HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2008
53 Posts
Discussion
Sundowner 50 ARF. VS Great planes Revolver??

just one question, which one may be faster of this two birds???
Sndowner vs Revolver (both with same engine and props, maybe a .55)
frflyer is offline Find More Posts by frflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,736 Posts
Oh, Jeeze Louise, not again!!!

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Fast, faster, fastest.

Here is a suggestion. Buy a Great Planes Patriot here and put an O.S. 91FX with a tuned pipe.

Get back with us with videos. Should be spectacular!!!
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh
Oh, Jeeze Louise, not again!!!

howell
For those that want to follow this interesting saga red this.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 03:49 PM
Joined Sep 2008
53 Posts
hey I just want to talk about someting I am bored
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Go fly your Avistar and become a more competent pilot. You'll need all the practice you can get to handle that Mach3 second plane you're slobbering over.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:55 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
Get one of each, set them up the same and report back to us which on is faster. However, most likely you will be reporting back to us which one was faster to crash! If you would have ordered the plane, you wouldn't be bored right now, you would be flying.
planefixer is offline Find More Posts by planefixer
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
496 Posts
The Sundowner 50 is a racing plane while the Revolver is an aerobatic plane. So, if you want speed go with the Sundowner.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:53 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
The Sundowner and the Revolver are both very similar in design. They both have a very thin tapered wing. They are both capable of about the same aerobatics and go about the same speed. They both have similar flying wieghts and similar wing loading. I have owned a Sundowner and flown a Revolver and can say that they behave pretty much the same. They are basically different only in name. The Sundowner is a little easier to land because of the landing gear design and placement. Neither of these airplanes will make for a good second plane! But go ahead and be sure to show us the post flight pics!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Neither is fast enough for him. He wants speed!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 07:15 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
hehehehehehehe
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:29 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,736 Posts
I STILL say get a quickie 500 and put a .90 2 stroke with a 10 x 14 prop on it!

gawd, I HATE myself for encouraging this.....

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
Joined Sep 2008
53 Posts
I don't understand why everybody is messing around just because I want to fly a speed plane, I already ordered the revolver, maybe it will arrive something over tomorrow, One friend of mine came with a revolver yesterday it flies beautiful, no problems when I flied it. dont get angry folks i am just trying to hear your opinions about planes that I dont know
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:04 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Lafayette, IN
Joined Jun 2007
355 Posts
Let me make myself clear. I am not angry at you for wanting a fast plane for any other reason. You had asked our oppinion and everyone was more than happy to supply you with plenty of advice. understand that we have not seen you fly and can only suggest what would be appropriate for someone stepping up from a trainer (avistar) to a second plane. MOST people would want to stay within their abbilaty to minimize their risk to their investment. In my experiance, the Sundowner would not have been a good second plane. People that you fly with have told you that you are a capable pilot and evidently think that the revolover is a good logical step. Get it, put it together and have fun flying it. Sorry if I have been rude, but I was just trying to make sure that you understood the differance between a second plane and something more advanced. Considering that you went with a more advanced plane, you must feel that it is a good fit for you. Good luck and don't forget to let us know as soon as you have it flying!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:17 PM
Joined Sep 2008
53 Posts
ok thank you planfixer is that the people in my club just keep telling me to bye a third instead of a second so I`m pretty much confused. you guys have great advices of planes and I am sorry if I just have been a annoyance for asking to much about fast fast fast.
thank you