HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:51 PM
United States, NH, Derry
Joined Oct 2005
152 Posts
Rant
NitroPlanes.com....Poor Quality control and no customer service

Sent this email a few days ago... never heard back, waited to get a response from them before I wrote this to see if they would make good, never will buy anything from them again. One of worst ARF's I ever worked on.......

On September 2, 2008 I placed a order for a predator ARF #90A66. I received it a few weeks ago and started building it this past weekend. I have built kits and arf's for almost 25 years and seen my fair share of quality issues but I must say I am quite disappointed in the quality of this product. There are several hardware pieces missing (pins for the v tail, missing carbon fiber rod for pinning the wings). The front wire landing gear was bent from the manufacture wrong which I could not use, the wheels don't fit the landing gear wire and missing hardware to mount them (wheel collars, screws). Also, the front of the fuselage is block off under the servo mounts so you can't run power/battery wiring under the servos, just over them (doesn't make any sense on a electric model) and the manual is just about useless, very vague unless you have experience in building. I would of sent it back if I knew it was missing parts before I started building but it was too late into the build to return, plus the cost of shipping and lost of my time would not have been worth it. With this kind of quality in your products I really don't see myself buying anything from Nitroplanes again and would not recommend you to any of my friends. I am a very disappointed customer!

Underh2o2long.......
underh2o2long is offline Find More Posts by underh2o2long
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:34 PM
USA, MI, Woodhaven
Joined Feb 2003
274 Posts
That's unusual for NitroPlanes, at least with my experence with them, I had a problem with one of their kits got in touch with John, had the parts in 3 days.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with kit.
Give them a call!!
Kilowatts is offline Find More Posts by Kilowatts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
United States, MS, Amory
Joined Oct 2004
1,413 Posts
China is not known for it quality. I have bought a few Chinese kits. Buyers of chinese ARFs must be prepared for what your about to get, you get what you pay for. Sorry you had to learn this way.
mtnmnstr is offline Find More Posts by mtnmnstr
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
I meant to do that
Eagle Mountain, Utah
Joined Jul 2004
1,423 Posts
I have built a lot of planes from them. Some are decent but some are terrible like the one I am building now(Zlin 50). Glad its not mine. Try to stay away form any that are made of fiberglass.
littlewing78 is offline Find More Posts by littlewing78
Old Sep 25, 2008, 05:16 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
I was thinking about getting the tiger moth all wood from them,...but I see too many negative threads on nitroplanes and so I'm holding back. I've seen good reviews on the tiger moth and really bad reviews... Anyone that has build the tiger moth from nitroplanes care to comment. Also let me know your level of building....beginnner....intermediate, skilled... I'd like to sorta gauge as to how much effort I'd have to put in to build the moth from nitroplanes...and if even worth it.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
I bought the #90A66 Predator from Nitroplanes a couple of months ago before returning from Afghanistan. I just started building it yesterday. underh2o2long is right about the quality of this kit. My kit was also missing the wheel collars and mounting pins for the tailfeathers. It really appears that not much thought was put into how the plane would be assembled.

The servo cutouts in the wings are too small and too shallow for HS55-sized submicro servos. On one side of mine there is a ply block glued directly under the aileron servo cutout so the servo only seats about half way. There's a plastic weed-whacker-type string tied through a pinhole in the block. At first I thought it was to pull the servo leads through but it's tied quite securely and doesn't go all the way to the root that I could see. (Maybe some kind of tension-type support for the wing?) Routing the servo leads was an excessive PITA because the extension lead connectors kept getting stuck on the all-too-small cutouts in the wing ribs. The instructions are pretty much worthless--one photo to illustrate each step with no written directions.

Chinese kits run a wide gamut of quality. Some, like a couple I've bought from Maxford USA, are quite good. This Predator is a bad one.

On a good note--it truly does look cool, so I'm going make it fly despite its flaws.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Last edited by tuppertn; Nov 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:50 AM
Fly Lite Fly Right
Joined Aug 2004
1,150 Posts
I had a problem with a vendor recently and a very good point was made in a reply to a
thread I started .

Quote:
It amazes me that email is so unreliable for some companies but for many others it is 100% reliable. I have some suspicions because orders by email seem to be 100% reliable but customer service questions seem to have a large disappearance rate. It boggles the mind how any company could choose a communication method for conducting business and accept that it only sometimes works. Imagine having a door to a shop that only worked part of the time wouldn't it get fixed. A phone that only rings every 6th time? Fixed I'd bet. Oh I didn't get your email Most of my customers are savy enough to search their spam folder for emails containing keywords appropriate to their business.
This is a quote of swatson144 . It just can't be said any better than this .
I am going to get even more picky about who I order from in the future .
It does not do any good to g
Happymcc is offline Find More Posts by Happymcc
Old Nov 18, 2008, 11:04 AM
Fly Lite Fly Right
Joined Aug 2004
1,150 Posts
I had a problem with a vendor recently and a very good point was made in a reply to a
thread I started .

