Bump......

Some good info in here.
sv1000s is offline Find More Posts by sv1000s
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:23 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
The best mod I did was replacing the stock swash to the msr swash plate. Did this a couple months ago. Complete drop in (although I was a bit confused about the placement of the links on the swash). There are a set of long ball links and a short set. Use the long set I can now fly it in the back yard and large halls with great authority, whereas before it was a complete fight. I was restricted to the house only. For just under $10.00, this is a must do mod. If you crash, always check the anti-rotational pin. Sometimes it jumps out of the fork.

BTW, I have to click on the "low rate mode" while flying in the house. It is that responsive !!

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:44 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Spokane
Joined Jan 2009
564 Posts
I too did the MSR swash mod and shortened my flybar. Everyone says it doesn't work beacause the anti-rotation bracket pin pops out in more aggressive flight. They say you have to drill the outer shaft and drop the lower rotor head, or extend the inner shaft.

Mine would pop out sometimes....but instead of over thinking things I simply CA'd a little piece of plastic to extend the anti-rotation bracket. Works flawlessly!

I would use low rate mode in the house if it wasn't for the crappy rudder response and slow piro rates.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:59 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1000s View Post
I too did the MSR swash mod and shortened my flybar. Everyone says it doesn't work beacause the anti-rotation bracket pin pops out in more aggressive flight. They say you have to drill the outer shaft and drop the lower rotor head, or extend the inner shaft.

Mine would pop out sometimes....but instead of over thinking things I simply CA'd a little piece of plastic to extend the anti-rotation bracket. Works flawlessly!

I would use low rate mode in the house if it wasn't for the crappy rudder response and slow piro rates.
My thought exactly. I was thinking round toothpicks and taking a black magic marker to them

I have found the piros to be a little slow in either mode with the msr swash but, love the authority in FFF

Mike.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:11 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Spokane
Joined Jan 2009
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
My thought exactly. I was thinking round toothpicks and taking a black magic marker to them

I have found the piros to be a little slow in either mode with the msr swash but, love the authority in FFF

Mike.
I used a small piece of black zip-tie cut in half lengthwise.

Gotta love simplicity!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:17 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
^^^^

Thanks,

Mike.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
Hi Folks,

today I completed a video to this little micro 4 ch., despite it was my first serious 4 Ch, I still enjoy on the raining days flying everywhere indoor.

here it is my little contribute to this nice micro companion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCQf8rZjVsU

let me know your comments

best regards from Holland

Fabio
Fabio1970 is offline Find More Posts by Fabio1970
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,740 Posts
Really nice heli, and great video.
Foamaholic is online now Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old May 03, 2011, 05:54 PM
flys run off micro 2 strokes..
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2011
35 Posts
just read the whole thread. wow. long!!!.

this isnt really a mod, but a repair. when i first flew my mcx, i crashed it in the grass and somehow managed to rip the upper part of the canopy right near the aileron servo. i know it will fly fine with the crack in it, but..... you know.

so i taped it on the outside, so that the cracked part was all meshed nicely, then smeared a bead of CA glue on the inside and let it cure, then put a small bit of scotch tape over it, and removed the tape on the outside. it seemed to fix it well. very flexible surprisingly. now the canopy is (almost) back to its former glory.
MCRIPPPer is offline Find More Posts by MCRIPPPer
Old May 04, 2011, 10:34 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRIPPPer View Post
just read the whole thread. wow. long!!!.

this isnt really a mod, but a repair. when i first flew my mcx, i crashed it in the grass and somehow managed to rip the upper part of the canopy right near the aileron servo. i know it will fly fine with the crack in it, but..... you know.

so i taped it on the outside, so that the cracked part was all meshed nicely, then smeared a bead of CA glue on the inside and let it cure, then put a small bit of scotch tape over it, and removed the tape on the outside. it seemed to fix it well. very flexible surprisingly. now the canopy is (almost) back to its former glory.
Nice job When I need to do a similar repair, I do a modeler's cast. Simply soak the cracked/broken area with CA then put a small piece of tissue (napkin) over the area and make sure that is soaked as well (not too much) and use a tooth pick to roll the air out and make it smooth. Wait for it to cure. I repaired my cover for my jewelers screw drivers in the same manner after the case hit the floor and smashed into 3 pieces (including the thumb latch) . It is stronger than ever now

BTW, Welcome..

Mike.
Old May 04, 2011, 06:50 PM
flys run off micro 2 strokes..
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2011
35 Posts
thanks. i was thinking of using tissue paper or something, but it seems to work good without it. if it breaks i will use tissue on it.

i saw someone do a tricycle landing gear, looked cool. i found a little matchbox car with the perfect wheels, i need to figure out a way to make light weight struts for it (.025 MW is too heavy i think. ) any ideas anyone?
MCRIPPPer is offline Find More Posts by MCRIPPPer
Old May 05, 2011, 10:24 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRIPPPer View Post
thanks. i was thinking of using tissue paper or something, but it seems to work good without it. if it breaks i will use tissue on it.

i saw someone do a tricycle landing gear, looked cool. i found a little matchbox car with the perfect wheels, i need to figure out a way to make light weight struts for it (.025 MW is too heavy i think. ) any ideas anyone?
Maybe a regular or heavy duty paper clip..

Mike.