HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2008, 06:41 AM
Wyomissing PA
Joined Aug 2003
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperCub49
WOW! That looks awesome. Landing gear?
Tucked under safely in retracted position!! Hand launch only.
Dennis A is offline Find More Posts by Dennis A
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,580 Posts
Cool
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Oct 21, 2008, 04:03 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,351 Posts
At 2.3 oz. will the brick's linear servos be strong enough for the control surfaces?
mike3976 is offline Find More Posts by mike3976
Old Oct 21, 2008, 04:10 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
look at all the wing.. the wingload and therfore the flying speed will be very low, so control forces should stay reasonably low... i can be wrong tho.. call it an experiment

the wing area is 10,92dmē and the wingload will be around 6g/dmē the cessna has a wingloading of 9-10g/dmē so we`re talking about ember/vapor speeds here
meatbomber is offline Find More Posts by meatbomber
Last edited by meatbomber; Oct 21, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 07:04 PM
Joined Jan 2005
489 Posts
B17 flight crew??

Lets see!!!! If you use two bricks and two transmitters you can then have a flight crew made up of pilot and flight engineer. HMMMMM???
flybob1 is offline Find More Posts by flybob1
Old Oct 22, 2008, 01:00 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
Wiring and engine installation completed.

icouldn`t resist to make a first un controlled powered free fligth test in our hangar

she`s goiing to be a serious SLOW FLIER !
At full throttle she`s going to cut out after like 30 seconds, at 3/4 throttle she`s runnign for a while... i let it run for 2 mins or so and it never cut out. looks like she`s going to maintain altitusde at 1/2 throttle so for scale like flight full power will not be necessary. so maybe i can stick with the single brick layout

the SOUND is awesome !!
Old Oct 22, 2008, 03:45 PM
I NEED a micro seaplane lrf!!!
Torino
Joined May 2007
295 Posts
MB

I never write any comment but I always love to follow your building threads - and I love this one as well, of course. Your planes are great, I envy your ability to make so many and so lovely models.

can't wait to see a video of this one flying!

ciao

Andrea
fabersum is offline Find More Posts by fabersum
Old Oct 23, 2008, 04:08 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
thanks Andrea

Well if i would`t build so many they would probably look better still i`m sloppy at finishing because of building too many and not taking my time for a propper nice looking model.

i`m hoping to be able to have a video of it flying within the next few days
i`ve just fnished hinging the control surfces, so making the control horns and hooking up the control lines is next. I also need to build a try for the brick and teh battery in the nose. i`m not 100% sure yet how i do te nose, hinged for access would be bestbut then it`s hard o get it to close and stay flush properly... maybe i`l try something with magnets there
Old Oct 31, 2008, 03:54 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
Hers the work of the last few days.

Weight now just under 3oz (still flying on a single brick!!! but with 300mAh 1S Lipo)

Flies awesome, takeoffs from teh ground no problem, but climb out can best be described as scale Like a real fort loaded to the gills with bombs and fuel heading for the continent. If you could keep max power in the climb she would climb out quickly, but you need to keep max power for bursts only or teh ESC will shut down. Climb power at 80% produces a sedate climb but will still get her up to cruising altitude after a few laps

Next job markings and insignia and weathering...
Old Oct 31, 2008, 04:13 AM
Bangkok
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbomber
Hers the work of the last few days.

Weight now just under 3oz (still flying on a single brick!!! but with 300mAh 1S Lipo)

Flies awesome, takeoffs from teh ground no problem, but climb out can best be described as scale Like a real fort loaded to the gills with bombs and fuel heading for the continent. If you could keep max power in the climb she would climb out quickly, but you need to keep max power for bursts only or teh ESC will shut down. Climb power at 80% produces a sedate climb but will still get her up to cruising altitude after a few laps

Next job markings and insignia and weathering...

It looks fantastic! can't you modify the brick to handle more current?, perhaps it would be as easy as just replacing the stock MOSFET with one rated for more Amps.
AleG is offline Find More Posts by AleG
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:08 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
i thought about that, as there was a thread on how to mod your brick to do just that--- but i`m a bit worried that i`ll ruin my brick when i attempt that.

The better sollution would be to use teh blade MCX brick as it`s made for 2 x 7mm motors, use the differential power for yaw instead of the rudder, and teh servo for ailerons.... well i have one coming my way so maybe
Old Oct 31, 2008, 04:31 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,128 Posts
the B17 came out awesome very nice!
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Oct 31, 2008, 06:06 PM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
Thanks

final phase... getting some more colours on... the lettering is tiny.. unfortunately my transparent foil doesn`t work, as the graphics really need a white background to come out at all..
Old Nov 01, 2008, 05:37 AM
Square-rigger
Klatovy, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2004
3,333 Posts
finished, and some flying pics.
Old Nov 01, 2008, 07:02 AM
Wyomissing PA
Joined Aug 2003
516 Posts
Beautiful..f...in' beautiful !! parkzone opened a whole new world!!
Dennis A is offline Find More Posts by Dennis A