HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2009, 02:50 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
OK,
Any JR 9303 experts out there?

I have taken my Aux 2 and made it a second channel for flaps. I went into my Mix1 and I made flaps (master), and Aux 2 (slave). My question is, can I take and disable the switch that controls Aux 2. I want the Aux 2 to only be controlled by my Flap switch.

Thanks, DAG
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 03:10 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
I thought about just putting the foil on the wood, but it dents to easy. I need a hard surface under the foil. I may ditch the foil idea if my weight is out of control. But if I make my own FG panels and they are light enough, I may then cover the plane in the AL-foil.

Thanks Angelo.
DAG
How about birch ply? Not cheap, but hard, and will weigh less than balsa and fiberglass.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old May 01, 2009, 03:50 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,154 Posts
Hi Dag...

Yes...

As found on page A9 of the manual...

SWITCH ASSIGNMENTS

FLAP TRIM ON/OFF

Page A-9

The X9303 2.4 provides the ability to change the standard default switch assignments for GEAR, FLAP, AUX2, AUX3, and AUX4. The standard switch assignments may be changed in the Devic.SEL function contained in the SYSTEM
Menu.

To change one or more switch assignments:

1. From within the Devic.SEL function, use the Selector to highlight and select GEAR, FLAP, AUX2, AUX3, or AUX4 along the top line of the display.

2. Once a switch is selected, a list of available replacement switches is displayed. Highlight and select the desired switch with the Selector.

3. Repeat for as many switches as desired.

If you don't have the manual, it is available online here

If it had been anybody else but you, I would have made a semi-sarcastic comment about reading the manual...but I won't since its you my friend....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; May 01, 2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 01, 2009, 03:55 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep
Yes... as found on page A9 of the manual...

SWITCH ASSIGNMENTS

FLAP TRIM ON/OFF

Page A-9

The X9303 2.4 provides the ability to change the standard default switch assignments for GEAR, FLAP, AUX2, AUX3, and AUX4. The standard switch assignments may be changed in the Devic.SEL function contained in the SYSTEM
Menu.

To change one or more switch assignments:

1. From within the Devic.SEL function, use the Selector to highlight and select GEAR, FLAP, AUX2, AUX3, or AUX4 along the top line of the display.

2. Once a switch is selected, a list of available replacement switches is displayed. Highlight and select the desired switch with the Selector.

3. Repeat for as many switches as desired.

This comes under the heading of RTFM (read the freaking manual)...

SteveT
Thanks Steve, This is the way I see it, I spent 45 minutes in the mixing part of the manual and thought, why the hell am I wasting time that I could be investing in my H-stab when I could just ask my buddies at RCG ?

DAG
Old May 01, 2009, 04:55 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,154 Posts
Hi Dag.....

Thats true..... And...I actually had gone back and revised my post, but forgot to hit the save changes button....sorry my friend...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 01, 2009, 05:38 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep
Hi Dag.....

Thats true..... And...I actually had gone back and revised my post, but forgot to hit the save changes button....sorry my friend...

SteveT
It worked!!!

Thanks Buddy.

I actually starting to get to know my new JR 9303, It rocks.

And know for a hell raising statement. This JR radio is much cooler than my Fut_ _ _ radio. What a cool radio. So simple to navigate.

DAG
Old May 01, 2009, 06:55 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
854 Posts
I have had one for a couple of years, super radio!! Also have DX-7 and wished it had same program; other wise it is good radio too.

Thought I would get the JR licks in early!!!!

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old May 01, 2009, 07:01 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,154 Posts
Hi Dag...

I know this will stir up a lot of things, but years ago, I worked in a hobby shop, and at that time Futaba was MRCs "cheap import" radio. We got about 1/3 of them back with problems, so I never bought one...until the mid 80's when I was flying rc helis using a single stick radio. JR quit making theirs, and I wanted a new radio. I bought a new Futaba single stick, and I got a bad reveiver from the factory, and almost destroyed a brand new GMP "Legend" heli. I sent the radio back and they sent me a new receiver. I installed the radio, and all seemed fine. I hovered the heli around relatively close in and again all fine. I then peeled out and got about 100' out and 100' feet up when the heli went nuts, and crashed. I gave the radio to a friend, and have never used a Futaba product since then. JR radios are all I have used since...(oh...and I also learned how to fly helis with a twin stick radio... )

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; May 01, 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old May 01, 2009, 07:05 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
WOW!! Fantastic build!
DAG, I was impressed by your inventory of balsa that has been used on your B-36D, hopefully you left some for the rest of us jk
I look forward to video of a very succesful maiden!
Dave.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old May 02, 2009, 07:27 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Thanks all for the great comments. And I am trying to answer everyones questions, however if you asked something and I never responded just ask again. I get behind on some of the post then forget about it. There is a bunch of info on here.

I have encounter another big challenge. When I weigh a square foot of 1/64 ply, it is heavier than 1/32 balsa with .75 glass cloth.

G-10 type skin-.0116 ounces per square inch on my 12,424 square inches of wing (top and bottom)=144.118 ounces-9.007 pounds

1/64 ply-.0105 ounces per square inch on my 12,424=130.452 ounces-8.153

1/32 balsa with .75 glass cloth-.0078 ounces per square inch on my 12,424=96.907 ounces-6.057 pounds.

To use the aluminum foil I have to have a wing skin prepared and ready at 5.5 pounds.

Now I have in the past taken .75 ounce cloth, and 2.3 ounce cloth and made skins myself, they weighed .0065 ounces a square inch. That would be 80.756 ounces-5.047.

Boy this plane can be a never ending list of challenges.

Thanks, DAG
Old May 02, 2009, 09:32 AM
"NAVY CHIEFS"
NAF Atsugi, Japan
Joined Jul 2005
628 Posts
If you go over the 100lbs what do you have to do? Here in Japan I have seen R/C planes not as big as yours but over 100lbs! If your over 100 does the AMA say you can not fly it? What would it be classified if over 100??

Just asking because I don't know.

Thanks
Mike
rc_man1 is offline Find More Posts by rc_man1
Old May 02, 2009, 12:06 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_man1
If you go over the 100lbs what do you have to do? Here in Japan I have seen R/C planes not as big as yours but over 100lbs! If your over 100 does the AMA say you can not fly it? What would it be classified if over 100??

Just asking because I don't know.

Thanks
Mike
If I go over 100 pounds I am SOL. I know there is a bunch of planes over 55 pounds that guys just say are 55 pounds. And I know of a couple of planes that are over 100. But I am going to play by the book. If she is over 100, I can go down a size in batteries and save some weight. But if all that fails I can build a new wing lighter. I see now where I could have built the wing about 4-8 pounds lighter.

I still think I am ok.

Thanks, DAG
Old May 02, 2009, 12:18 PM
Dragon
Vancouver B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2004
216 Posts
Dag,
There is a paint that gives a good silver finish that might be an option for you. It's Behr LuminosO no.743 silver.

Cheers Rob.
mech9 is offline Find More Posts by mech9
Old May 02, 2009, 01:37 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jan 2009
44 Posts
G'day Dag, did you have a think about using stainless steel shim material I referred to for your leading edge? I am away in England on assignment at the moment so do not have access to my library to give you a weight. Need to get back to Australia, following your build saga does give me something to look forward to when I get back to my hotel room at night, hope everything keeps going well for you and you achieve your target weight, if not it wont be for lack of trying.

Regards, Barney.
barneybdb is offline Find More Posts by barneybdb
Old May 02, 2009, 04:28 PM
Joined Feb 2009
108 Posts
Dag, forgive the intrusion but I just thought of another option. On the video Isaw them use the glass cloth with water base polyurethane, they filled in the weave if the glass and sanded it smooth then all they did was layout panels one by one and spray paint them where a panel line was they simply overlaped the panel and then painted the adjacent panel the result was panel lines caused by the slight overlap. Also because they were done seperatly, the silver has a slightly different shade to it, just like it was a different batch of sheet aluminum. Again just an idea I felt was worth passing on. navee8or
navee8or is offline Find More Posts by navee8or