HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2009, 01:20 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miawesomemi
Yeah, you are going to be pretty busy in April/May... You'll find the time I'm sure. Don't stress about it, there will be plenty of time to fly.
My future wife has decided to join RCG to stalk me...
bwalt822 is offline Find More Posts by bwalt822
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2009, 03:34 PM
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,923 Posts
oh dear...
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
Old Apr 04, 2009, 11:19 AM
Joined Aug 2006
368 Posts
Hello all,
I've got the R/C Modeler magazine with the Adrian Page Gee Bee construction article. I want to get rid of it for postage only. If anyone wants a copy of the article, the article cut out of it, or the whole magazine please let me know with a PM. I would wait a few weeks before sending the whole mag as some might want copies, etc. I'm going to recycle/pitch my old RCM's and thought someone might have some use for this. Copies would be about $2.00 and the whole magazine would be either $3 or $5 depending upon weight.

Much earlier someone wanted the whole magazine, but it was promised to a 3rd party who backed out. The first party didn't want a just a copy so I deleted his email. I'd like to connect again, to complete this, but probably can't. Oh well, please let me know if interested.
Regards,
GarySS
Garyss is offline Find More Posts by Garyss
Old Aug 02, 2009, 02:42 AM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
I'm happy to say that work has resumed on the Gee Bee today. I worked on sanding the fuselage in preparation for covering. I dont know if it will fly this season but we still have a few months...
Old Aug 02, 2009, 04:20 AM
War Eagle!
Joined Sep 2006
2,923 Posts
Wow, pretty long hiatus.

I hope all is well in your non-rc life.
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:27 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
Yeah it was a long break but it was because everything has been awesome. First it was too cold and rainy to sand outside, then I got married and was on my honeymoon. Finally it took a few weeks to get moved into our apartment.

When my planes got moved up here and I finally got around to flying it got the itch back into me. I should start putting some color onto her the next weekend that I get to work. We will be looking for a house so that may take up the weekends for a few months.

But today I got all of the control surfaces sanded along with the bottom of the wing. The fuselage is probably 80% ready to cover. I need to head to the hobby shop to pick up to filler before I can do much more.
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:53 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
Dos anyone have a guess at how much covering I will need? I was thinking one roll of red and two of white. I plan on using Monokote.
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:58 PM
War Eagle!
Joined Sep 2006
2,923 Posts
That should be close to enough, but I'd get plenty of extra if you can.

Pick a covering that takes curves well, not sure if mono or ultra is best for that.
Old Aug 06, 2009, 05:04 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
Monokote is what I have worked with before but not on as complicated of a job as this. I think it should be ok if I lay it out right at am very careful.

What coverings handle curves well? I need to keep it light so I would prefer to not do any painting except for the cowl and wheel pants. I will probalby paint the wing fillet too.
Old Aug 06, 2009, 05:08 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,344 Posts
I painted the white covering on mine so it all matches. Krylon Fusion from Wal-Mart.

Great flight SD.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:59 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,876 Posts
Have you considered paint ? A model as nice as yours deserves it.

If it were mine, I'd cover it with Solartex and paint it with Nelson Hobby Specialties paints.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:46 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
Well I have started covering with monokote. I have the ailerons, aileron servo hatches, elevator, and stabilizer complete. I might get the white portion of the wing done tomorrow and will post pictures then.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 02:38 PM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
I just want to report that the wing is covered and the aileron hinges are glued. I have pictures on my camera but have been too lazy to upload them. I will try to remember tonight.

I have become amazed at how much you can shrink monokote.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:29 AM
USA, WA, Edmonds
Joined Aug 2008
1,883 Posts
pics uploaded
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:01 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,344 Posts