HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2007
123 Posts
Discussion
Nitroplanes.com - Where did Customer Service Go?

OK... after much shopping and deliberation, I ordered a new ARTF from Nitroplanes.com.... all good... no worries...

Then today I get an email saying that while the Credit Card was approved, since it was over $100 (what is not nowadays), I need to send them.... GET THIS... a scan of my Drivers License and Credit Card????

Now, not only is this highly unusual, anyone in today's market who would send someone a scanned copy of their driver's license and credit card is extraordinarily foolish or living under a rock.

I called them, was put on hold for over 10 minutes, explained my concern, offered the security code, etc… but to no avail.. I asked for a manager, and was then told “they would tell you the same thing”… and to add insult to injury, I was then lectured on security and told it would take “some time” to cancel my order….

What an unfortunate first and last experience with this company.
bonefisher is offline Find More Posts by bonefisher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:51 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
I have had good luck with Nitro Planes. They have always offered a solution when there has been a problem.

I today’s society maybe you should be happy that they we concerned enough to make sure who you were.

Many people obtain credit card numbers and ruin people’s credit.

Hope you get it resolved.
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:18 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2007
123 Posts
???

Racer1....

No issue with customer service and protection... in fact, it is what I do for a living... but in checking with banks, financial institutions, and credit card companies.... EVERYONE, WITHOUT EXCEPTION said that requesting scans of licenses and credit cards is an ABSOLUTE NO NO....

This being said, if they had been cool or nice about why, then fine... but that is far from what they did...

Hope your continued luck with them is better than mine... in today's customer driven world, I will vote with my wallet.
bonefisher is offline Find More Posts by bonefisher
Last edited by bonefisher; Sep 15, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 01:50 AM
Formerly Denver. Now West Bend, WI
Joined Dec 2005
2,061 Posts
Has anyone else been asked for this (drivers license, etc)? I was going to order from them, but I don't want to supply them with this either.
LuckyDuc is offline Find More Posts by LuckyDuc
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:00 AM
Hobe Sound,FL
Joined Jul 2000
90 Posts
No Problem

I have ordered six times and never been asked any questions,but I ordered online, always good fast service,never got any broken boxes or parts. Maybe something new but sounds a little odd. Paul
maineflyer is online now Find More Posts by maineflyer
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:49 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Just had 2 online orders within the past 2 weeks, and was not asked any of that info
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:57 AM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,466 Posts
I used Paypal checkout as well with them. It's my favorite online store from now on.
Great prices.`Looks like they are going to kill some, if not all, high margin online stores.
It was about time anyway.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:13 PM
Formerly Denver. Now West Bend, WI
Joined Dec 2005
2,061 Posts
Man.

I think I need to order the F-18 too now

Viva $80-$100 airframes.
LuckyDuc is offline Find More Posts by LuckyDuc