HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:56 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,312 Posts
i build your circuit and messed around with charge currents and imput voltage levels.
Im afraid the way you drive the led is flawed. Its way to easy to get too much current flowing through the base of T3
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:30 AM
Joined Mar 2006
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
i build your circuit and messed around with charge currents and imput voltage levels.
Im afraid the way you drive the led is flawed. Its way to easy to get too much current flowing through the base of T3
Thanks for notice. My up-dated circuit can't work, I deleted it. But I confirm, my first circuit can work.
Peterfly is offline Find More Posts by Peterfly
Old Feb 23, 2010, 04:13 AM
Joined Oct 2007
108 Posts
hello,

I'm going to build the "advanced" version of the charger from the first post.
But I want to power him with a few small solarpanels, with a low charge current.

It will charge a small lipo in an autonymous robot (recharging station)

will this work or is this a no go situation?

grtz
Jacar
hyper-dart is offline Find More Posts by hyper-dart
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,488 Posts
It should work, though, at 1C rate, you have to be able to get a solar panel that can provide enough charging current, so basically, if you want to be able to charge a 1000mah battery at 8.4V, you'll need a pretty huge solar panel. But with a low charge current (let say .1C), that would be a decent size. I could see this being a decent thing for charging a Parkzone Vapor 1S 70mah battery. The panel would be rather small, and could likely even work with indoor lighting (if big enough).
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler