Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 08, 2008, 04:47 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,030 Posts
I think its more to do with improvements gained with experience from the manufacture of the Dg1000 and ASW28 and the Salto which has lead to the improvement of the manufacture of this kits ,owning all of the previous models and being present on the assembly of this Condor has shown clear evidence of improvements made in the manfacturing process.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2008, 05:17 AM
Don't ask me anything...
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
I think its more to do with improvements gained with experience from the manufacture of the Dg1000 and ASW28 and the Salto which has lead to the improvement of the manufacture of this kits ,owning all of the previous models and being present on the assembly of this Condor has shown clear evidence of improvements made in the manfacturing process.
SteveW
So the fact that this design has been around for many years has no impact on the product as it is presented now? What about all the experienced gained in how the particular design copes over time and use?
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Oct 08, 2008, 12:46 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,030 Posts
If you read what I wrote you would clearly see I was talking about FLY-FLY's manufacturing techniques .
SteveW
Last edited by steve wenban; Oct 08, 2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2008, 12:45 AM
Blue Collar DLG Marshall
Greensboro, NC
Joined Jun 2007
1,866 Posts
I love the looks of this beauty and have read the ASW28 thread so I am very curious about how this one flies???

I am working on my Christmas wish list.
Double Pappa is offline Find More Posts by Double Pappa
Old Oct 09, 2008, 12:56 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,181 Posts
As soon as I get a day with the right wind, she will be away. I will also post a video.
pope is offline Find More Posts by pope
Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:21 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,181 Posts
Well Friday was the day.

The Condor is a gentle giant, CG is about right from the plan. She went straight out with only some down trim required, wind strenght was about 20kts, she carved holes in the sky, rolls are actual, loops nice kept big, inverted good as well for E205. Rudder works well for stall turns, I was running 70% aileron/rudder mix.

Flaps work well at 70 deg with a fair bit of down elevator offset, you can fly full circuits with full flap deployed.

Landing was a breeze in the second attempt, with full flap she stopped 300mm above the hill into the wind and settled down nice.

cheers
Dave
I will get some video soon, the test flight day everyone was working.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:38 AM
Blue Collar DLG Marshall
Greensboro, NC
Joined Jun 2007
1,866 Posts
Pope- Thank you so much for the flight report. From your report I am getting the idea she would be a good aero-tow plane. When looking it a pic posted in this thread I figured she would turn pretty well and have some decent lift. That wing is nice and beefy near the root, deffinitely a lower aspect ratio than some of the scale ships.

Looking forward to some video !!!
Double Pappa is offline Find More Posts by Double Pappa
Old Oct 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
Don't ask me anything...
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,886 Posts
The Condor Magic Evo 4 (with flaps) has just got back in stock in Germany: http://www.modellhobby-shop.de/Model...=130&c=39&p=39.

No idea if this is exactly the same model as the fly-fly, but probably is?
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Oct 15, 2008, 12:02 AM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,181 Posts
looks to be the same for sure.

I now have some video, all I have to do is sort it out, as the person that filmed it took 25 bits instead of 1 long video, should be ok but will take longer to put together.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 04:28 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,219 Posts
Descriptions sounded like a Flyfly Condor..build up sheeted wings...
I thought the original was foam obechi..
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Oct 15, 2008, 09:03 AM
Dave
Putnam Valley, NY
Joined Sep 2007
669 Posts
Opinion please? I currently fly my FlyFly ASW-28, with electric motor, as a flat land flyer/thermal seeker. I can catch medium to strong thermals with the ASW-28. Would the Condor be a good next plane for me? I would motorize it and use it the same way I use the ASW-28. Where can I get one in the US?

Unfortunately slopes are not an option here but I love scale sailplanes...or should I expand to include semi-scale
CygnusX1 is offline Find More Posts by CygnusX1
Last edited by CygnusX1; Oct 15, 2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 01:19 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,030 Posts
The Condor would have better thermal ability than the 28 IMHO simply because of the wing loading and the fact that its a good old E205 section I like the look of the Condor as a semi scale model and was pushing for its release agggggggeeeeessss ago with Albert .Trouble was it took so long i spent my dollars on 2 other aircraft at the time and the Boss told me thats it till next year (aviation budget spent for 08 lol)
the the manufacturer as far as i can see has really improved there techniques and its a far better layup than the earlier 28's Dg1000's and the Salto . Unfortunately it would be harder to get from Albert due to EMS changing the size policy .But it still a nice machine looking forward to Dave's Video.
SteveW
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:02 PM
Dave
Putnam Valley, NY
Joined Sep 2007
669 Posts
I wish I could find one that I could order. I see they even make an electric ready model. It appears to be a perfect match for my flying styles....keep your eyes peeled for one in the US for me! Thanks.
CygnusX1 is offline Find More Posts by CygnusX1
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:17 PM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,181 Posts
have a talk with ricky at www.flyflyhobbies.com and see what he can do for you.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:19 PM
Dave Pope Manawatu NZ
Palmerston North NZ
Joined Dec 2006
1,181 Posts
wrong address www.flyflyhobby.com sorry