HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:31 AM
Joined Oct 2007
31 Posts
Discussion
Formosa stick mount off center?

Hi all,
Assembling a formosa using all stock parts. As I go to mount the stick in the body i note that the hole into which said stick should go is not in the center. It is offset to the right(looking nose to tail). Is this normal? Should I attempt to center the stick?

Thoughts?

B
cain8885 is offline Find More Posts by cain8885
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
Jim
North Alabama
Joined Mar 2004
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cain8885
Hi all,
Assembling a formosa using all stock parts. As I go to mount the stick in the body i note that the hole into which said stick should go is not in the center. It is offset to the right(looking nose to tail). Is this normal? Should I attempt to center the stick?

Thoughts?

B
It's normal.....as I recall it has "built in" right thrust.
Jim_W is offline Find More Posts by Jim_W
Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cain8885
Hi all,

Thoughts?

B
Hi B,

Standing behind your Formosa, you should notice that the stick exits the firewall and point a little to the right.

Standing to the side, you should also notice that the stick exits the firewall and points down a little.

This is called "down/right" thrust, and is used to counteract the forces that are imparted to your plane when you spin up the motor. There is a whole area of RC flying devoted to the theories behind these forces, and the best ways to counteract them.

Suffice it to say for now though, that this is actually normal for many many planes to have the down/right thrust built into the plane for you.

Take care,

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)