Joined May 2008
Lets talk hobbycity EPP vs phase 3 epp? which one
So I have decided to go EPP because I seem to crash alot and it's pretty windy where im at. I know that all planes break it dosent matter what they are mad eout of. I can fly and am looking for strictly an "EPP" plane thats "cheap". I have all the electronics and am running a 3 cell 1500mah lipo with a 450 sized motor. I have thought about a wing but I really love the flying style of the mid wings.
Heres my question:
1) Based on these 2 models please tell me the me which one seems more durable? Which one is easier to fix?
Hobby city EPP- Yak
Phase 3- hobby people
2) which one do you feel would fly better? or better in windy conditions?
3) Will CA foam safe work on this? Is an accelerator definantly needed?
4) so my brushless is like 24-28 ounce plane range will putting too much thrust on a plane be real bad for it? Does thrust help cut wind better? Does thrust affect stability of flying?
5) If it would be better too change brushless could you suggest any specific motor I could use from hobby city
I am in the need of some real help cause it seems like I have a tendancy to overweight my planes and they get squirely (like flying a brick hahaha). Please if you can take the time to explain in detail anything that could help me choice this next EPP plane. Gonna screw it up so I know ill replace it so it's gotta be semi-cheap. Thank you so much!
Joined Sep 2004
I just got the HobbyCity EPP plane and the box was smashed and so was it. It looks to be a very light build. The 24g motor on a 3 cell 1000mah would be more than enough. Maybe a 40ish gram would be max, as its reasonably thin and I don't think it would hold up to too much power.
The Quick time may be a better option, but I haven't seen one.
Another option would be a Typhoon airframe. It is quite durable and your motor and batt would be a decent choice, plus its a mid wing, that is easy to get parts for.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cool||Phase 3 EPP Bomber - LiPo Powered!||SRodz||Micro Ready-to-Fly||337||Mar 24, 2009 11:43 PM|
|Idea||Lets talk about EPP baby, lets talk about PU/RT||Drusky||Slope||11||Jun 09, 2007 12:30 PM|
|Question||Aero Ace electronics in a Phase 3 epp bomber?||noneedforanam88||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||15||May 23, 2007 11:08 PM|
|Discussion||Phase 3 EPP foam mustang by Global Hobbies||mallett13||Foamies (Kits)||13||Apr 02, 2007 11:19 AM|
|Discussion||Phase 3 EPP Mustang||Solcat||Electric Warbirds||15||May 14, 2006 11:24 AM|