HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:44 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
... it is 100% certified for US use?
This from the Jeti/USA site:
Note: At this time, all Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz items are not eligible for domestic sale (Pending FCC Certification)!!!
So I guess the answer is "Not yet".

Although I see on Esprit's site they are in stock and available for sale (~$1300 for Tx plus 9ch Rx = not inexpensive!) so it is not clear to the casual hobby customer what the FCC status really is for the Jeti 2.4G product range.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Last edited by kgfly; Sep 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined May 2010
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
ZB, then it is 100% certified for US use?

Jack
Radio yes, first batch of R7/9/11 passed tests yesterday.
It's slow and expensive process.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
ZB will Esprit be attempting to compete with Futaba, Hitec, JR, Microsoft and the others? Any photos on the new radio.?
Eli Lipschitz is offline Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Sorry to go off topic but Microsoft?? Do they make radios?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Jul 2007
8,810 Posts
Microsoft Radio? There would be heaps of................ Crashes..........
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Yes they power my radio, and a few other Futaba radios.

http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/12113

Quote:
The ultimate radio control system with dual internal processor and runs on Microsoft Window CE, the 14MZ stands alone.
Eli Lipschitz is offline Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
Microsoft Radio? There would be heaps of................ Crashes..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Lipschitz View Post
Yes they power my radio, and a few other Futaba radios.

http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/12113

Quote:
The ultimate radio control system with dual internal processor and runs on Microsoft Window CE, the 14MZ stands alone.
No wonder!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Okay that makes sense I was just confused because the others all make radios, Microsoft doesn't.

I actually didn't realize till I was just looking into it that they still even developed CE since linux kernels are pretty much standard for embedded applications now. Thanks for the info
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Okay that makes sense I was just confused because the others all make radios, Microsoft doesn't.

I actually didn't realize till I was just looking into it that they still even developed CE since linux kernels are pretty much standard for embedded applications now. Thanks for the info
I work in IT, been doing it more than 20 years and my main technology is Microsoft but... I also used to have a Windows embedded phone and had to hard boot it on multiple occasions when I couldn't answer a ringing phone... Just sayin'... ;-p

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,607 Posts
Quote:
I work in IT, been doing it more than 20 years and my main technology is Microsoft but... I also used to have a Windows embedded phone and had to hard boot it on multiple occasions when I couldn't answer a ringing phone... Just sayin'... ;-p

Jack
Meh, that means nothing, I've had to do the same with iPhones, Androids and BlackBerry... Goes to show

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:

Jack
Jack,
We all know your 100% JR and nothing else will live up to it.

I work in controls in the entertainment industry where we move loads from 1000 pounds, to as much as 90,000 pounds over peoples heads. I do this for a living with controls at the PLC level so just about any software used is 100% sold. Most all software used that has lock-ups or times when you need to re-boot is due to other programs that are not 100% tested to live in the base software. Cell phones, PC, just about any software that has the ability to run other software can and will lock-up. But PLC based system, or closed systems like RC Radios, systems that are closed will have a 99.9% chance of never locking up. Just about any system that has only windows loaded on it and has this system on a non-volatile system will not lock-up. I do this with siemens controls that are PLC based all the time with windows based systems and in 10 years have never had 1 lock-up.

So if you have done this for 20 years you should know the difference between a cell phone that can have loaded on it 100 of programs, and a RC radio that has a closed system. As far as I know ( and I may be wrong) you can't load Face Book on any of our radios, but i do have it on my phone.

Cheers

DAG, and Rock On from NJ..... Thus the reason for so few post....
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
603 Posts
Dag I work with PLC's a good bit at work. Never dealt with Siemens on the PLC side of things but they are my absolute favorite when it comes to power distribution systems. Where I work our engineers use some Allen Bradley, some Omron, but most of all they love the Direct Logic PLC's you get from Automation Direct. I personally like the Omron the best of the 3 we use. they are more expensive and a lot more complex but reliable as hell. The direct logic may be okay for some places but they just don't hold up in the environment I work in, I would say at least once a week we are changing out an input or output card. Anyways thats my rant but saw you mention PLC's and it got me thinking.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Dag I work with PLC's a good bit at work. Never dealt with Siemens on the PLC side of things but they are my absolute favorite when it comes to power distribution systems. Where I work our engineers use some Allen Bradley, some Omron, but most of all they love the Direct Logic PLC's you get from Automation Direct. I personally like the Omron the best of the 3 we use. they are more expensive and a lot more complex but reliable as hell. The direct logic may be okay for some places but they just don't hold up in the environment I work in, I would say at least once a week we are changing out an input or output card. Anyways thats my rant but saw you mention PLC's and it got me thinking.
Last derailment.

