Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:34 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Apr 2009
9 Posts
Dag,

First off, I want to say: Holy crap!!! This project is awesome! And your skills are, well, out of this world!!!! Completely crazy! So, you have my "reverence" :P

Now that we have that out of the way...

Have you finished the radio and power distribution design? If so, could you explain or link the page with it? I went back and forth on a lot of the thread, but all I saw was possible scenarios.

I'm very interested on how you will solve the radio and power issue.

Anyhow, I enjoyed reading this thread almost end to end, to see how it went from an idea, to that crazy monster in the the trailer!

L8r,

--T
tmodelli is offline Find More Posts by tmodelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:58 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmodelli View Post
Dag,

First off, I want to say: Holy crap!!! This project is awesome! And your skills are, well, out of this world!!!! Completely crazy! So, you have my "reverence" :P

Now that we have that out of the way...

Have you finished the radio and power distribution design? If so, could you explain or link the page with it? I went back and forth on a lot of the thread, but all I saw was possible scenarios.

I'm very interested on how you will solve the radio and power issue.

Anyhow, I enjoyed reading this thread almost end to end, to see how it went from an idea, to that crazy monster in the the trailer!

L8r,

--T
Attached is my air, electrical, and radio design. It may change as I am now building the harnesses from system to system.
Not sure what you mean power power issue? propulsion is easy with prop speed and watts, power for systems is 8-A123 for RX gear, and 10 Lipo's for the motors.

Thanks, DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
You know buddy.

Here is a short list...... But none live close to me...

Conehead
Birger
Tonystott
Coptercapt
AlexanderB
Captmike
Click the pirate
demondriver
Ducky22
fooman
jsmith285
modeone
Murocflyer
thedeuce
The Big E

Well, and a few more.

May end up just being the luck of the straw at the field....

Rock on my friend....

DAG
I just got back from vacation and catching up, but, I am quite honoured to be on this list . Thank you.
Ducky22 is offline Find More Posts by Ducky22
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky22 View Post
I just got back from vacation and catching up, but, I am quite honoured to be on this list . Thank you.
Yes Ducky22, that is a fine list. Dag has honoured many people by that list.

I hope to see the B-36 fly in person. It will be an epic event.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,739 Posts
If you ever try to fly it inverted, roll or loop it ,I will die and haunt you no end. I admire the guy's flying skill but an inverted huge B-29 is unforgivable grandstanding, never mind the inverted full scale 707 or Ford Trimotor aerobatics of yore. I hope that you or somebody does a good video documentary of your build, test program, maiden, and trim flights. "Awesome" should be reserved for really "amazing" things like your B-36.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,121 Posts
Quote:
You know buddy.

Here is a short list...... But none live close to me...

Conehead
Birger
Tonystott
Coptercapt
AlexanderB
Captmike
Click the pirate
demondriver
Ducky22
fooman
jsmith285
modeone
Murocflyer
thedeuce
The Big E

Well, and a few more.

May end up just being the luck of the straw at the field....

Rock on my friend....

DAG
Thanks for including me Dag, but you should thank your lucky stars I live too far away! Mt ticker couldn't stand the stress, and I reckon my jibbering mess would put you off your game! LOL
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Well.....
Over the weekend I finally figured the rest of my systems and harnesses. I will have a RX in each wing, and 2 in the fuse. Even though it complete changes how my batteries will be laid out it does save weight and set-up at the field.

Like suggested by Birger I will pull a bit of power off my jet pod batteries for my nav lights and position lights. The ailerons, flaps, and motor commands will be off the RX in each wing. I almost have my new riser done showing the lay-out and I will post it soon.

It really looks like SEFF 2013 will be a go for the 36, unless I get it 100% done and then run out of money for the 2 set of 10 lipos I need

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
If you ever try to fly it inverted, roll or loop it ,I will die and haunt you no end. I admire the guy's flying skill but an inverted huge B-29 is unforgivable grandstanding, never mind the inverted full scale 707 or Ford Trimotor aerobatics of yore. I hope that you or somebody does a good video documentary of your build, test program, maiden, and trim flights. "Awesome" should be reserved for really "amazing" things like your B-36.
Just keep in mind that Mac's B-29 was 100% built for the airshow circuit and doing aerobatics. Mac is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, and he 100% had the plane built for the X1 and aerobatic show he puts on.

I agree that a scale B29 should be flown scale, but his was purpose built for airshows.....

Thanks, DAG
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2005
1,161 Posts
good work
jzanutto is offline Find More Posts by jzanutto
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:04 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Just keep in mind that Mac's B-29 was 100% built for the airshow circuit and doing aerobatics. Mac is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, and he 100% had the plane built for the X1 and aerobatic show he puts on...
Exactly, and it's great, crazy fun to see what he does with it. A big aerobatic B-29! Watching the vids scares you to death, and that's what makes it such a kick to see.

Sure he's banged it up. So? Who cares? He just fixes it and carries on. That's the whole idea.

Why do so many people object to what he does? It's unique and remarkable. Perhaps certain parties should lighten up and try to remember that all this stuff we flyers do is about having a little harmless fun...
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:03 AM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,139 Posts
Amen to the fun part. This is after all a hobby, and if you are enjoying it, it is doing what it is supposed to do. So I will loop and roll my PBY, and my B-17, and B-25, and if someone doesn't think that should be done because it's not "scale", well, they don't have to watch or stay--lol. We do this for our fun and relaxation, not for others. If anyone understands that, I am sure it's Dag, who has gone his own way his entire life. If it ever stops being fun, then I will find something else that is...Pete M
pmisuinas is offline Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
Suspended Account
Switzerland
Joined Aug 2012
173 Posts
I do like that B-29 at Hodges, I was kind of hoping it would wipe out big time like many of the giant scales on YouTube-it would have been funny allot. But I'm happy it's still alive.
mikhail tupulov is offline Find More Posts by mikhail tupulov
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,433 Posts
T-U, has anyone ever done a large scale model of the TU-95 (with the contra-rotating props)? That sounds like another one of the highly skilled engineering projects, very much like the B-36 is.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
S-u-A, UK.
Joined Jan 2003
741 Posts
Yup, I know I've seen one at a fairly large scale somewhere... will have a dig about.
awmeade is offline Find More Posts by awmeade
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,040 Posts
http://www.bomberfieldusa.com/index....4391f8049fa6f1

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663