HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by T6Junkie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:17 PM
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2001
453 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
For Sale
Giant Size Auto-Gyro " Whistler's Grandmother

I have for sale a scratch built Giant Whistler's Grandmother Auto-Gyro. It is big. It has a rotor diameterof 76 inches. It is approx 74 inches in length. This Auto-Gyro has only 4 flights on it.All very successful. It has a newThunder Tiger 91-4 cycle engine and all new Hitec Radio gear. It has 3 645 MG servos on elevator and Rudder and a standard servo on the throttle. It has a new 1700ma battery pack for the radio. It also has a new Hitec 8 channel rx on Ch 11. Everything was purchased new for this Auto-Gyro. It has a custom made aluminum rotor head made for this with 2 ball bearings in it. The pylon assembly is made of 1/8th aluminum held together with full scale aircraft flush rivets. The gyro is covered in Ultracote Cub Yellow and Orange. It comes with 2 sets of rotor blades. One set is covered in yellow and orange Ultracote and are 26 inches long. The second set are 36 inches long and are covered in Carbon fiber Ultracote. The rotor blades are made by Aerobalsa. As I said earlier this Gyro has only 4 flights on it to make sure everything worked correctly.
I am selling this beautiful Gyro for health reasons. It's just too large for me to handle.
This is for a local pickup only. Please don't ask me to ship it. Even though it comes completely apart I cannot do the packing and shipping. If it must be shipped I will take it to a UPS Store and they can do it at the buyers expense.
The price for this Gyro is $800.00
Thank you for looking
Pete pepafra@comcast.net
T6Junkie is offline Find More Posts by T6Junkie
Last edited by T6Junkie; Sep 20, 2008 at 06:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread