HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
milton ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2009
88 Posts
new body

the maisto suzuki hyabusa body work fits nice onto the chassi.The tank will require alot of work to make the slot for the rider control.the upper & lower fairings are one piece,looks like spacers are needed along with longer screws to fit it to the bike.It is really a different look.Now I just have to get the rider off and the tank assy off.any removal tios? I have poked a bit ,but am nervous about braeking something.
Thanks for the tips on batteries Steve. I'll have to get some,I need a charger too don't I?
shanedc is offline Find More Posts by shanedc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2009, 02:51 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanedc
the maisto suzuki hyabusa body work fits nice onto the chassi.The tank will require alot of work to make the slot for the rider control.the upper & lower fairings are one piece,looks like spacers are needed along with longer screws to fit it to the bike.It is really a different look.Now I just have to get the rider off and the tank assy off.any removal tios? I have poked a bit ,but am nervous about braeking something.
Thanks for the tips on batteries Steve. I'll have to get some,I need a charger too don't I?
Post pics.....
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 14, 2009, 03:49 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalain
This is my last BL Silverlit version, with feigao 525OKV:

I have tried yesterday in Gymnasium: It's the better I have
BL Bike is good but not the vidéos:
On the synthetic, there is not grip enough:
http://www.dailymotion.com/lalain54/...3_motoz-2_tech
The carpet is better but my Mini-Z Club does not want let me try enough:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/...rbj_motoz_tech
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jan 14, 2009, 06:49 PM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
I use a Micro T lipo, lots of them on eBay, some 230mah and others 200mah
They are small enough that I bought two of those for mine and I plan to use them both at once for longer run-times. I will have to charge them individually, but am making a "Y" harness to run them parallel in the bike. The mAh will be doubled, but the voltage will stay the same.

...as soon as I get around to mounting the motor, that is.
icecreamslick is offline Find More Posts by icecreamslick
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
249 Posts
Home comparaison between my 3 silverlit bikes:
First is HOR but modified with a good 41Mhz radio:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/video/13519028
Second is my beautifull bike with the Feigao BL, here with Nimh battery:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/video/13519079
Third is the powered version, with the Atomic Chili brushed:
http://www.dailymotion.com/Lalain54/video/13519144
Not possible to put full power
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:19 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,700 Posts
so when you put the BL motor in, you take out the dual motor setup?... how does it balance w/o the two motors... any good?... the videos look good...

*edit... that atomic chili motor is ridiculous!!
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 17, 2009, 02:21 AM
Old enough to know better
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
No worries remember to time your runs, so you dont over discharge your cells, I run mine for 8 mins and get 180mah back into them, so to be safe run for 6 mins and see what you get back in them then you will now where you are, I guess all the bikes will be different on what they draw.
Steve.
Now I have had more time to 'mess' with this bike, it is getting better and better.
The run times seem to be increasing, and am sure I am getting 7-8 minutes now... everything must have loosened up.

One thing though, got the second bike on Friday, and it is far more responsive than the first.
The rider moves a lot faster, and can change direction at slower speeds.

I may need to replace the rider servo in the first bike, as even when in hand, the rider movement seems laboured. Totally different to the second bike.

Oh, and they are on different channels, A and B. Race!

Any suggestions on replacing the rider servo, size, strength etc?

Many thanks.
Drew
drewpyfz6 is offline Find More Posts by drewpyfz6
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpyfz6
Any suggestions on replacing the rider servo, size, strength etc?
Have you taken the bike apart, yet? When I did I ditched the electronics, but I'm pretty sure that the servo is part of or attached to the ESC/receiver board. I don't believe you can change any one of those without replacing them all.

...I could be wrong.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:24 PM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamslick
Have you taken the bike apart, yet? When I did I ditched the electronics, but I'm pretty sure that the servo is part of or attached to the ESC/receiver board. I don't believe you can change any one of those without replacing them all.

...I could be wrong.
No, I have not taken it apart - yet.
Was hoping it used a small separate servo.

That will be a nuisance, if its attached to the receiver/esc unit.

What did you replace the electronics with?
Could you gave the names etc....

Thanks in advance,
Drew
Old Jan 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
I installed a Futaba FASST receiver, Futaba S3114 servo and a Losi Xcelorin brushless ESC/motor system designed for a 1:36 micro truck. This project is kind of on the back burner at the moment, but I was able to fit all of the components only after using a rotary tool to remove some of the plastic from the bike's frame.

I bought the motor mounting screws yesterday along with some tiny heat shrink tubing, so I may find time tonight to finish the modifications and solder some wires. I just need to fabricate some sort of Lexan plate to use to attach the motor and then add double-sided tape to secure everything in place.

It will only take about an hour if I can get to it.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 06:17 PM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamslick
I installed a Futaba FASST receiver, Futaba S3114 servo and a Losi Xcelorin brushless ESC/motor system designed for a 1:36 micro truck. This project is kind of on the back burner at the moment, but I was able to fit all of the components only after using a rotary tool to remove some of the plastic from the bike's frame.

I bought the motor mounting screws yesterday along with some tiny heat shrink tubing, so I may find time tonight to finish the modifications and solder some wires. I just need to fabricate some sort of Lexan plate to use to attach the motor and then add double-sided tape to secure everything in place.

It will only take about an hour if I can get to it.
That sounds really good, and pictures, build thread would be fantastic.

I am not too bothered about going brushless, the area I have is too small for the standard motor to stretch its legs -
Manoeuvrability is the key thing I need...

My real problem is bike (A), the rider servo is nowhere near as good as bike (B), so getting that sorted would make me happier.

If I need replace all the electronics, then I will, but don't really need BL power.
So a standard small brushed motor and esc would be great, but really don't know where to start looking.

Really appreciate your help and advice.
Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Just looked at the receiver - blimey, they are expensive...
What measurements are they?

I have a spare AR6100 (6channel) Spektrum receiver that I could use, but may be too big?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
You're right, they are expensive! I use the FASST system, 1 transmitter and several receivers, for almost all of my RC vehicles. I pulled one out of a car to install in the bike. As far as size I'll have to measure when I get home, but I took the receiver out of the hard plastic case, so it will fit.

I will shoot some pictures as I assemble the motorcycle with all of the new components and post them.

Cheers
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:21 AM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Thanks icecreamslick,
That would be great and much appreciated.

Had not thought about removing the case off the receiver, may have to start stripping it down and see whats - what.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 04:58 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,833 Posts
What you got to remember guys, that the faster you go with the stock steering set up it will not turn, you will have to change the steering to direct, this will lose you slow speed handling, I just love mine as it is on a 2 cell and lead in the riders head and knees
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco