HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2009, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
my camera doesn't have good macro, so here is a couple of shots anyway...
sasha26 is offline Find More Posts by sasha26
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:04 PM
What...me worry?
United States, WI, Edgar
Joined Sep 2002
790 Posts
Micro-t Losi car ball link

Sasha,
Thanks for the tip...looks pretty good! Could you post a link to a vendor for these parts?
Regards,
Scott
bluswede is offline Find More Posts by bluswede
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:37 PM
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-T-B-DT-Scr...3286.m20.l1116

you may be able to find them cheaper... these screws are the right size for mounting PCB, rotors, etc. so it is a good thing to have...
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10128

don't know what they charge for shipping... but it shouldn't be much...
Old Jan 03, 2009, 08:48 PM
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
By the way, I did this mod without even removing the swash, I did it fully assembled... This requires a steady hand and a good eye, but it is doable. Also, i drilled the holes lower than the original balls, so that I would not have the risk of tearing the screws out of the top of the swash, so I had to angle both of the screws upward as I was screwing them in... Very important for tracking that they are angled up the same amount, and that they stick out the same amount. It's working great, no toilet bowl effect, nice fast response coupled with the fact that I shortened the arms of the lower swash by 2mm each. I will have to see if the screws wear out the links, but the screw head is rounded, and pops on with a very positive click. It seems very secure, but does not bind with any friction between the screw head and the link. Remember to put the screw through the "big side" of the links, so that they will not pop off... Enjoy the miracle 5 minute mod!!! :-)
Old Jan 03, 2009, 10:04 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
197 Posts
i don't post very often, but i must say i am very excited to see these hop up swash plates talked about earlier, any news on them?
speare is offline Find More Posts by speare
Old Jan 03, 2009, 11:06 PM
Trumansburg New York
New York
Joined Jan 2009
319 Posts
Mod FLY bar

My god ! This is awesome. After buying my first Heli today, well 2 really {MX2 & the sweet little MCX . Now I really have some things to look forward too. Thanks for this post. . This little guys flys Great. I'm already doing nose ins with no problem, Learning how to wip it around pretty quick. No to cocky yet ,but having a blast. I can see it wont be long before its time to Mod the fly bar . Keep up the mods and posts. Thanks Again.
T/CHunter2009 is offline Find More Posts by T/CHunter2009
Old Jan 05, 2009, 09:43 AM
Manhasset, Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2007
24 Posts
Post #899 from Foamaholic:

Anyone tried the navigation lights from here?

http://flightlights.net/RcHeli.htm
-----------------

Yes, they work well. I built a light brass bracket that's fastened to the frame to hang the side lights off, the module is servo taped to the main frame and the tail strobe is held on with clear package tape to the boom and rear fin. The wires to the LEDs are fine but fairly stiff, so the excess length can be coiled up easily.

The installation requires you to strip a small length of insulation off the battery leads and solder the wires from the module to there. I used a coat of flexible glue to insulate the solder joints.

The lights are bright and steady and the effect is wonderful.

I have not noticed an effect on flying time but I usually do not get the chance to fly down the full charge in one flight.
davidmcc is offline Find More Posts by davidmcc
Old Jan 05, 2009, 05:17 PM
Loading User Title...
Dayton, Ohio
Joined Aug 2007
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcc
Post #899 from Foamaholic:

-----------------

Yes, they work well. I built a light brass bracket that's fastened to the frame to hang the side lights off, the module is servo taped to the main frame and the tail strobe is held on with clear package tape to the boom and rear fin. The wires to the LEDs are fine but fairly stiff, so the excess length can be coiled up easily.

The installation requires you to strip a small length of insulation off the battery leads and solder the wires from the module to there. I used a coat of flexible glue to insulate the solder joints.

The lights are bright and steady and the effect is wonderful.

I have not noticed an effect on flying time but I usually do not get the chance to fly down the full charge in one flight.
Have you noticed an effect on power? Like takes more throttle to hover?
And did you note the weight? (cannot find on site)

THANKS!
goldenite007 is offline Find More Posts by goldenite007
Old Jan 05, 2009, 05:29 PM
Manhasset, Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2007
24 Posts
The weight is minimal and I have not noticed any difference in performance.

From the site (support page)

• Weight of each individual unit is approx. 3 grams.

• Current consumption @ 5v < 15mA

• LED brightness

Red: 40-80 mcd
White: 60-80 mcd
Green: 160-320 mcd
davidmcc is offline Find More Posts by davidmcc
Old Jan 05, 2009, 05:57 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,740 Posts
Thanks, good to know the lights work. Thinking of getting some if I can bring myself to solder such small wires.
Foamaholic is online now Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:06 PM
Joined Nov 2008
9 Posts
Decided to try and install the glow in the dark main frame and swashplate today and wow was that a mistake. Now the main gears are not alligned and I'm quite frustrated. Advice?
mfick is offline Find More Posts by mfick
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:42 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,533 Posts
[QUOTE=davidmcc]Post #899 from Foamaholic:

-----------------

Do you have photos of installation, or better yet, a video?
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:51 PM
Joined Jan 2008
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcc
• Weight of each individual unit is approx. 3 grams.
Suggest folks try taping a 3 g weight (like a US 1 cent coin) to the heli and trying a flight or two. I did and it's way more sluggish. But lights are cool.
41North is offline Find More Posts by 41North
Old Jan 07, 2009, 06:27 PM
Round Lake, IL
Joined Oct 2007
415 Posts
I did the shorting in the shaft mod and FFF did seem to increase. I gave it two turns and it seems pretty good. But it only lasts for about 20 feet until the flybar starts to counter act FFF. Has the cutting of the flybar weights help FFF as well?? It seems like there is a groove already cut into the flyweights already. By the way, I love this little machine!! I also turned down the charge rate in the stock charger as well. Hopefully I'll get a little more out of this lipo.
handyflyer is offline Find More Posts by handyflyer