HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
Question
"Portable" motor rubber band wing mounted 'pod' wanted

hi, like it says ' "Portable" motor rubber band wing mounted 'pod' wanted ' sonmeting i can mount on a gliders wing in a tractor or pusher postion when i need E-Power. also wondering about useing EDF fan unit for same thing, it might even be a better choice huh? i want to do some sailing, but i want the choice of a motor,thats not permantly mounted

rc
rcairplains is offline Find More Posts by rcairplains
Last edited by rcairplains; Sep 25, 2008 at 04:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
LIke maybe a ducted fan with a LittleScreamers, sehttp://www.hobby-lobby.com/soarjet.htmt up like this
Last edited by rcairplains; Sep 25, 2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:52 AM
Puyallup, WA
Joined Nov 2001
1,591 Posts
Lacking some information here. What type of glider are you flying that you are looking at powering with a pod setup? Model anme , wingspan, all up weight, that sort of thing.
If you do a search here, I am sure you will come up with something. Then the rest of the guys will jump in with their 2 cents worth of information. It has been done.

Here is one idea for for you. Little pricey though.

http://www.icare-rc.com/ema.htm

tink
tinkrerpilot is offline Find More Posts by tinkrerpilot
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkrerpilot
Lacking some information here. What type of glider are you flying that you are looking at powering with a pod setup? Model anme , wingspan, all up weight, that sort of thing.
If you do a search here, I am sure you will come up with something. Then the rest of the guys will jump in with their 2 cents worth of information. It has been done.

Here is one idea for for you. Little pricey though.

http://www.icare-rc.com/ema.htm

tink
' but as you said sort of costly,LOL.
another alternative might be a fan unit like this in picture' id really prefere it anyways, it fit better on a Wing... like a zagi or Wildwing. i might just get one an see , rc
Last edited by rcairplains; Sep 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2008
426 Posts
deleted,, change of plan
Last edited by rcairplains; Sep 26, 2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: deleted, change of plan