And I hope one day these discussions will live here ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703952 )at my junk drawer, but this derailment is my fault as I brought up the radio stuff.

And I just want to be clear, many of the manufactures I have contracted with us all sorts of PLC based controllers that support all kinds of software. For the front ends the systems may be based on a Allen Bradley system that has its own software, or something like these- http://www.automation.siemens.com/mc...s/default.aspx that can have loaded on it all kinds of operating systems. The IC I have used controls VD's and VFD's which operate motors from 1.5 HP 480 volts 3 phase, to over 30 HP 480 phase. These system in no way can EVER lock up while moving a 2000 pound piece of scenery at a meter a second.

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Hey all.

About this radio debate

All I am really trying to say here IMHO it is silly for anyone to compare the technology of a cell phone to what is an a RC radio. If I was a guessing type of guy, I would say that any radio manufacture that uses a windows based platform has only the settings run by the software and not the actual functions of the radio its self. So if by a weird chance there was a glitch it could never affect the plane. It is worlds apart when thinking of how they even operate (cell/RC radio). I know that there are those that are in love with their radio's. And many have solid reasons for doing so, but I also know that there are those that are sheep and just follow because the other guy did or the other manufacture spends more $$$ on advertising. I see pals that have $2,000.00 radios and use very few mixes, and 6 channels. What I love about Jeti is I have all kinds of pals that have huge complex channel challenges, needs Telemetry, and has crazy mixes and will put 60-80% size planes on the line. But...... Jeti has only one distributor in the US and I have no idea (until I investigate this more) if their radio will be the one for me. I have no idea how long it will take to get anything supported if I have any problems. I think (and hope) we are all here to see that many aspects of this build is a learn adventure.....

If I had to guess what I will do, us what I have as I am broke on the B36 budget, if I sell a few more projects for work, Futaba, if Jeti gets their FCC 100% and I see that they have rock solid support in the US, then it just might be Jeti.

We shall see.........

Rock ON!!!!!!

DAG
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:58 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Jack,
We all know your 100% JR and nothing else will live up to it.

I work in controls in the entertainment industry where we move loads from 1000 pounds, to as much as 90,000 pounds over peoples heads. I do this for a living with controls at the PLC level so just about any software used is 100% sold. Most all software used that has lock-ups or times when you need to re-boot is due to other programs that are not 100% tested to live in the base software. Cell phones, PC, just about any software that has the ability to run other software can and will lock-up. But PLC based system, or closed systems like RC Radios, systems that are closed will have a 99.9% chance of never locking up. Just about any system that has only windows loaded on it and has this system on a non-volatile system will not lock-up. I do this with siemens controls that are PLC based all the time with windows based systems and in 10 years have never had 1 lock-up.

So if you have done this for 20 years you should know the difference between a cell phone that can have loaded on it 100 of programs, and a RC radio that has a closed system. As far as I know ( and I may be wrong) you can't load Face Book on any of our radios, but i do have it on my phone.

Cheers

DAG, and Rock On from NJ..... Thus the reason for so few post....
I am not 100% JR first of all but I am very pro Spektrum (they are not synonymous, however). As for the rest, I was a lighting designer for a living long before I worked in IT and despite those systems being specially designed and proprietary, we still had occasional issues where systems had to be hard booted or just locked up, a backup on the road is mandatory. Though you joke about Facebook on our radios, careful what you mock, there very well be someone out there considering how to integrate it with your radio, as silly and utterly stupid as you and I probably view that idea ;-p

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter