HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:21 PM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
F3X.com Introduction

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself to the E Zone. My username is F3X (Tom was already taken) and I own/operate Composite Specialties. My main line of work is in composite manufacturing/consulting. I also sell RC models and accessories that will be of interest to some of you.
My electric model section is growing and to keep in form with what F3X.com offers I started with the competition F5D, F5F, F5B & SP400 models from Russia. As time goes on I will also have more selection of sport models available.

I just tossed up the web page on the new Avionik F5B 27 cell (2001 rules legal). I was very fortunate to get one of the first examples in the USA but normal deliveries will be in late summer. Itís not meant to tease you but I wanted to get some photos up so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks for your time, always have fun & remember itís just a hobby!

Tom Copp
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:27 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
Welcome Tom! Always nice (for me at least) to see the dealers/distributors/manufacturers post here.

I bought, second hand from a guy in Calif., a Stinger and in it was a 'Composite Specialties' sticker. I was curious who this actually was....guess now I know!

A question or two if you don't mind.......

Do you carry the CF spinners for the Stinger?

Do you have a website available for us to have a look-see?

Have a great day!

Steve
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Jun 15, 2001, 02:00 PM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
The E-Bandit and slope Bandits are waiting production as soon as I get the CNC foam cutter up and running. I get a bit ill after cutting EPP (yes, I use ventilation but standing over EPP for 6 hours still gets to me.) Troy Peterson did a nice article on what the E-Bandit will look like. With a slightly wider fuse than the slope Bandit everything fits well. The prototype is flying great. The twin SP280's didn't give the performance advantage I was looking for (was just slightly faster than a Zagi) so I went with the single SP400 in the nose. Itís much more fun that way.

Btw. The web page is www.f3x.com

p.s. Parts are available for the Stingers. drop me a line.

QUOTE]Originally posted by jimbarstow:
Whatever happened to the e-bandit?[/QUOTE]

Old Jun 15, 2001, 02:05 PM
Oakland, ca, usa
Joined Oct 2000
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by F3X:
The E-Bandit and slope Bandits are waiting production as soon as I get the CNC foam cutter up and running. I get a bit ill after cutting EPP (yes, I use ventilation but standing over EPP for 6 hours still gets to me.) Troy Peterson did a nice article on what the E-Bandit will look like. With a slightly wider fuse than the slope Bandit everything fits well. The prototype is flying great. The twin SP280's didn't give the performance advantage I was looking for (was just slightly faster than a Zagi) so I went with the single SP400 in the nose. Itís much more fun that way.

Btw. The web page is www.f3x.com

p.s. Parts are available for the Stingers. drop me a line.
No twin!! That was the biggest attraction. Is there any way to offer the option of a twin instead of a single?
jimbarstow is offline Find More Posts by jimbarstow
Old Jun 15, 2001, 02:15 PM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
When they are ready to ship I am sure we can work something out ;-)

Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbarstow:
No twin!! That was the biggest attraction. Is there any way to offer the option of a twin instead of a single?
Old Jun 15, 2001, 05:53 PM
USA, NY, Chestnut Ridge
Joined Jun 2000
1,694 Posts
Hello Tom! Good to see on the EZone!

-B
Ben Diss is offline Find More Posts by Ben Diss
Old Jun 16, 2001, 01:03 AM
Oakland, ca, usa
Joined Oct 2000
471 Posts