Old May 24, 2010, 07:07 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilian Amaral View Post
Uh-oh!!! Sorry Dag!

My bad!!! Certainly I know the obvious difference between such and suck.. but please guys, read SUCH instead!!! lol

I still need to improve my english and typing skills!!! ( If God - and my bank acocunt) helps, next year I'll make another exchange program to US. At my first time I met some great guys and for sure I wanna do it again and meet some new fellows!

Ps.: Mispelling ans S@#$%it happens all the time!!! I don't use any text edditors, so...
Are you kidding I do suck.... at being a hoaxster

You rock, and I know just what you meant buddy, you have been here since the beginning and you really do rock my friend.

Thanks, Damon
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
626 Posts
So what are you planning on doing with all that room?
L.
Cherokee Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old May 24, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined May 2004
1,454 Posts
You ROCK Dag !
Seeing your shop looking so good, you inspired me, I had the day off and cleaned up my shop!
I can ACTUALLY see the my workbench top now and also can see the floor again too!
Found everything that has been lost for the last 6 months! LOL!
Well my next two projects are nowhere as big as yours ( unless you want to count the 1941 Monocoupe in! LOL!
My full scale Ercoupe is almost done also.
Time to fly it down yonder soon!

I am trying to finish up a Sig Rascal and then my Hangar 9 1/4 scale Taylorcraft.

PS- I am always hearing from friends who think I am financially wealthy because I have a full scale airplane. What I have is a flying MONEY HOLE!! LOL!
Anyone care to donate? lol!

Ed
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old May 24, 2010, 10:05 PM
Australia, SA, Berri
Joined Jul 2007
8,535 Posts
So, any progress on the Aircraft? All this backslapping" is getting a bit much.
Zootster is offline Find More Posts by Zootster
Old May 24, 2010, 11:01 PM
Joined Dec 2005
66 Posts
Nice clean workspace, very appropriate in moving from construction to finishing phases. Can't wait for more updates!
CGordon is offline Find More Posts by CGordon
Old May 24, 2010, 11:53 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilian Amaral View Post
Uh-oh!!! Sorry Dag!

My bad!!! Certainly I know the obvious difference between such and suck.. but please guys, read SUCH instead!!! lol

I still need to improve my english and typing skills!!! ( If God - and my bank acocunt) helps, next year I'll make another exchange program to US. At my first time I met some great guys and for sure I wanna do it again and meet some new fellows!

Ps.: Mispelling ans S@#$%it happens all the time!!! I don't use any text edditors, so...
Spell and grammer checkers don't always catch typos. Witness the difference between "will now" and "will not". Only one letter diffeence and both are correctly spelled words but with opposite meaning. I have been bit by this one.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old May 25, 2010, 01:43 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Great to see the B36 again Dag. You rock.
matthew73 is offline Find More Posts by matthew73
Old May 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
So, any progress on the Aircraft? All this backslapping" is getting a bit much.

LOL It seems to happen a lot around here doesn't it? It seems like I'm always skipping through 15 posts of butt kissing before there's any material.

That's right, I said it.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old May 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
Semi-world famous!
USA, TX, GRAND PRAIRIE
Joined Oct 2003
1,014 Posts
I can tell you form expierence, any project of any real size that is a scratch build takes lots of time. Given that he has designed this from his own mind.... Well its very impressive to say the least. I am just blowing up a simple design, and it takes a lot of thought to make sure the wood is of a size that is not too heavy or too light,so it does not fail in flight.

When the build slows down, sit back have a nice beverage and shut the hell up! I am sure no one wants it done more than Damon!!

I am not kissing A$$.... just stating facts.
Click the Pirate is offline Find More Posts by Click the Pirate
Old May 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click the Pirate View Post
I can tell you form expierence, any project of any real size that is a scratch build takes lots of time. Given that he has designed this from his own mind.... Well its very impressive to say the least. I am just blowing up a simple design, and it takes a lot of thought to make sure the wood is of a size that is not too heavy or too light,so it does not fail in flight.

When the build slows down, sit back have a nice beverage and shut the hell up! I am sure no one wants it done more than Damon!!

I am not kissing A$$.... just stating facts.
Thanks Buddy:

One thing many forget, it might take 3 times before getting it right, and if you do something wrong that causes you to have to go back and build a 3rd wing is time consuming, so not rushing, and doing it right is of the highest priority. With all that being said, it is summer, and as I stated my company is slammed. So yard work, my girls acting, my sons summer activities all take time, my wife works about 10 hours a week for me, and then she does her best to get the kids were they need to be, as well as all the house stuff.

I will post pics over the next week of the ESC's going in, as well as the motor cowlings, and motors.

If you have not read the entire thread, I love to fly much more than I love to build, there is not anyone here that wants to see this fly more than me. This may end up being my biggest failure, but what the heck, it is my life, and my money, and besides, if she does fly, think of the cool things I have learned.

Dag
Old May 25, 2010, 01:27 PM
Joined May 2004
1,454 Posts
Hang in there Dag!
It will happen!

Ed
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old May 25, 2010, 04:28 PM
Wichita, Ks.
Joined Feb 2004
224 Posts
I just found this thread this morning and all I can say is WOW!

I wish I had 1% of your talent and patience! I will be checking this everyday from now and and can't wait to see it fly.

You mentioned early on in the post that the plans would be free for those with CAD and hinted at the possibility of printed plans. Is this still possible? I would love to have a set scaled down to about 100".

The reason I say 100" is because that is about as big as I could hope to store and haul behind my coach.
n001pa is offline Find More Posts by n001pa
Old May 25, 2010, 06:15 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,032 Posts
got rid of your avalanche?

Needed a bit more muscle to tow around that airplane trailer?
umdpru is offline Find More Posts by umdpru
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2010, 06:42 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n001pa View Post
I just found this thread this morning and all I can say is WOW!

I wish I had 1% of your talent and patience! I will be checking this everyday from now and and can't wait to see it fly.

You mentioned early on in the post that the plans would be free for those with CAD and hinted at the possibility of printed plans. Is this still possible? I would love to have a set scaled down to about 100".

The reason I say 100" is because that is about as big as I could hope to store and haul behind my coach.
Let me play with a copy of the drawings, and see what ratio I can scale them by so I can get all sets scaled down to the same scale, that way all sets would be for a 100". Give me some time to play and I will see what I can come up with.

Thanks, Dag
Old May 26, 2010, 06:42 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
got rid of your avalanche?

Needed a bit more muscle to tow around that airplane trailer?
Nope, why????

Dag

Rock On!