SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by steve wenban, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:48 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,188 Posts
Discussion
A trip to NZ

Just returned from a trip to Ashhurst NZ the slope sites are huge but have very poor landing areas and are mostly suited to foam . The undulating foot hills are the main problem , and the steepness of the slope just make the turbulance worse . However at certain points of wind direction the lift is big and smooth ,and even in the worst direction once away from the slope the lift is good and smooth ,just gives you a hard time on landing. I flew the bird a few times and used sheer speed to pass through the turbulance on landing ,but damage risk is very high. I managed to get away with it a few times and then called it quits . Went back to the mates place and put an EPP wing together he had stuffed away inthe corner of the shed . Turned out to be a very nice flyer and even got into some slow DS'ing with it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931515
. I'm sure Dave will test it to its limits on his year long trip around both north and south Islands (keep your eyes open for the Fly NZ DVD) .
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
to remove ads between posts