Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Will the dog be flying in it
jonahlkoch is offline Find More Posts by jonahlkoch
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Sorry if this has been commented on but at over 13 thousand posts this is a long, but great thread. I have just started reading it in the past month. Has anyone tried to make a summary thread? As I was reading through it I thought it might help others who are new to the thread like me.

I was thinking an editor could create a new closed thread that would eliminate the redundant, off topic and unneeded comments. They could also add summarys to consolidate and just speed the process of catching up with the build to this point. If they downloaded the whole log they could rip it down to 1000 comments in a few days and repost it as a closed log.
Just a idea that might help. Again awsome, increadable thread an good luck!!!!!
marinefish666 is offline Find More Posts by marinefish666
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:14 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Apr 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinefish666 View Post
I was thinking an editor could create a new closed thread that would eliminate the redundant, off topic and unneeded comments. They could also add summarys to consolidate and just speed the process of catching up with the build to this point. If they downloaded the whole log they could rip it down to 1000 comments in a few days and repost it as a closed log.
Sounds like we have a volunteer!
pappy35 is offline Find More Posts by pappy35
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:07 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,107 Posts
Hey Dag, when you bring EII to SEFF, promise that you'll bring some picture of the 36 along for us to drool over.
McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:50 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,450 Posts
I usually just skip to Damon's posts and a couple on either side of them to skim forwards. While this thread does wander a little bit, especially when Damon is busy doing other things, it does have some great people who post good techniques, questions, information about the full scale aircraft.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:08 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,753 Posts
Quote:
Sorry if this has been commented on but at over 13 thousand posts this is a long, but great thread. I have just started reading it in the past month. Has anyone tried to make a summary thread? As I was reading through it I thought it might help others who are new to the thread like me.

An off-topic plea for a no-off-topic thread
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:31 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
It kind of adds to the thread I think. In a literary sense, it makes the story a little richer

If you want the highlights, "View all pictures in thread" and go to the posts that capture your attention.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
I have skimmed to Dag214's comments and done the picture review also. The extra comments are helpful but I think a larger audience could be created if a downsized summary where created. To some it's like starting "War and Peace"...a book I never read!
I would love to do it but I am new and wouldn't know what/how to edit or consolidate.
marinefish666 is offline Find More Posts by marinefish666
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:30 PM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
474 Posts
Subscribed!
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:37 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
I have skimmed to Dag214's comments and done the picture review also. The extra comments are helpful but I think a larger audience could be created if a downsized summary where created. To some it's like starting "War and Peace"...a book I never read!
I would love to do it but I am new and wouldn't know what/how to edit or consolidate.
Yeah it has grown out of control. At one point we all tried to keep it on topic, but with me taking so long, and with life, other projects just very hard. I have never started a project that didn't fly or crash. Never had one that became a hanger queen...

I attempted to do updates in video-
Convair B-36 257 inch History P1 (14 min 55 sec)

Convair B-36 257 inch History Part 2 (13 min 47 sec)

Convair B-36 257 inch History Part 3 (14 min 56 sec)

I have always wants on the first page to put links to major parts of the thread, but everyone's comments are now just as important as the almost 2 million views.... And I am not retired and don't have any extra time so keeping this thread going just takes time....... In someways I wish I never started the thread as I could care less about the size of the audience, I only care that someone thinks that this info is helpful to them.... If only 10 were following and never commented it would be just as cool if 50 were following... The cool thing to me that is priceless is the cool pals I have meet here, and the few manufactures that have spent a ton of time with me, and helping me with some huge challenges. Hacker, Castle, Thunder Power, Glennis, Tru-Turn and MANY others have been 125% unreal....

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214
Old Mar 08, 2013, 05:41 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
Hey Dag, when you bring EII to SEFF, promise that you'll bring some picture of the 36 along for us to drool over.
McD
Most the pictures are here, and I have over 900 gig of pictures now, so I am not ever sure which ones someone has not seen. I may still get the 36 to SEFF but really doubt it, this year I am bring my junker aero biplane, PZ F4U, a heli, and the EII.

This year at SEFF I want to have no worries and just hang with my pals and fly.

I may dump a ton of pictures on my Ipad.....

Rock ON!
Dag
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:31 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
... a heli ...
Rock ON!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:32 AM
RC DOCTOR
United States, IN, Kendallville
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
hey dag i just saw you are from fishers... my cousins live down there
we arnt too far away really.. im about 30 min north of fortwayne.... kinda cool to have such a large project so close..... would be neat to see it fly
mr.savage is offline Find More Posts by mr.savage
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:26 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
I have always wants on the first page to put links to major parts of the thread, but everyone's comments are now just as important as the almost 2 million views.... And I am not retired and don't have any extra time so keeping this thread going just takes time....... In someways I wish I never started the thread as I could care less about the size of the audience, I only care that someone thinks that this info is helpful to them.... If only 10 were following and never commented it would be just as cool if 50 were following... The cool thing to me that is priceless is the cool pals I have meet here, and the few manufactures that have spent a ton of time with me, and helping me with some huge challenges. Hacker, Castle, Thunder Power, Glennis, Tru-Turn and MANY others have been 125% unreal....

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Sorry. Half the charm is the off-topic stuff. Your thread has taken a major undertaking of an immense project that generates huge interest, and has taken on a life of its own as a little dag-following-b-36 (and Emmaselle) community. I took the time to read the whole thread, yes it takes a long time to get caught up on, but the asides are usually interesting, the encouragement to each other is heartening, and the updates are exciting. But that's just my 2 cents.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:57 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,154 Posts
Ahhhh...ever the optimist...

This was posted on Jan 11th 2010 in the cad/cam forum...at which time Dag said it would fly in 3-4 months....

Dag's B-36 drawings...

I'm not saying anything derogatory, just saying that life has a way of getting in the way of things we want to do....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...