HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2009, 02:56 PM
Nelson, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
152 Posts
In was hoping to plug in separate servos. What i've done is swapped the Y lead to the flaps and changed the side of the servo arm . they move but I am going to have to shift the control horn. The push rod is on awkward angle at the moment. Thanks for your help anyway.
RC_Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kiwi
Last edited by RC_Kiwi; Apr 08, 2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2009, 12:00 PM
Rejected User
Joined Dec 2003
6,579 Posts
You'll probably have to put a 30* bend in the last inch of teh push rod so that it doesnt bind and hit the servo hatch cover. This shoudl all be covered in your manuel, if not, download the big one's manuel.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:31 PM
Nelson, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
152 Posts
Is that on the servo side or the control horn side? Thanks

KIWI
RC_Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kiwi
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:37 PM
Rejected User
Joined Dec 2003
6,579 Posts
Nearest the servo arm.

If you can post a pic or two I can help you much better.
Old Apr 01, 2010, 04:06 PM
the one and only
san dieago
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
for my rv-4, i have a y for alerons, and a reversible y for flats, the y for flaps are like $10, but with a flip of a switch, they go down the same way, and have a screw you turn for fine tuning
miramarrcf is offline Find More Posts by miramarrcf
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:46 AM
Rejected User
Joined Dec 2003
6,579 Posts
Had a couple PMs about this old bird so I found the thread. Bump to the top for the guys.

I sure miss this plane. The 91 was perfect power for scale flying but always kept me wanting more. The lights were disappointing. Strobes burnt out after just a few times flying with them and the rest of the lights weren't bright enough to see well enough unless it was pitch black out but then without a landing light orientation was hard and you can't see the runway. I did add landing lights just before I sold it. Never got to try them out.

I'm sure with LEDs nowa days it would be an easier mod and with better results but I wouldn't recommend it on a plane this size unless you have a lit runway or a friend with a spot light to lead the plane a bit.

I would really like to have another with a 20cc or 1.20 4 stroke