HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Punkie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 02:48 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Discussion
Yorkshire continued, Scarborough.

Just south of Robin hoods bay is the seaside town of Scarborough, unlike a lot of the seaside towns in England, itís not all chips and amusement arcades. It has got a harbour with some nice boats, a Castle. The Grave of Anne Bronte, a couple of the "Little ships" that took part in the evacuation at Dunkirk.
I arrived early in the morning and had breakfast in a little cafe on a pier overlooking the harbour and listened to the locals gossiping.
Walking along the front I was able to buy fresh seafood, look at the boats and if I had been a few pounds lighter gone for a donkey ride.
Climbing up through the town heading towards the castle I came across the birthplace of Sir George Cayley, one of the more important pioneers of flight, when I was at school, I made a flying model of one of his gliders.
Nearby the walls of the castle is the Church of St Marys, Where I found the grave of Anne Bronte the youngest of the Bronte sisters.
At the end of a pleasant day I went for an evening cruise on the MV Regal Lady a veteran of the Dunkirk evacuation. Its a shame the pleasant trip was to the sound of a bloody awful singer in the salon, if you know the Goons, he sounded like Spike Milligans character Jim Spriggs.
I didn't go to Scarborough fair
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2008, 04:08 PM
can you land on that ?
Scottish Highlands
Joined Jan 2005
3,314 Posts
Is the manned model warfare act still on at Peaseholm Park in Scarborough ?
arrow5 is offline Find More Posts by arrow5
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Blow it, I forgot about that otherwise I would have looked. I have a few days off work due I might just do a trip up there to take a look whilst I look at other things Yorkshire.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie