HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2008, 04:45 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Discussion
Crap, my heli was stolen!

I bought a Walkera 38, the Post Office confirmed they delivered it yesterday. I never saw it, somebody took it from my front porch. They took my wife's hanging plant, too. I've never heard of anything like that happening around here, so it wasn't insured. Damn!
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
I bought a Walkera 38, the Post Office confirmed they delivered it yesterday. I never saw it, somebody took it from my front porch. They took my wife's hanging plant, too. I've never heard of anything like that happening around here, so it wasn't insured. Damn!

Thats a federal offense!
newbie39 is offline Find More Posts by newbie39
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:19 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie39
Thats a federal offense!
That only matters if you are caught. I have to believe somebody will show up looking for advise or repairs, at the LHS or some online forum. If you don't know how to fly a heli, odds are good you will break something.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
That only matters if you are caught. I have to believe somebody will show up looking for advise or repairs, at the LHS or some online forum. If you don't know how to fly a heli, odds are good you will break something.

More likely they sold it for pennys on the dollar to support a truly bad habit . Sorry about your loss . This is a lesson for us all , times are tuff and they well get tuffer before they get better .
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
You did buy it with a credit card? I would just tell the vendor I never received it. If they send another one great, if not just tell your credit card company the package never arrived. There is what you call buyers protection insurance with credit cards. Next time insure it and/or make sure they don't just leave packages on the porch.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:14 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
they'll probably come back .. rig a dummy package and stuff it with newspaper with a nice fat wet dog poop in the middle ...
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
I just came from filing a police report. They told me the whole street I live on got hit. They knew what street it was as soon as said I wanted to report a theft.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
Man that sucks! If you bought it with a credit card it might actually be insured. You should check that out
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:01 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I got bugularized last week myself. I think the post office is pretty stupid for leaving packages on a persons front porch. At one time they use to leave a slip of paper telling you you have a package at the post office. I myself I dont like packages left on my door step. I basically have parcels or packages shipped to my PO Box. Not really much of a chance someone stealing it. Hate to hear that alot of theft is going on.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:02 PM
Meridian, ID.
Joined Mar 2005
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
You did buy it with a credit card? I would just tell the vendor I never received it. If they send another one great, if not just tell your credit card company the package never arrived.
That would be a lie. And then Balr14 would be stealing.
Tamej is offline Find More Posts by Tamej
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,210 Posts
Last week I saw someone trying to break into a house across the street from me. He saw me and got on his scooter to leave. If I had gone for a rifle instead of to phone the police, I could have got him.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
Last week I saw someone trying to break into a house across the street from me. He saw me and got on his scooter to leave. If I had gone for a rifle instead of to phone the police, I could have got him.
and you would have been fine here in Texas shooting him....
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
Now my wife is pissed at me for blowing $200!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
To many projects
USA, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Aug 2004
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
they'll probably come back .. rig a dummy package and stuff it with newspaper with a nice fat wet dog poop in the middle ...
That will just make them mad and they'll want to get even.

When I lived in the burbs and it happened to me I quickly bought a motion sensing camera setup off ebay. X10 stuff basically. Pain to setup, but it caught the jerks stealing a four figure package that the PO shouldn't of left without a sig.

I pressed charges and didn't let up. They were all kids (16-17) and their parents begged me not to for weeks, Even brought over a new item of what was first taken. That's when I knew these parents had been through this song and dance before keeping their kid from the law. So I hit each neighbor a block around me and all the way to school. Many had missing mail,

Long story short, three families moved, neighborhood back to normal. Until it was over run by illegals, then I moved, at the housing boom peak
66tbird is offline Find More Posts by 66tbird
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:20 PM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,513 Posts
You named your heli Crap? And someone stole it?

Just kidding, that sucks. I'd be very upset if that happened to me.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP