SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hang on, turbulence ahead
St. Louis
Joined Dec 2007
534 Posts
Mini-HowTo
CX2 extended battery hanger using recycled training gear

I found a good use for the old training gear that I thought I would share.

I needed to move my battery forward for balance, and I ran out of zip-ties, so I cut off and discarded the part of the stock battery holder that prevents the battery from moving forward (the part they tell you to put velcro on). Then I cut two of the CF rods to desired length, in my case 110mm. I fastened the clips on by putting the screws through the holes that are in the lower bend of the battery holder legs. Short sections of the silicone tubing on the CF rods hold them in place.

The rods slope downward slightly, but the stock canopy still fits (barely). The rods can be moved backward also, if you need the CG to go in that direction.
Heli Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Heli Hacker
to remove ads between posts