HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2009, 09:30 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,054 Posts
Still trying to figure out what to do with the apparently overweight Huey body. I was thinking a Walkera 4#3b might be a better fit , from what i see it seems to have more power. But I doubt it's as easy to fly as the mCX. Maybe stronger motors?

In the mean time, I got a white mCX body and slapped some of the prototype Huey decals on it. Not as nice as the Huey, but at least it looks a little different if i go to the golf dome.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2009, 09:59 AM
Noob
Irving Tx
Joined Feb 2009
20 Posts
Well, another NOOB here. Should be picking up my MCX up tonight from the local hobby store. Cant wait to fly it. Funny, 4 months ago i wouldnt have had any interest in RC anything....then on christmas picked up 2 AirHog Havocs, and now find myself playing with them everynight for about an hour or so, and have since picked up the 3 channel AirHog, witch is a royal pain in the butt to control. Last week i found myself at the local hobby shop to see what they had, and spied the MCX, CX2 and the CX3. Really want the CX2 but figure it would probably be in my best interest to start with the MCX for now, instead of dropping 179 bucks for somthing that i will wreck and will need parts for.....

At any rate Great site, been reading up now for a week. And this site is what helped me decide on the MCX as opposed to other brands....
HDSlopoke is offline Find More Posts by HDSlopoke
Old Feb 06, 2009, 07:00 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,735 Posts
MCX is a good choice. It is so light that it is harder to break, and better for indoors.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:27 PM
Joined Mar 2008
149 Posts
AVOID RPC Electronics new USB Charger!!!!!!

I placed an order with them a month ago. For their new Blade MCX USB charger. No product sent. No response to emails.

AVOID THEM IMHO.
moab is offline Find More Posts by moab
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:28 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,735 Posts
Got mine in just a few days. Works great.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
Ordered my USB charger on Tuesday, it was in my hands on Friday and it works great. My phone charger works great with its mini USB jack. Great product, great service.
rcsailn is offline Find More Posts by rcsailn
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:58 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamaholic
MCX is a good choice. It is so light that it is harder to break, and better for indoors.
Agree. mCX is MUCH more suitable for indoor flying.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:25 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,054 Posts
More powerful motors?

Has anyone looked into motor upgrades for the mCX? I tried my Huey body on it again today, and it's just too heavy. I would settle for less duration if I could get it to fly well with this body.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:01 AM
Long Island NY
Joined Feb 2009
134 Posts
MCX MIA mods

Hi all
Sharing pics of my MCX, modded with MIA hardware(2nd generation) Thank you mario for your customer support!

Two turns on the link and it spins like the demon, , rock solid hiver, and fast FF.
VA174 is offline Find More Posts by VA174
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:44 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined May 2002
22 Posts
Usb Charger

If You Read Some Of His Posts, He States That There Has Been A Rush On Orders And A Slow Down From Suppliers , If You Pre-paid Im Sure You Can Get Your Money Back.
I Love Mine And It Works Great, No More Throwing Away Disposable Batterys For The Stock Charger.

:d :d
TOMYKA is offline Find More Posts by TOMYKA
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:45 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the glow in the dark blades causing problematic fights? I bought a set of glow blade and it appears the upper rotors have a slightly larger linkage ball on them. It causes the pivot to be too tight and doesnt allow the flybar to pivot freely, making the heli hover in a circle. Im sure i can be fixed with a little sanding but just curious if anyone else has had this happen.
stargazer7467 is offline Find More Posts by stargazer7467
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:32 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined May 2002
22 Posts
glow blades

i got a complete set of all the glow parts , but after having read here that those parts are not as robust as stock i am waiting untill im a bit better at flying it, but i will watch for that when i do put them to use.
thanks for the heads up.
tomyka
TOMYKA is offline Find More Posts by TOMYKA
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:03 PM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2009
66 Posts
I used the glow blades and yes, they are less durable than the stock ones.

They don't break on impact though, just slight chips.
jtchoy is offline Find More Posts by jtchoy
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:26 PM
Both feet all the way
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Joined Feb 2009
209 Posts
I have the glow blades, tail and skid. The skid is very brittle. Any hard landing tends to crack the struts. I have had to glue 3 with CA but it still looks ok. I won't buy another one.
russdee is offline Find More Posts by russdee
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:18 PM
Easton, PA
Joined Jan 2009
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomoussvt
thanks guys.. i think I am gonna get a cheap stop watch from walmart and hook it to my lanyard.. when it beeps at 6:30 I will land and swap batteries!

So what's the most amount of constant flight, other than swapping out batteries, anyone has done so far? I'm curious to see how long these puppies will run! I'm going on 200+ flights and the motors seem great!
Lama2MetalHead is offline Find More Posts by Lama2MetalHead
Last edited by Lama2MetalHead; Feb 27, 2009 at 11:24 PM.