HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:32 AM
Elder Freak
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2001
444 Posts
I did not give up on electric!!!

Okay, it's been a while since I was posting regularly.... Now that I have several out there I've gotten a few.... eh... comments..

I never gave up on electric! I simply put it on the back burner for a while...

When I was learning to fly with my Logo 10 things were slow. I was new and nervous and would spend several minutes hovering low before moving out and learning new things. With only 7 minutes of flight time this was very frustrating to me. Finally I decided to put electric on the back burner until I was able to fly...

I chose nitro for learning because it flies longer, crashing is cheaper to repair and parts are more easily available. This was never intended to be permanent. I don't like engines, I don't like nitro fumes, the noise, the smell and bringing all that extra crap to the field with me just to end up fiddling with the carb for the better part of 45 minutes. Worst of all is the grease... Contrary to what some might think, I didn't "sell out".

I recently was offered a good deal on a crashed Corona and decided to take it! Flight times are less of an issue now and convenience is becoming more of one. (This is not directed at the Corona, it actually has decent flight times in my book.) I'm also having trouble venturing out of my safe zone (hover around & high/away fast forward flight), I'm thinking the Corona's ability to remove some of that pucker factor will help allot.

I've made a couple of posts about the Corona and received some remarks. (I'm not referring to you Fitz.) So I'd like to make a little statement...

#1 I am not back because of LiPoly's! First I heard of them is when I came here to read about the Corona. (.... and yes, they look great!)

#2 I never thought I "left"! My activity was just dormant as far as electric goes. Even if someone did do this, why not welcome them back graciously? Every person buying electric modeling products drives down the cost for everyone else, which benefits YOU.

Geeze...
Phoenix-IT is offline Find More Posts by Phoenix-IT
Old Feb 14, 2003, 02:06 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,419 Posts
Pray tell what was THAT all about??
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Feb 14, 2003, 02:10 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Phoenix-IT

I checked back through the threads which you had recently posted to this mornign and I couldn't find anything there of the type you referred to- perhaps that had already been resolved and the posts deleted??

However if at any member feels that they are subjected to harrassment by another member they should use the "Report This Post To a Moderator" button beneath the relevant post and the matter will be looked into.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Feb 14, 2003, 02:52 PM
Elder Freak
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2001
444 Posts
I wouldn't call anything that was said full on harrassment..

I've just received a bizarre email or two, from people I talked to on when I was building my Logo. I think they were just razzing me more than anything.... less malicious.. more tongue sticking out. But there was one that was borderline rude, I've known the person for a little while.

"So you heard about Kokam's and now yer back eh? Thought you were sold out on the nitros."
Phoenix-IT is offline Find More Posts by Phoenix-IT