HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by dc812, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,408 Posts
Discussion
60" Plank, LEG Fat Albert

******UPDATE: Link to low res video.......:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post10640537

More flying today (Friday) at Nakalele. Wind came up nicely. Got to fly with Brian C and his Bluto. Got in some great super high pumps coordinated with the Bluto and FA side by side......doesn't get much better.

Logged a couple of hours of flying at Nakalele on Wednesday. Wind came up to +/- 20 mph, and the FA really came alive. Found that you need every bit of roll authority that you can muster...I may even go down one more hole on the elevon control horns to get more roll. Inverted flight needed just a slight nudge of fwd stick. Added another 7g of nose weight to alleviate tucking on dives....I think we got it right now.

FA has been maidened and is ready for some BIG AIR.

Purpose build to be ultra packable. All electronics are burried in the wing. Fuse only contains ballast in the nose, and holds the tail. LMA has top & bottom buzzers

AUW = 66oz
dc812 is online now Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dc812; Oct 01, 2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Flight Update (Friday)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2008, 09:53 PM
Build, fly, learn!
Versailles, France
Joined Jul 2008
495 Posts
Clean and good looking. Love the way it disassembles for transport. I hope you'll post a video of this one flying, I am really curious to see how it moves through the skies!
ADB2 is offline Find More Posts by ADB2
Old Oct 02, 2008, 11:48 AM
Albatross in next life
SAN DIEGO
Joined Dec 2002
301 Posts
Wow! That bad boy is big, or should I say fat I really like the 2" strapping tape undercover -- super nice touch and shouldn't affect airflow. What did you use on the fuse ... goop?

Toby
San Diego, CA
Toby W is offline Find More Posts by Toby W
Old Oct 02, 2008, 06:52 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,408 Posts
Thx Toby,

For the fuse, I applied light spackle with PU glue mixed in, sanded back down to the foam cells, then double bias strapping tape the whole fuse (even inside the wing pocket, then solartex the whole fuse and wing pocket, paint with Micheals water base airbrush paint (two coats), then four coats of thinned goop with same paint mixed in for color.

Ideally, you would paint on 10 coats of goop, then stick the fuse in a hot shed for two or three weeks to cure to get a hard (sandable) coating. I didn't have that kind of time cause I was taking this baby on vacation with me, so I threw a couple of coat on there and went with it.....makes a sturdy fuse.

DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoth88
Wow! That bad boy is big, or should I say fat I really like the 2" strapping tape undercover -- super nice touch and shouldn't affect airflow. What did you use on the fuse ... goop?

Toby
San Diego, CA
dc812 is online now Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member