HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 376
120% agree with bighank13.... I shipped a Sensor 117 sailplane across the country by UPS and it was received without incident It took me a day and a half to package it safely.
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,705 Posts
Trader Rating: 1148
Just another reason for me to not sell there anymore. I haven't listed anything on eBay in over a year. Bought a few things for sure, but fuggedibout selling

Brian
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Yo Brian,

I need to correct ya' spellin'.......faggedibout sellin'
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,705 Posts
Trader Rating: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude
Yo Brian,

I need to correct ya' spellin'.......faggedibout sellin'
Well in that case, it's "hobbyists"

Brian
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:12 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,696 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
I think the high shipping can work out , its the TOTAL cost that you should look at , and screwing ebay out of a little money cant be bad , can it ? I bought a very nice 2 transmitter alum case on ebay , was .01 for the case and 19.99 shipping , total 20.00...much cheaper than anywhere else . but it is pretty much case by case...Dennis
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I like the new feed back policy. It has always been my policy to leave buyer feedback as soon as the money arrived. It's always worked for me. If I do my job in packing and quick shipping I've found they are always happy.

On the other hand I only ship at least priority, and have no reason to deal with anyone that would rather gamble on how long and often their package gets mauled to save a few cents(small items).

I'm looking forward to the new shipping cost policing. They have for some time now had a rule against exorbitant shipping but seem to only expect a customer to complain. Hopefully this will get some buyers back on ebay I think a bunch of buyers no longer bother because of all the cheap new crap that is coming in for 7.50$ RTF with 25.99$ shipping. You used to be able to see all the RC helis on a couple pages now there is 6 pages of 2 ch toys BEFORE you get to the rest of the toys with a few real RC helis mixed in.

Nah on 2nd thought the only thing that'd make me browse ebay now is a severe medical condition that would keep me chair bound. Heck you can't even search for a brand since 99% of the stinking toys have trex, raptor, nitro, and well you name it in the description. So you can't seperate the fly poop from the pepper.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Sep 17, 2008, 02:14 PM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Trader Rating: 299
Quote:

I, as a buyer, have one "pet peeve" with a hobbiest (not a business!!) who wants to charge more shipping because they "have to drive 25 miles round trip to the post office" and "have to take their time to package the item". That is pure Hs. One can now print postage paid shipping labels online. And, the USPS comes by my mail box 98% of the time Monday thru Saturday. If you are not a business, then how can one justify charging for "their time" ???
Well old dude, I can see why your avatar says common sense=0
Being old is no excuse.
No matter what your situation is does not mean that everybody else is the same.
I live in a rural area where in fact my mailbox is over a mile from my house.
And USPS will not come to my house to pick up packages or drop them off. When I get packages they leave a little brown card in my mailbox telling me that I have parcels at the post office.

So I don't really appreciate your Hs attitude since it was obviously in reply to my post.
I sold one jet plane that cost me over $100.00 just to build the wooden crate
to ship it in. I then drove over 140 miles in order to ship it via greyhound because it was too large for any other shipper. The jet was worth $3000.00
I was not going to throw it in a cardboard box and dump a bunch of peanuts
around it. So you think it is wrong to ask the buyer to cover some of these costs do you?

Besides, I didn't say that I charged for the round trip, I insinuated that I didn't want ebay telling me I had to lose money on shipping.

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Old Sep 17, 2008, 03:27 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Whenever I buy something expensive or heavy/bulky, I always contact the seller regarding proper packing and if they listed some rediculously low amount, I always offer extra to cover what I think the packing should involve. I've had far too many things damaged because of this, and lost Paypal claims on these items.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:24 PM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdearth
Well old dude, I can see why your avatar says common sense=0
Being old is no excuse.
No matter what your situation is does not mean that everybody else is the same.
I live in a rural area where in fact my mailbox is over a mile from my house.
And USPS will not come to my house to pick up packages or drop them off. When I get packages they leave a little brown card in my mailbox telling me that I have parcels at the post office.

So I don't really appreciate your Hs attitude since it was obviously in reply to my post.
I sold one jet plane that cost me over $100.00 just to build the wooden crate
to ship it in. I then drove over 140 miles in order to ship it via greyhound because it was too large for any other shipper. The jet was worth $3000.00
I was not going to throw it in a cardboard box and dump a bunch of peanuts
around it. So you think it is wrong to ask the buyer to cover some of these costs do you?

Besides, I didn't say that I charged for the round trip, I insinuated that I didn't want ebay telling me I had to lose money on shipping.

Tim
Well, somebody reported me to RCGroups for making a personal attack
in this post. I wonder who did that. I am supposed to edit it but I do not see the personal attack.

RCGroups Rule "The author has attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance."

I referred to old dudes own avatar which states "IQ = 139 Common sense=0"
I didn't write it, he did.
I also called him old, because that is his name in his avatar.
I never said anything about his appearance.

I don't see a personal attack there, so I do not know what to edit.

All I see is a someone that thinks he can state his mind "pet peeve"
but wants to hear no rebuttal. If he had not attacked my simple statement about the true costs of shipping which may include driving 25 miles with gas at $4.16 per gallon, I would have not replied to it. We were only discussing the fact that ebay will now decide what you can charge for shipping.

I don't see where I broke any rules.

Tim

Tim
Last edited by tdearth; Sep 17, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:51 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,604 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
As usual, many will be paying the price for the few (or not so few) greedy people out there. But people still have to accept that shipping prices have gone through the ceiling in the past year.

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Hey tdearth,

"Well, somebody reported me to RCGroups for making a personal attack
in this post. I wonder who did that. I am supposed to edit it but I do not see the personal attack.
"

It wasn't me that reported your post. I would have sent a PM to you if I had intended to carry our conversation any further. Not me !!

Old_dude
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:16 PM
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdearth
Well, somebody reported me to RCGroups for making a personal attack
in this post. I wonder who did that. I am supposed to edit it but I do not see the personal attack............................................ ...........

All I see is a someone that thinks he can state his mind "pet peeve" but wants to hear no rebuttal. If he had not attacked my simple statement about the true costs of shipping ..........................................
Tim

Tim

Sir Tim,

False assumptions leading to false accusations presuming a lack of character on my part are certainly not warranted. You should consider the fact that the administrators ARE
aware of the party that reported you.

Old_dude
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:56 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett
I think the high shipping can work out , its the TOTAL cost that you should look at , and screwing ebay out of a little money cant be bad , can it ? I bought a very nice 2 transmitter alum case on ebay , was .01 for the case and 19.99 shipping , total 20.00...much cheaper than anywhere else . but it is pretty much case by case...Dennis
And that is a dangerous way to look at things. Ok, let's say you bought the item of your dreams on feebay for $20. ($0.01 for the item and $19.99 shipping) It arrived defective. The seller clearly states shipping fees are not refundable.

What happens if that item is broken or defective. Sure the seller will be happy to refund you 1 cent...

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:58 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson144
I like the new feed back policy. It has always been my policy to leave buyer feedback as soon as the money arrived. It's always worked for me. If I do my job in packing and quick shipping I've found they are always happy.
Personally I hate the new feedback policy. Since it was implemented I've had an uptick of about 200% in non-paying bidders. I guess they figure there is nothing I as a seller can do to them.

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:55 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Hey tdearth,

"Well, somebody reported me to RCGroups for making a personal attack
"

It wasn't me that reported your post. I would have sent a PM to you if I had intended to carry our conversation any further. Not me !!

Old_dude
I apologize old dude.
It has been a bad month. That is no excuse, but I seem to have taken it out on you.

Tim
Closed Thread