HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2008, 04:39 AM
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Dec 2003
1,286 Posts
Discussion
Spirit Of Yesteryear Kits May Live On !!!

I have some rather unfortunate news I thought should be shared with the modeling community and felt it most appropriate in the Vintage and Old Time forums due to the subject of the company. This may be old news, however it caught me by total suprise.

I recently contacted Dare Designs, out of Cumberland Maryland, with interest in purchasing one of The Spirit of Yesteryear kits they distribute only to learn that my selection was limited to 1 of the 2 Playboy kits left in stock. The unfortunate news was being told that Stuart, owner of Spirit of Yesteryear, passed away unexpectedly. I was also told that there was no interest within the family or friends to keep the company alive.

On a more positive note I was also told the Dare Designs is very serious and optimistic about purchasing the rights to manufacture the more popular Yesteryear designs and that project is currently in the works.

My deepest sympathy goes out to the family and friends of Stuart. His contributions to the hobby were greatly appreciated.

Let the Spirit live on!!!

Greg Knipp
Greg Knipp is offline Find More Posts by Greg Knipp
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:22 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,826 Posts
Spirit

They manufacture very nice kits and thier service and friendlyness has always been top notch. Here is one of thier Red Zephyrs designed for electric but converted to oily.
williame3590 is offline Find More Posts by williame3590
Old Sep 20, 2008, 04:14 PM
Charleston, SC, USA
Joined Jan 2001
199 Posts
Sad news indeed......Here's hoping the line will continue somehow.....

Mark
markie is offline Find More Posts by markie