Quote:
It amazes me that email is so unreliable for some companies but for many others it is 100% reliable. I have some suspicions because orders by email seem to be 100% reliable but customer service questions seem to have a large disappearance rate. It boggles the mind how any company could choose a communication method for conducting business and accept that it only sometimes works. Imagine having a door to a shop that only worked part of the time wouldn't it get fixed. A phone that only rings every 6th time? Fixed I'd bet. Oh I didn't get your email Most of my customers are savy enough to search their spam folder for emails containing keywords appropriate to their business.
This is a quote of swatson144 . It just can't be said any better than this .
I am going to get even more picky about who I order from in the future .
You know if I go out to eat and the food is no good I don't complain , I
just don't go back . And I will tell my friends not to go there . To me that
is the only thing you can do .
One more thing , these company's have been great ( not just good but great )
Horizon hobby , Castle Creations , Graves Hobbies , Hodges Hobbies ,
Thunder Power .
Happymcc is offline Find More Posts by Happymcc
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:08 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
underh2o2long,

My name is Bruce from Nitroplanes.com. First of all, we apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. I do not know why your email was gone unanswered but i'm sure it was a technical glitch somewhere along the communication process.

However, in case you haven't notice yet, we do have a Support Forum via RCU to provide first class service for our customers. If you would've posted your concerns there, our guy John would've taken care of you right on the spot (usually within 24 hours). You can see for yourself all the customers we've helped since our support forum opened back in 2006. 100% serviced.

As for the missing parts, we are very sorry for this. I do not know why the UAV you bought is below standard because we have sold thousands of these and rarely have issues like this. UAV Support Thread

Anyway, if you still need the missing parts, let me know your order# and I will take care of you or you can ask John on RCU. And if you don't need it anymore, NitroPlanes can give you $30 partial credit back for the missing parts and the pain we've caused. Or if you have trouble building this, you can simply return the whole kit back to us and we'll give you an complete refund.

Let me know.
Bruce
NitroPlanes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by underh2o2long
Sent this email a few days ago... never heard back, waited to get a response from them before I wrote this to see if they would make good, never will buy anything from them again. One of worst ARF's I ever worked on.......

On September 2, 2008 I placed a order for a predator ARF #90A66. I received it a few weeks ago and started building it this past weekend. I have built kits and arf's for almost 25 years and seen my fair share of quality issues but I must say I am quite disappointed in the quality of this product. There are several hardware pieces missing (pins for the v tail, missing carbon fiber rod for pinning the wings). The front wire landing gear was bent from the manufacture wrong which I could not use, the wheels don't fit the landing gear wire and missing hardware to mount them (wheel collars, screws). Also, the front of the fuselage is block off under the servo mounts so you can't run power/battery wiring under the servos, just over them (doesn't make any sense on a electric model) and the manual is just about useless, very vague unless you have experience in building. I would of sent it back if I knew it was missing parts before I started building but it was too late into the build to return, plus the cost of shipping and lost of my time would not have been worth it. With this kind of quality in your products I really don't see myself buying anything from Nitroplanes again and would not recommend you to any of my friends. I am a very disappointed customer!

Underh2o2long.......
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
Last edited by nitroplanes; Nov 22, 2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:16 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
tuppertn, let me know your order# and I will send you the missing pars.

If you need help building this kit, you can consult Papa Jeff on RCU. He's a very nice guy and can help you solve any problem you have with the UAV. UAV Support Thread

Bruce
NitroPlanes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn
I bought the #90A66 Predator from Nitroplanes a couple of months ago before returning from Afghanistan. I just started building it yesterday. underh2o2long is right about the quality of this kit. My kit was also missing the wheel collars and mounting pins for the tailfeathers. It really appears that not much thought was put into how the plane would be assembled.

The servo cutouts in the wings are too small and too shallow for HS55-sized submicro servos. On one side of mine there is a ply block glued directly under the aileron servo cutout so the servo only seats about half way. There's a plastic weed-whacker-type string tied through a pinhole in the block. At first I thought it was to pull the servo leads through but it's tied quite securely and doesn't go all the way to the root that I could see. (Maybe some kind of tension-type support for the wing?) Routing the servo leads was an excessive PITA because the extension lead connectors kept getting stuck on the all-too-small cutouts in the wing ribs. The instructions are pretty much worthless--one photo to illustrate each step with no written directions.

Chinese kits run a wide gamut of quality. Some, like a couple I've bought from Maxford USA, are quite good. This Predator is a bad one.

On a good note--it truly does look cool, so I'm going make it fly despite its flaws.

kendall
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:37 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
Nitroplanes.com is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. For people with issues, we encourage you guys to use our support forum because email can be sometimes unreliable. Our whole company receives tens of thousands of emails each week and when incoming email gets routed to different service dept, there's a small chance some emails get lost along the way and could end up in the wrong place.

Please note that many ISPs have restriction on receiving email from our domain, If you have been experiecing un-repling emails, please check your spam folder, you might find our email replies over there. Also you can add our email address into the address book of your email program, so you won't have problem to receive our email in the future.

Known ISP that block our email:
AOL
Hotmail
Yahoo (works sometimes)

Because email support has generated so much bad press for us in the past, this is why we setup the support forum to service our hobby customers. Nitroplanes.com totally understand the value of customer loyalty based on good service and will continue do our best to earn your business with quality models at affordable price.

We also have LIVE CHAT and PHONE during our business hour so it's really not hard to reach us. Maybe the phone can get busy sometimes but our LIVE CHAT is always there! Always remember, if you have problems, we have solutions!

Bruce
NitroPlanes.com
Old Nov 22, 2008, 08:59 AM
United States, NH, Derry
Joined Oct 2005
152 Posts
Bruce.

Let me start off by saying your a little too late. Because I had to jury rig the vtail with my own rods, I could never get the thing to fly straight and true and one tail already broke loose which caused me to lose control and crash on its maiden flight.

I sent a long email to nitroplanes with the parts I was missing, YOU never responded to it! I sent it a second time and said last chanch here... STILL NO RESPONSE!

Funny, I write on this fourm about my issues and the quality of your planes your selling not to mention your customer service and I finally get this response. And, I am not the only one seeing these issues which are not being addressed.

SORRY, YOUR ABOUT 3 MONTHS TOO LATE! And to boot you want to give me $30 bucks credit to what, buy another one? Are you kidding me?

Why would I want to buy another product from you? Lets be honest, its not about the money here, Its about customer service and the quality of your products, which has both failed me and several people here.

The plane has crashed, its sitting in a box in my basement, when I get the time I will strip it of its electronics and trash it. You want my business back.. send me a new predator with all the parts there and that actually fit and work or give me 100% credit to try something else you make! AFTER ALL, THATS WHAT I PAID FOR!

David R. (Underh2o2long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroplanes
underh2o2long,

My name is Bruce from Nitroplanes.com. First of all, we apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. I do not know why your email was gone unanswered but i'm sure it was a technical glitch somewhere along the communication process.

However, in case you haven't notice yet, we do have a Support Forum via RCU to provide first class service for our customers. If you would've posted your concerns there, our guy John would've taken care of you right on the spot (usually within 24 hours). You can see for yourself all the customers we've helped since our support forum opened back in 2006. 100% serviced.

As for the missing parts, we are very sorry for this. I do not know why the UAV you bought is below standard because we have sold thousands of these and rarely have issues like this. UAV Support Thread

Anyway, if you still need the missing parts, let me know your order# and I will take care of you or you can ask John on RCU. And if you don't need it anymore, NitroPlanes can give you $30 partial credit back for the missing parts and the pain we've caused. Or if you have trouble building this, you can simply return the whole kit back to us and we'll give you an complete refund.

Let me know.
Bruce
NitroPlanes.com
underh2o2long is offline Find More Posts by underh2o2long
Last edited by underh2o2long; Nov 22, 2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:01 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
underh2o2long,

Sorry to hear that. I was recently promoted to take care of Nitroplane's RCgroup members. I will address all your problems with our company as well as the manufacturer of the UAV.

If you give me your order#, I can try to investigate for you on why 2 of your emails gone unanswered. In any case, we give our customers 4 options to contact us.

1) Support forum
2) live chat
3) phone#
4) email

If you know how to post your concerns here, you couldve done the same on our support forum and wouldve gotten immediate assistance. Our forum opened in 2006.

And the UAV has a huge support thread as well for those that need guidance. Papa Jeff is cool and I'm sure he wouldve help you good.

Since you crashed it, I guess the best I can do is offer you a discount for your next purchase.

Best of luck to you,
Bruce
NitroPlanes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by underh2o2long
Bruce.

Let me start off by saying your a little too late. Because I had to jury rig the vtail with my own rods, I could never get the thing to fly straight and true and one tail already broke loose which caused me to lose control and crash on its maiden flight.

I sent a long email to nitroplanes with the parts I was missing, YOU never responded to it! I sent it a second time and said last chanch here... STILL NO RESPONSE!

Funny, I write on this fourm about my issues and the quality of your planes your selling not to mention your customer service and I finally get this response. And, I am not the only one seeing these issues which are not being addressed.

SORRY, YOUR ABOUT 3 MONTHS TOO LATE! And to boot you want to give me $30 bucks credit to what, buy another one? Are you kidding me?

Why would I want to buy another product from you? Lets be honest, its not about the money here, Its about customer service and the quality of your products, which has both failed me and several people here.

The plane has crashed, its sitting in a box in my basement, when I get the time I will strip it of its electronics and trash it. You want my business back.. send me a new predator with all the parts there and that actually fit and work or give me 100% credit to try something else you make! AFTER ALL, THATS WHAT I PAID FOR!

David R. (Underh2o2long)
Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewing78
I have built a lot of planes from them. Some are decent but some are terrible like the one I am building now(Zlin 50). Glad its not mine. Try to stay away form any that are made of fiberglass.
Not sure about others, but, I just bought the Nitroplanes 79" CMP Kunlun 2000E that has a fiberglass fuse and i gotta say,...the quality and workmanship blew me away.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971367
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong