HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:21 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Yeah, he was just using the throttle trim switch to simulate engine start and shutdown. I'm sure you could set it to just the throttle stick.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:47 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,187 Posts
It seems to me, that that sound would be for your B-36, as I think there is a recip and turbine engine sound mix in there...though of course I could be wrong....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:39 PM
Electric Sound Guy
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined May 2009
61 Posts
That's exactly what I did. the throttle trim is used to start and shutdown everything. You only need one master channel.
reddogsr is offline Find More Posts by reddogsr
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:43 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,808 Posts
That sounded amazing!
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:07 PM
USA, MO, Jefferson City
Joined Feb 2005
102 Posts
I'm curious how the artificial sound will "blend" with the actual prop/fan noise from the model. With six electric props and four ducted fans DAG's B-36 certainly won't be silent.
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
This was a great video of using sound and an engine start procedure. Ed had his throttle setup so that one click started each motor separately. If you just want to see that, skip to 1:30 in the video, but the whole thing is worth watching. Ed tricked out this EAM B-17.

B-17 Tribute, "A Bit O' Lace" RC Scale Model (3 min 52 sec)

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:04 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
In 1970, there were two B36s flying in RC scale, I was amazed at how much the six 09 glow engines sounded so much like the real B36. I was in the Air Force from 1953 through 1958 and head many B36s and the XC99 fly over so I was very familiar with the sound of six pusher props in flight. The unusal sound of the B36 must have been from the six pusher props in the wake of the wing.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:05 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
If I put a sound system in my 36 it will be 4-6 systems. But that will take me awhile to save the money. While I have gotten some great discounts from Thunder Power, Hacker, and about 10 other companies that has made this project possible, I still have over 13K in the plane, and that takes me saving.

To do a sound system right would require a bunch of stuff. But I do have the room. So what I may do is get the plane flying and all the bugs worked out, then look at a sound system. As many of you know I work with and in the entertainment industry with automation. I have many cool friends and one buddy said he may be able to make my a controller that has 2 channels and each one could have its on mp3. So him and I started talking about the show controllers we work with and he thinks he can make a card that would hold 6 channels each with its own mp3, and they could be set at different rates making them all sound like different engines.

But we shall see......

Rock ON!!!!!

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:40 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Last night late I finally landed on how my RX layout will work. Birger here on RCG is a great friend and a really smart guy on electrics. I am using most of his ideas on how to better place and use the batteries that will power all my systems. I am drawing a new riser that I will post on how everything will work. My RX in the wing will have 2 small LiFe batteries. I will also be pulling off the balance tap on the 4S fan batteries for my nav and position lights.

In the fuse I will have 2 RX's. 2 12 channels for elevators, ailerons, throttles, flaps, rudder, brakes, and so on, and 1 9 channel for my bomb bay doors, and bomb drops.....

I hope in the next 2 weeks to get about 90% of this wired, but I am also finishing the EII up to test fly in the next few months for SEFF. SEFF is closer than you think

Thanks, DAG
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:37 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Hey everyone.
I know many of you are following my EII build. But thought I would post the sound module test here for anyone not following my racer build.
EII Sound Test 003 (3 min 5 sec)

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Dag— it just gets better 'n better.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:17 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Jun 2010
102 Posts
This is a great build; I'm glad to see it still going.

I read about it back a few years ago after stumbling onto this website. I hadn't touched an RC in almost 8 years and needed to buy a battery and everything had changed. This thread had only about 300 pages at the time, and I read all of them. Learned a ton from it!

I just got back into the hobby again after a couple years hiatus, and had to come check out the thread. WOW 900+ pages took me quite a few nights to read. I'm really glad I did, I learned even more.

Good luck with the plane(s) and I hopefully won't get so distracted by my muscle cars and miss 600 pages again

Jessica
78_elky is offline Find More Posts by 78_elky
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Hey everyone.
I know many of you are following my EII build. But thought I would post the sound module test here for anyone not following my racer build.
http://youtu.be/LQ6VDI3NLvY

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
I like the mannequin... is that an attempt at plugging the ears or mimicing Escher's "The Scream" (http://thomastoons.typepad.com/thoma...the_scream.jpg)

Sorry, long week at work and plowing through RCG for the first time in several days.

Keeping plugging away (at the model AND the thread)!
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:00 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78_elky View Post
This is a great build; I'm glad to see it still going.

I read about it back a few years ago after stumbling onto this website. I hadn't touched an RC in almost 8 years and needed to buy a battery and everything had changed. This thread had only about 300 pages at the time, and I read all of them. Learned a ton from it!

I just got back into the hobby again after a couple years hiatus, and had to come check out the thread. WOW 900+ pages took me quite a few nights to read. I'm really glad I did, I learned even more.

Good luck with the plane(s) and I hopefully won't get so distracted by my muscle cars and miss 600 pages again

Jessica
Muscle cars are a very valid distraction. Just sayin'. Especially the pickup car kind!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
naaaa '63 split window ' Vette. FI if you are a tad sadistic...
jt
jpt62 is offline Find More Posts by jpt62