HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:39 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
Considering that I've been working on a NexStar ARF conversion (sticking in a brfushless motor to replace the original IC setup) for three months plus, I'm not going to be the first to point a finger at you and go "nyah! nyah! nyah!" Just going to wait for the next great itdea or picture series to come along.

It's summer, time to fly and not to build......
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
Let's see..I bought my Turbine in '09...just, am getting the framing wood done for the mechanics. Am I behind schedule? or are you ahead...?
Oh wait!! this IS a HOBBY!!!! there is no schedule.. just have fun!! "better to take your time and do it right.. than to hurry, just to start over"???
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Last edited by coptercptn; Jun 04, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
609 Posts
Quote:
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
I say the size and length of time that this thread is, proves beyond question, that there is ALOT of patient people following it. Thank you for sharing with us.

Keep on rockin on Dag
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:11 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,617 Posts
I've never visited this forum before, and I just discovered this amazing thread.

My Lord, what a project. You're a better man than I, Dag. I really hope you get the mighty Peacemaker into the air some day.

I went up to the Castle AFB museum a couple of years ago and got this shot of a B-36 and a mockup of the insane 8-megaton, 40,000-pound Mark 16 nuke, which only it could carry:
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
I've never visited this forum before, and I just discovered this amazing thread.

My Lord, what a project. You're a better man than I, Dag. I really hope you get the mighty Peacemaker into the air some day.

I went up to the Castle AFB museum a couple of years ago and got this shot of a B-36 and a mockup of the insane 8-megaton, 40,000-pound Mark 16 nuke, which only it could carry:
Thanks!!!!!

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:10 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Thanks all for the great comments, and I know this is only a hobby, but I REALLY want to get this baby in the air...........

There a guy with a VERY cool DC6 that is going to be flying very soon. I thought I would have beat him by a year..... Oh well.......

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:56 AM
Scratch Builder
Braunschweig, Germany
Joined Sep 2006
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Thanks all for the great comments, and I know this is only a hobby, but I REALLY want to get this baby in the air...........

There a guy with a VERY cool DC6 that is going to be flying very soon. I thought I would have beat him by a year..... Oh well.......

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAG
No, the guy with the DC-6 won't fly very soon :-)

Hopefully this year. But not very soon.

The race I still open

Rock on!!!

Cheers Alexander
AlexanderB is offline Find More Posts by AlexanderB
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:16 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderB View Post
The race is still open .....Cheers Alexander
But given the unquestionable expertise of the two runners, winning the race will never take precedence over safety and good engineering practice.

It is a pleasure to be even remotely (virtually?) associated with you chaps!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
As Chuck Yaeger said: there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots.......

The Mennonites have a phrase: The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get.

Make haste, slowly.....
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:38 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,119 Posts
I started checking the DC-6 thread, AlexanderB;s thread. Wow, now if anyone wants to see two great engineers, Dag and Alexander. Two great minds, in my opinion. I am sure there are many others, but I went to that thread since I saw Dag post something there. I started reading, oh my!!!!

So while Dag is away, making money to support his wonderful family, pay for the toys that the family has and to put some bucks away for the B-36, we can check in on AlexanderB's thread. Both are very interesting reads, I can't build worth a darn, but I do admire those who are so successful.

Have fun,
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:31 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I can't build worth a darn, but I do admire those who are so successful....
I'm glad I'm not the only one who'll admit to being a duffer when it comes to building! It all seems to work well in my mind, but when I attempt to turn the mental process into three dimensional matter it all goes pear shaped

I build by proxy via threads like this these days!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Aug 2008
540 Posts
Colonel Blink, I couldn't have said it better for myself than what you said. In my mind all of the projects are great....in practice....not so much.

That is why I enjoy threads like this one.

al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
When do you think you will get this covered?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
I note that even at some of the masters competitions (notably TopGun) that there are people who build, people who just fly (thus they have a team there) and those that do both (dag does both) because they are better at one thing than another.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who'll admit to being a duffer when it comes to building! It all seems to work well in my mind, but when I attempt to turn the mental process into three dimensional matter it all goes pear shaped

I build by proxy via threads like this these days!
x2

Building vicariously
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness