SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,154 Posts
As to the ICE logging....if you have the sampling rate too high, it "may" cause "knocking" sounds in the motor. What is happening, is the the processor in the ESC is becoming overloaded trying to not only run the motor, but also do the logging, so, it will literally "stop" the motor momentarily (a very small fraction of a second), but this is the "knocking" sound that is heard.
You may or may not hear this, but if you do, turn the sampling rate down on the ESC. This is a known issue with using the logging in the ICE ESCs....
I just thought you might like to know this if you happen to run into it while testing, or eventually flying.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Nope,

The only CC I owner up until a few weeks ago was my ICE HV 160 on the Emmaselle. The CC 80 ESC was something I got to see if it worked as good as my 160 since its starts so smooth.

Electrics are cool as last night I set up one of my switches on my radio to set my throttle at 5%. That way when I flip the switch the motor is a idle. So when I go to fly it will look more real and not have the props stop every time I run my stick all the way down.

DAG
Yes they are!! A Lot of guys that fly 3D use this same method so that they prop never stops on very slow maneuvers... Just be very careful that you always turn that switch off after a flight, and also make sure it doesn't get bumped before a flight. We wouldn't want you to get wacked by a prop spinning up when you plug a pack in (though it "shouldn't" happen due to the fail-safe settings, as the ESC "shouldn't" arm")
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
Bigiron
Wichita KS
Joined Oct 2010
88 Posts
On a model where there no concern of getting ?Electric power and hydraulic pressure up, It should make little difference in which order one starts the engines(motors). On the real thing the sequence was 4,3,2,5,6,1. Then taxi out and at runup pad at the runway end , start jets 1,2,3,4.
Engines 3 & 4 had hydraulic and electric pressure and electric generators (altornators actually) engines 2 & 5 Had Electric and hydraulic while 1 and 6 only had Altornators--- no hydraulic pumps.
That is the sequence I remember on the "D" models.

Bigiron
Bigiron is offline Find More Posts by Bigiron
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Electrics are cool as last night I set up one of my switches on my radio to set my throttle at 5%. That way when I flip the switch the motor is a idle. So when I go to fly it will look more real and not have the props stop every time I run my stick all the way down.
That's also handy for electrics with sound systems. I did the same (a switch on to have the motor still running at idle speed with the stick all the way down) on my DVII because it was pretty fake coming in for a landing and going to zero throttle and have the motor sound shout off, then restart again when I brought the throttle back up
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:01 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Ok,

So I am ADHD, and dyslectic.

I have the Mossi 100% designed, the C130 about 80%+, the T-28 about 80-90%, and the A7 about 50%. And yes the 68% Pitts S-1 is about 85%. I have gotten a ton done this week on the B36. Most that new landing gear parts are figured out to beef up the lateral loads, the wing had a huge set back as I re-did the air-intakes on my left wing, right wing is good to go. The testing of the new Castle ESC is done and I just need to cook the video and get it posted.

But here is just something to think about. When I was learning CAD I messed with P-47 design and was just playing around. A buddy kind of ran with it for a bit then abandoned it. While traveling I played with the dimension in compufoil and ran some basic math on how big it could be with an A200 and be under 75 pounds. Crazy thing is it would be about 6" bigger in span than the Emmaselle. So it would be about 73 poundsish... 198" span, and a power loading of about 133 watts a pound.

Just food for thought.......

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:08 PM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
343 Posts

DAG[/QUOTE]

So many planes, so little time.
ulpilotrmh is offline Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jan 2003
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulpilotrmh View Post

DAG
So many planes, so little time.[/QUOTE]
YUP after following Dag's build here.
~The B-36 is another one that has been added to the WOW would that be cool; ~It's making it's way into the I'd like to do one.
~As of yet it hasn't quite made it into the I'm going to do one for sure some day.

Rick
RiBell is online now Find More Posts by RiBell
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
396 Posts
That To-Do list is getting long, hopefully you don't mash them together in your mind into one gigantic hybrid.
Ducky22 is offline Find More Posts by Ducky22
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky22 View Post
That To-Do list is getting long, hopefully you don't mash them together in your mind into one gigantic hybrid.
LOL,

I learned a long time ago not to be building more than 1 project at a time.... Or none will get done. It would be crazy to see what a MOSSIB36.P47/C130-A7/T28.PS-1 would look like.

LOL.... Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Nov 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
When I was learning CAD I messed with P-47 design and was just playing around. ..........Crazy thing is it would be about 6" bigger in span than the Emmaselle. So it would be about 73 poundsish... 198" span, and a power loading of about 133 watts a pound.

DAG

...and the crowd starts chanting "JUG, JUG, JUG...."
j32driver is offline Find More Posts by j32driver
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:39 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, Pindamonhangaba
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Wagner Emanuel is offline Find More Posts by Wagner Emanuel
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Dag if you want some pics of a pits, the place where they build them is withing 100 miles of me (a hop skip and a jump in rural Idaho/Wyoming), and I can get some next time we go that way.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:22 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,154 Posts
Looking good Dag.... I know you were a bit frustrated with the inlets, so, good to see some progress...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jan 2003
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Well.......

I think I finally got her close...... I hate doing things twice, but three times would kill any other guy.....

Looks like we are moving again.....

DAG
Thought there were six inlets
RiBell is online now Find More Posts by RiBell