HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2008, 08:39 PM
Devil Of The Angel Pilots
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
Help!
Help Choosing The Right Plane (ParkZone Slo-V, Micro Citabria,Micro Cessna)

Hey Guys,
I'm sort of a newbie here but I do have some decent flight experience. I have owned and flown 20+ airhogs planes. Im thinking about getting a good cheap (<$150) plane. I have 3 main choices. One is the ParkZone Slo-V because it is an amazing slow flyer. I have limited space to fly in surrounded by trees and power lines so this is an ideal plane since it is soo slow and stable. My 2nd choice was the ParkZone Citabria Micro plane. It also suits my needs and wants and seems to be able to be more acrobatic. One problem may be that it cannot handle winds well. My 3rd choice was the ParkZone Cessna 210 Centurion. It is also like the Citabria but not as acrobatic I think.

If you guys could tell me the good and the bad about each plane, that would be nice and what you would reccomend. Also if you have any other good suggestions for a plane please let me know.

I also have a couple of questions:
Can the Citabria and the Cessna handle wind well?
Which one is better, the Citabria or the Cessna?
Can the planes withstand impact?

Thanks Guys
krazydemon239 is offline Find More Posts by krazydemon239
Last edited by krazydemon239; Sep 18, 2008 at 08:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:10 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
None of those planes handle any wind well. The 2 smaller ones will fly in very small areas, but there not nearly as crashable as the EPP AirHog type.
Also none of them are really aerobatic, other than maybe a loop.
Maybe a small EPP 3D plane with the throws reduced would be a much better investment. Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:19 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
Well, a Slo-V would be the best, but it will be beaten up in a bad hit. Also, powerlines are a big no no for rc planes. They have been known to conflict with radio signals, and provide all kinds of problems, especially with the Slo-V.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..