HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,002 Posts
Dag....as usual, you have your work cut out for you......and that last picture is just plain funny...not too many planes you can sit on a stand and work under (or have to for that matter)!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:17 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
You could put a link to your junk drawer in your sig line?

1 adam 12 1 adam 12 we have a 5150 building a bomber in is garage ....that show and Emergency were my favorite shows as a kid.

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,002 Posts
Hmmm.... I wonder if Homeland security is watching this build......

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:02 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
You could put a link to your junk drawer in your sig line?

1 adam 12 1 adam 12 we have a 5150 building a bomber in is garage ....that show and Emergency were my favorite shows as a kid.

Robert
RCG states no URL's....

And I watch Drag Net, 1 Adam 12, and Emergency on Netflix all the time.....

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Hmmm.... I wonder if Homeland security is watching this build......

SteveT
Why would they??????

Weird statement.

DAG
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,210 Posts
It's a subtle reference to the idea someone over there might be concerned you will use this model in a very scale manner--even if the real one never was. After all, if they can get all worked up over the idea someone could pack enough material in a 55" wingspan EDF ARF and send it to an out of sight destination, what might be the thoughts when a REAL craftsman is involved..Pete M
pmisuinas is offline Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
And I pay for netflix every month and didn't know all those were on. Yes Dragnet was good too.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
RCG states no URL's....

And I watch Drag Net, 1 Adam 12, and Emergency on Netflix all the time.....

DAG
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:28 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Why would they??????

Weird statement.

DAG
very weird,and slightly paranoid.
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:46 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Here's my take. And if I may flex my ego and say that I am a expert Giant Scale Planes so be it.

1. There is enough of us RC guys watching what we all doing to alert the proper people if we smelled something fishy going on.
2. Electrics do not have the endurance to carry much weight over long distances. Sure someone might say the could do a FPV system, but that is going way out on a limb that they could do any real harm.
3. Facts are Facts, when you do the calcs, real math to lift a given load and have it travel over a given distance and be accurate is a joke, weather, wind, all kinds of things would come into play.
4. I keep seeing all these post, and the news trying to make us RC guys look like we could be a threat, why go RC when someone could steel a tanker truck and do a who bunch more harm.

Using a RC plane (while staying in the AMA guide lines) as a weapon is a joke, and only lives in the minds of those that want to make other think there is a threat. Think about it like this....... Do you really think a person would go to all the trouble to try to hit something with a RC plane that might carry 25 pounds of something?????? When a car bomb, tanker truck, light aircraft, can do a whole bunch more damage??? I am sure the day will come when some a-hole tries something like that, but by all of us modelers being diligent in watching what is going on we can notify the proper people when that days comes.

And...... They are 250 pound RC planes flying all over Europe, the US has some of the tightest rules there are (although they are voluntary).

Now please back on topic (not aimed at Jimbo45cn).......

And I am sure that RCG is the place to post a top secret weapon You know.. to keep it low profile

DAG
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,002 Posts
Quote:
Why would they??????

Weird statement.

DAG
Just joking Dag about the fact it is a big bomber.... But yes, believe me Homeland security is watching all kinds of large models that could possibly carry a dangerous payload. About two years ago a guys was busted that had bought to turbine powered aircraft with the intention of using them to deliver explosives into government buildings. Fortunately, he knew nothing about RC, and even less about turbine models or he would have bought something that was actually capable of doing so....

Sorry that I confused you, and again, I was just joking, and did not mean to stir anything up.......

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Didn't mean it to be weird and am not paranoid.....as noted in my previous post, it was just a joke......

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Dang it! DDAG ya Beat me By 51.5 inches! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1737151
its a 205inch MQ-9 Reaper (thought you'd be interested.. )

Now the Question Thing is That with the nature of my Build the CIA, Interpol and MI6 are probably Keeping an eye on me..
Well if they turn up at my doorstep Then ill know but anywho ..

sorry for de-railing the thread
K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Last edited by Keenan smith; Sep 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
615 Posts
Dag you say you are starting on the wiring and I have not forgot about you. I will be mailing you those wire labels we talked about in the morning. Just been busy with work and planning a trip to Baltimore next weekend and side work, oh yea don't forget to throw time in for the wife as well. Anyways it took a little bit but they will be headed you way tommorow. I think it is something like 6 different books of them of diff types.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:16 AM
Scratch Builder
Braunschweig, Germany
Joined Sep 2006
1,325 Posts
Quote:

And......... I have had a ton of e-mails this year from cool people wanting to understand what I have learned from all my testing of motors, ESC, batteries, and just system junk. I still get people stating you need 150 watts per pound to fly a plan safely. Just ain't true. Sooo..... what I am trying to put together is a spread sheet of my testing and show set-ups and all the data I have. Some might find it useful.
Hi Damon,

I fly my quarterscale Piper Cub with 50 W/pound safely.Usually I consider 75 W/pound is just right for scale flying. Everyone has to consider that the more power you add the more power you need to get all this in the air.

Cheers Alexander
AlexanderB is offline Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:45 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Dag you say you are starting on the wiring and I have not forgot about you. I will be mailing you those wire labels we talked about in the morning. Just been busy with work and planning a trip to Baltimore next weekend and side work, oh yea don't forget to throw time in for the wife as well. Anyways it took a little bit but they will be headed you way tommorow. I think it is something like 6 different books of them of diff types.
No worries, take your time. With my work schedule I figure it will take me a few weeks before AI need them.

DAG