HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2008, 04:18 AM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,866 Posts
Contest
SoCalSlopeRacing F3F Event 10-11 @ Vincent

Next scheduled event is for Saturday @ Vincent. Home of fast times and one of my favorites for racing. Landing area is decent to good. Guys unfamiliar to the site can get coached for landing path in no time.
Good news is the winds have been real predictable, bad news is the road down is rumored to be real thrashed. I may chance the drive down in my rover, but may opt for the top of the secondary hill and take the short walk down. Find out when we get there.
So, meet at the cell towers @ 10 am, and well make the trek down, set up course and racing follows.
Good chance for fast times, be there!
New guys are free, $5 for seasoned characters, bring AMA if you're not on file.
WD, the CD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2008, 03:05 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,764 Posts
I will be there if work permits.
Channel 58

T
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 05, 2008, 11:56 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,814 Posts
I'm in too. Looks like I will get a kitchen pass.

Sting Ch. 24/33/42

Bob M.
Doc Holiday48 is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
Old Oct 07, 2008, 06:20 PM
santa barbara
Joined Feb 2008
132 Posts
i have a honda civil 4 door can my car make it up to the top of the hill okay?

gregore'
gregore' is offline Find More Posts by gregore'
Old Oct 07, 2008, 06:24 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,866 Posts
yes
Old Oct 07, 2008, 06:35 PM
santa barbara
Joined Feb 2008
132 Posts
have the driving directions changed at all from this ?

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Starting point: Junction of I-5 and the Antelope Valley Fwy. (SR-14): Go N on SR-14 30.4 mi. to Angeles Forest Hwy. and turn RIGHT. Go S. over bridge on Angeles Forest Hwy. 1 Mi. to Vinent View Rd. (dirt) and turn LEFT. Follow the most-traveled route up the hill about 1.3 mi. to where you drive between 2 huge power line towers. From this point on, turn LEFT at all main intersections until you can see the cellular towers to the North. That's where you want to go.

From the cell tower down, it's steep, rough, and loose. If you don't have a 4WD vehicle, park near the large cell tower and walk N down the trail to the flying site. If you do have a 4WD vehicle, you still might want to park near the large cell tower, walk down, and check things out before you try to drive down there.
gregore' is offline Find More Posts by gregore'
Old Oct 07, 2008, 08:51 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,866 Posts
That will get you there. I will Pm you with my cell # and we can get a time to meet at the base of the hill. WD
Old Oct 07, 2008, 11:09 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jul 2004
1,571 Posts
Chris your a channel 58 hog.

Who might have a shot at being there. Those of you who no me know knows something will come up. I can be on 11 if I make it, depends on work like Chris.

Jim
Tehachapi Jim is offline Find More Posts by Tehachapi Jim
Old Oct 07, 2008, 11:19 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Aug 2004
625 Posts
On the directions, I thiink that listing of turns pre-dates the erection of a gate on Vincet View. Because of that and to keep adjacent landowner frosty, we go about 3/4 mile down the highway to where there is a dirt road to left and power transformer farm on the right. Turn left go maybe 150 ft. and turn 90 deg. left to follow road under the power poles right back to the road uphill of that house. From there the route is the same as before. Drive slowly, quietly and dust-free past the house.

I'll be there on Chan 13, Skorp and Ares
BillDelHagen is offline Find More Posts by BillDelHagen
Old Oct 08, 2008, 01:10 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
672 Posts
I'm thinking about coming up but I was wondering how / if the place works on a Santa Ana. I'll try to coax some of the SD crew to come along.

Thanks,
Mark

Aris / 2.4
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Oct 08, 2008, 12:35 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGlide
I'm thinking about coming up but I was wondering how / if the place works on a Santa Ana.
It doesn't. The back is *kind of* flyable in a NE, but not worth the drive up and the hike down by any stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman
bad news is the road down is rumored to be real thrashed. I may chance the drive down in my rover, but may opt for the top of the secondary hill and take the short walk down. Find out when we get there.
The road down is indeed in terrible shape. We spent an afternoon digging out a fellow flyer with 4wd low in a capable off road vehicle a few weeks back. It was *very* sketchy at times as he was sliding off the side. I thought I was going to see a roll-over.

You should be ok heading down to the middle plateau, but I wouldn't go any farther...
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Last edited by screamin' eagle; Oct 08, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Oct 08, 2008, 01:35 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyman
Chris your a channel 58 hog.

Who might have a shot at being there. Those of you who no me know knows something will come up. I can be on 11 if I make it, depends on work like Chris.

Jim
Not to worry, Jim-

I likely won't be attending.

Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 09, 2008, 09:48 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
672 Posts
Unfortunately I'm out as well.

Mark
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
Old Oct 09, 2008, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jul 2004
1,571 Posts
Wait, and I might miss a chance to fly against a world class guy? hehe. Concreteman will be there to beat. Again, hehe.

By the way, did you drink a beer on my dime like I suggested Chris? At least one?

Jim
Tehachapi Jim is offline Find More Posts by Tehachapi Jim
Old Oct 09, 2008, 11:55 PM
Behind the Orange Curtain, CA
Joined Aug 2008
33 Posts
Thanks for all the help at Fermin. Unfortunately I can not make Vincent. I will be at K1 Speed for my son's birthday.
rckt-man is offline Find More Posts by rckt-man