SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 02, 2008, 03:06 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
If you don't have time to hold to commitments, don't make them.

Joel
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2008, 03:34 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,488 Posts
Trader Rating: 161
Flashprash65 is a very stand up guy, I happen to know him. There is no doubt that the hold will be taken off the funds, also just be aware that paypal never does anything right away. Sometimes it takes days from the time that the keystrokes were finished until the results show up in anyone's account for real. Rest assured they will hang on to money as long as possible as it's to their own benefit.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Oct 02, 2008, 04:24 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I know what it's like to get busy but there are ways to follow through just the same.
If you have paypal you can pay and print out a USPS lable online and then schedule a pickup on the USPS site. They come to your door the next day.
Or set up an account on USPS to do the same thing. Added benefit on USPS delivery confirmation is free when you buy a label. And only 18c with paypal print and ship.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Oct 02, 2008, 06:09 PM
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jun 2006
524 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
Heligrom,

I waited nearly 4 weeks, several emails, a complaint to RCG admin, a dispute with paypal, and email to 3 of your 'listed' RCG friends, correspondence with the other 2 guys you still owe, to try to get a response from you..... Nada was the result. Busy is your justification? Are you still too "busy" stil to pay back or ship merchandise to the other 2 RCG members you still owe. Yes they emailed me about you and what you still owe them.

Yes i got the charger with broken leads, ripped off aligator clips, and crud and scum all over the thing. It looks like you had it stored in a cat litter box.

Heligrom, As you can well understand, i too, just like you, am very busy with my continuing education and will take care of this in a "Heligrom" timely manner. I'm sure you understand how busy life can get. Quote: "I'm going to make it <right>".
flashprash65 is offline Find More Posts by flashprash65
Last edited by flashprash65; Oct 02, 2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 07:33 PM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Heligrom scamming someone else, imagine THAT! He only took me for a few dollars, a set of 335mm T-Rex blades but he belly ached about being busy, that his $40,000 a year education was more important then dealing with having to ship out the blades I'd bought, this went on and on. I filed a compliant with PayPal, I got a few dollars back but in the end I lost $8 or so I gave up trying to get PayPal to do what they're SUPPOSED to do.

Not sure what his malfunction is, but if the forum moderators really want to see the PM trail I kept a lot of the messages (if not all) that went back and forth over a period of 2-3 months IIRC.

BAN him for RCGroups, he's a scam artist and thief and we're all here to have fun, share knowledge and trade fairly and not have to deal with endless emails and PayPal disputes.

Anyone wants to know more, feel free to PM me and I'm happy to fill you in. I find this all to be a bummer but the hope is here that we'll be able to keep him and others from ripping people off in the future.

Happy Flying!
Drew816 is offline Find More Posts by Drew816
Old Oct 02, 2008, 07:39 PM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
to be honest, school work. that comes before anything else, even my addiction to this hobby. unfortunately, my "busy-ness" with school work coincided with making this deal with flash.

i did tell him i was going to make it right, and i did. now he has his charger and i just want the holds taken off of my paypal account
Heard that one before myself, a few times; but I still never got my money back nor the items I bought from Heligrom. I certainly hope they teach you integrity and honesty in your $40k a year school you're attending, because they're obviously lessons you've yet to receive...
Old Oct 02, 2008, 07:57 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew816
Heard that one before myself, a few times; but I still never got my money back nor the items I bought from Heligrom. I certainly hope they teach you integrity and honesty in your $40k a year school you're attending, because they're obviously lessons you've yet to receive...
Unfortunately integrity can be bought really cheap and this is case in point with this guy. $40,000.00 education huh, sound like to me he might be educated beyond his means of intelligence.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Last edited by mtdoramike; Oct 02, 2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 09:16 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Nope, at the $40,000+ a year schools they teach you how to rise to the top by stepping on as many people as possible to get there. The more people you stack up under you, the higher you are.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Oct 03, 2008, 01:30 AM
Joined Jan 2006
101 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
hey heligrom if youre making things right can i get my blade CX now? that was like a year ago and you completley screwed me out of about 300.00 of stuff.

Matt
mat3833 is offline Find More Posts by mat3833
Old Oct 03, 2008, 04:12 AM
1 paycheck away from homeless
United States, KS
Joined Mar 2006
4,574 Posts
Trader Rating: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat3833
hey heligrom if youre making things right can i get my blade CX now? that was like a year ago and you completley screwed me out of about 300.00 of stuff.

Matt
I wanna see the answer to this one.
ghostmechanic is offline Find More Posts by ghostmechanic
Old Oct 03, 2008, 08:37 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat3833

Matt

Ohhhhhh Noooooo you didn't!
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Oct 03, 2008, 09:43 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
I think his career here at RCG is OVER.

Unless of course you really ARE making things right, heligrom.
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Oct 03, 2008, 10:13 AM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Not until he gets banned for life will his career be over, people don't check the Trader Ratings close enough before buying (myself included!) and as long as he's allowed to be a member this will continue to occur.

As for making things right; good luck on seeing that happen and even if it were to occur it's only because he's been badgered into doing so NOT because he has any integrity or real concern...
Old Oct 03, 2008, 10:27 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew816
Not until he gets banned for life will his career be over, people don't check the Trader Ratings close enough before buying (myself included!) and as long as he's allowed to be a member this will continue to occur.

As for making things right; good luck on seeing that happen and even if it were to occur it's only because he's been badgered into doing so NOT because he has any integrity or real concern...
You're probably right. Props for leaving a negative and speaking up in this thread. Not everyone is willing to step up and provide details to a bad deal gone even worse.
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Oct 03, 2008, 10:56 AM
USA, Eastern Ohio
Joined Jan 2005
976 Posts
Trader Rating: 101
Yea, you need to check out trader ratings. I'll trade with a guy with good TR in a heartbeat. I'll even strike a deal with someone with a lot of postings (after checking a few postings just to feel the guy out) with zero feedback. I even bought something from someone with lots of ratings except one bad after reading about the guy being in an accident and not shipping timely.But this was read on another forum from another poster. Sometime bad things happen to good people.

But the whole thing is, try to check someone out before sending money to anyone.

PS__this doesn't excuse ANYONE from not being honest in their dealings.
Tag1260 is offline Find More Posts by Tag1260
Closed Thread