Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:31 PM
Nice Guys finish Last
Joined Jan 2007
88 Posts
DX6i Settings for MCX

Can some give good DX6i TX settings for the MCX with extended swash mod Im trying to make this super responsive .Any info would be appreciated Thanks TD
tdrinc1 is offline Find More Posts by tdrinc1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:58 PM
Joined Jan 2008
784 Posts
I experimented with adding 25% to the high and low travel adjusts for aile & ele. No difference - seems there is electronic limiting of the servo end points.

About all I could do (DX7 only, don't have a 6i) was to put in a ton of negative expo and add a bunch of d/r on rud, aile & ele. I ganged them all up on one switch so it has a hot & normal mode. Hot being relative. Normal is less neg expo, 100% d/r for flying under tables, landing on bookshelves, etc.

Have fun. I can supply exact values if you want, but I don't know how they will translate to your DX6i.
41North is offline Find More Posts by 41North
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
glad you guys liked the screw mod for the swash. just thought I would share with you guys what my bird looks like currently. the tail end I fabricated myself with .06mm carbon fiber. I think it looks pretty good. It's indestructable, because everything flexes. Nice!
sasha26 is offline Find More Posts by sasha26
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:50 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,049 Posts
More progress. Painting finished, created and added decals. The decals were a bear, for some reason the inkjet decal sheets I got weren't printing well, instead of sharp edges I was getting various degrees of bleeding. Had to print them 4 times before I got a usable set.

Still a bunch of work to do, I want to fabricate a tail rotor, then I have to make a new battery mount, it needs to go about an inch forward to balance all that new tail weight. But IMHO, the visuals are shaping up.

EDIT: just looked at the photos, they definitely could be sharper! I'll have to take some more in some good daylight tomorrow.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrinc1
Can some give good DX6i TX settings for the MCX with extended swash mod Im trying to make this super responsive .Any info would be appreciated Thanks TD
Might be better off trying some of the other mods people have done.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:25 PM
Amarillo, Texas
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
Blade MCX with LED

Hi every one. Check out my first mod I did to my MCX.

Blade mcx with LED
dhpreist is offline Find More Posts by dhpreist
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Looks good, Is it one of the flashing three color ones?
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
Amarillo, Texas
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
Yes it is. It came off of an old toy. One of those spinning disk things that fly.
dhpreist is offline Find More Posts by dhpreist
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:56 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
That is sweet!! I would love to have a single green LED on the end of the boom on my MCX. I could fly in pitch black and have a better idea of what it is doing.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:13 AM
United States, TX, Pearland
Joined Nov 2008
115 Posts
i have an mcx and a vapor and would like an adapter to carge 3 lipos at the same time with my triton and equinox, does anyone in this forum sell that i saw a picture of one in a previous thread and there was wiring diagram but i did not understand it. i have a bunch of little lipos and wish i could charge 3 at a time.
aceinthesky is offline Find More Posts by aceinthesky
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:41 AM
United States, AR, Springdale
Joined Dec 2008
237 Posts
OK, so I wanted some zip with my mCX. I had turned the poo out of the linkage with still no real zip. Enter swash mod.

As posted above, I bought a spare set of upper rotors, always nice to have on hand, and stole the screws. Then drilled the swash (while on the mcx) and put the screws in.

Here's where I departed from the previous methods. I took an old cx2 rotor, heck you could use carbon (which I may buy some and redo this) and I cut 4 SMALL sections. Then I used CA (man that is sticky) and glued them on top of the lower head ball rod guide arms. This looks a little more stock and mainly, I couldnt find any tubing that small. Heck, when you look at it in person, you cant tell I did anything to it. The screws were a little loose, so I am trying to find the perfect thing to dip them in thats quick and coats them enough.

Anyway, this thing FREAKIN zips now. IF you havent done this, do it. I CANNOT believe the difference this makes. I'll try soon to make a video of it flying around. Now, if I can figure out a longer innershaft mod, then this thing will be perfect.

Thanks to those that came up with this. It is definately a MUST DO MOD if you are doing anything to your mCX.

Did I mention its zippy now. In ALL directions!

-----EDIT-----

Now, with this mod, if I lean full forward AND left, the swash guide in the REAR comes out of track. I need to extend those now.
Dealwagon is offline Find More Posts by Dealwagon
Last edited by Dealwagon; Jan 26, 2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:56 AM
Nice Guys finish Last
Joined Jan 2007
88 Posts
Am I right here ?Is this maxed out?The limit

I made several mods , swash ball extended , pcb angled, Lighted everything Flybar , bound to lpd5000 tx. Now when I fly there is more movement in all directions . My question is now when I'm flying and doing say figure eights when I max FF stick and max Cyclic stick , and add rudder to do high speed figure eights while feeding throttle to maintain altitude the heli will drop out of the air and begin to fall this happens in both directions is this fixable with say a DX7 or a mod or have I maxed out the capabilities of the heli and the laws of gravity and coaxial are taking over and reached there limits. Thanks so much for the info. TD
tdrinc1 is offline Find More Posts by tdrinc1
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:57 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,993 Posts
Quote:
I made several mods , swash ball extended , pcb angled, Lighted everything Flybar , bound to lpd5000 tx. Now when I fly there is more movement in all directions . My question is now when I'm flying and doing say figure eights when I max FF stick and max Cyclic stick , and add rudder to do high speed figure eights while feeding throttle to maintain altitude the heli will drop out of the air and begin to fall this happens in both directions is this fixable with say a DX7 or a mod or have I maxed out the capabilities of the heli and the laws of gravity and coaxial are taking over and reached there limits. Thanks so much for the info. TD
What happens to motor speed? Sounds like one of them may have seen it's last fig-8. Is the battery relatively new? Did you solder the pins on the battery connector? So many questions . . .
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:40 PM
United States, AR, Springdale
Joined Dec 2008
237 Posts
sounds like a death roll. Get too crazy and this will fall out of the sky just like my cx2 did.
Dealwagon is offline Find More Posts by Dealwagon
Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:28 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,049 Posts
Flybar strikes

Quote:
when I'm flying and doing say figure eights when I max FF stick and max Cyclic stick , and add rudder to do high speed figure eights while feeding throttle to maintain altitude the heli will drop out of the air:
Same thing happens when I do that, whenever I near max throws on all the sticks, she starts to wobble, then falls out of the sky. I finally figured it out, it's flybar (not blade) strikes.

The common belief is that at extreme control inputs, the upper and lower blades clash, causing the flybar-controlled upper blades to go unstable. But i couldn't figure out how those blades would bend enough for this to happen, they are pretty rigid in the vertical plane. Then while staring at the heli one day, I noticed that the flybar is completely free to rotate down into the plane of the lower rotors! I checked the lower blades, and sure enough, right where the flybar would contact them, i found nicks in the rotors. In normal flight, the flybar doesn't move around that much, but you get radical, it goes far enough off kilter to hit those lower blades. Once that happens, the flybar controlled uppers go wacky, and you crash.

I noticed that the flybar will only rotate that far on one side. Maybe if some kind of limiter could be put into the flybar hinge, that would cure the strike/crash problem?
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo