SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Question
Giant 1/4 Scale DHC-2 Beaver from Unionville Hobbies

I like to know if anyone on here has built and flown or bought an flown this 144" wingspan model?. I am looking to get one of these beasts and would like to know from other giant Beaver owners what they say about there models..

Thanks in Advance.
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5 Posts
Also Looking To build

I have a set of plans to scratch build the 144" complete with floats that I will be starting next year. I will be building a smaller version first to see any possible areas that will require special attention structurally in the larger model. Let me know if you get the kit and what your thoughts are on engine selection. I want mine to be as scale sounding and flying as possible and I know these things have tons of power in the full scale.
jmen24 is offline Find More Posts by jmen24
Old Jan 03, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
I have not seen the Beaver kit. I did pick up the 8' otter kit. I have not had the chance to build it yet. It seems very complete and part cut out looks good. All hand done. (no lazer cuts) The wing come's with two option's. Flap's/Aliron and Full Flap Aliron's. If I remember right some of the leading edges need to be shaped as that has not been done.

There is another Beaver kit I found 104" all lazer cut. I don't know of anyone that has done a kit like this.

https://mraerodesign.securicom.ca/en...fm?ProduitID=2
rcmodelman is offline Find More Posts by rcmodelman