HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2008, 08:21 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Cool
The Smoothie Flys!

So, good old CW2 Dennis Eelkema finished building his Mountain Models Smoothie that Shovelheadfreak sent over to us. Sorry, no build pictures, as he was in such a hurry to finish it he didnt take any.

However, here are some pics of "maiden flight day" on, as Dennis calls it his "ninja plane". Yeah, he's a bit different, but he keeps us laughing.

I did the maiden for him just to get it all set up and trimmed. We are flying it on an AXI 2208/34, 9x4.7 prop and two 3S 1320 lipos. Plenty of power and just heavy enough to handle the mild winds today. All in all, great flying little plane!

I didnt have my buddy box available today, so I took it up about 150 feet and handed him the TX. He flew about 3 nice patterns before getting a bit disoriented. I took the TX and landed it without incident though. All in all, not bad at all for a firts time builder/flyer!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2008, 10:18 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Awesome! The Smoothie looks great...glad to hear you guys will be getting lots of stick time when the weather/wind cooperate.
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Oct 06, 2008, 11:09 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,608 Posts
cool little plane laine. Nice colors. At least you always got some stick time over there it seems.
XtremeWingRC is online now Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Oct 07, 2008, 12:11 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
We'll get you all weaned off those eggbeaters one of these days.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert