HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Cool
"The Lighthouse" is open!!

So, we had the "grand opening" tonight! Its done... well, done enough to open anyway. Still some "details" I want to finish. Like tables etc... pictures you know, nice stuff.

Heck of a turn out too! About 150ish people! Including one 2 Star General, about a dozen Full Birds (o-6), and more O-5's and below than you could count. Plus, the most important, lots of SOLDIERS/AIRMEN!

Now, any time, day or night, anyone can stop in, grab a cup of joe, some tea, hot coco and a snack, FOR FREE! Everything in the place is from donations. Cant beat that.

Plus, we have 2 tv's with AFN and one with an XBox 360 for playin games. Cant go wrong there either.

Enjoy the pics. Im just glad I can take some time off from it now!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:40 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
955 Posts
Man that thing is awesome! Well done, and thank you for what you are doing over there. I am truly grateful for all of our men and women serving in uniform.
Thank you.
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:45 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks craab. its our pleasure.

Sure is tough to build something that big in your "off time" in a war though! lol Its nice that its open and operational now though. Should make a lot of people happy.

Laine.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
955 Posts
the company I work for provides alot of comms gear to the 4th ASOS.
Not sure if they are out there with you - but if so - give them an extra pat on the back for me!
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:20 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Looks great Laine, you guys do good work! If we ever cross paths over there I'm sure I can find some projects for you...

That bar would look a lot better with a couple taps on it though...

What's next on the building board?
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Sep 22, 2008, 02:29 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Wow, looks GREAT Laine!

Maybe you can stop by house one day and build me a workshop.... errr.... shed.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Sep 22, 2008, 02:29 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjon
Looks great Laine, you guys do good work! If we ever cross paths over there I'm sure I can find some projects for you...

That bar would look a lot better with a couple taps on it though...

What's next on the building board?
A suggestion box and a bulletin board No, seriously the place looks great!!! Still working on the transport thing and maybe we should start on the Christmas push, for the Kush. Might just be a country western song in there somewhere???
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Flyer
Wow, looks GREAT Laine!

Maybe you can stop by house one day and build me a workshop.... errr.... shed.
Not before he starts building some of the things I want.
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:56 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks everyone. It will be quite nice this winter (coming quickly) when the place is covered in a sheet of ice and a foot of snow. It will give folks a nice warm place to have a hot drink and relax a bit. im sure it will get quite a bit of use.

Oh, and Patrick, I'll get the suggestion box put up man... cant be deployed without one of those!

More projects huh guys? I think I'll take a week or so before I get any other wild hairs and start building stuff. I have a couple airplanes to get in the air too!

Laine.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:44 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
do you guys have call of duty 4?
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:57 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,854 Posts
Better late than never but that thing could have already done so much for our troops overseas, the citizens of the United States and would be snowball fighters everywhere
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:03 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
So, we had the "grand opening" tonight! Its done... well, done enough to open anyway. Still some "details" I want to finish. Like tables etc... pictures you know, nice stuff.

Heck of a turn out too! About 150ish people! Including one 2 Star General, about a dozen Full Birds (o-6), and more O-5's and below than you could count. Plus, the most important, lots of SOLDIERS/AIRMEN!

Now, any time, day or night, anyone can stop in, grab a cup of joe, some tea, hot coco and a snack, FOR FREE! Everything in the place is from donations. Cant beat that.

Plus, we have 2 tv's with AFN and one with an XBox 360 for playin games. Cant go wrong there either.

Enjoy the pics. Im just glad I can take some time off from it now!

Laine.
a bar, guns, a guy playing a flute, yep, just like my hometown bar!!
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
lol, heck yeah. Nothing wrong with a dude and a flute. lol I dont know why he was there, but he needed his picture taken.

Nope, no call of duty, but I have halo 2 on my xbox in my room. We had 16 guys playin on a network tonight. Crazy. It sure is nice to have some time to screw off now that the building is up and running.

Bad part is, I have 6 days to finish my annual "check ride". Very intense studying.

Laine.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:07 PM
Joined Aug 2008
482 Posts
Hi Laine,

Very nice job! I am also very thankful for all that the woman and men in the service do for our country, the world would be much worse if not for people like you.

Would you like some magazines (Autoweek, Cycle World, etc for your "shed")

al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Sep 23, 2008, 01:56 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,854 Posts
How about something a little more cerebral? The articles in Maxim and FHM are fairly compelling and intuitive. While Iíll be the first to admit that some of the views penned in Playboy have become tedious, one must (in the name of open-mindedness), explore these opposing political concepts, especially when one takes into account the upcoming election! This of course is only a stopgap to hold them over until we can work a deal out with Mort Kondracke to add more appealing visual content to the Weekly Standard!!!