HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:43 PM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
Discussion
18 Km fpv flight easy-glyder plane ,868 DMD system ,2,4 video

Tron and is friend packov , flown 17 Km away a couple days ago with is 868 system ,but unfortunately they were to low ( just 300mts ) ,loose video and lost the plane ....they recover it yesterday (radio-beacon on board) and after that they fly 18Km away and return safely ...this time they climb a little more .... ¡ Congratulations !
Here is the video of the 17 Km flight and ¡ recover mission ! ja,ja
Record FPV 17.5Km (8 min 50 sec)

On screen ,first line on the up-right : altitude ,second line : distance home
albertocvr is offline Find More Posts by albertocvr
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2008, 02:21 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,819 Posts
Nice work!
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:57 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,116 Posts
that was amazing. Must have been a scary ride once it started falling. The video came and went sporadically. *cue sinking feeling in gut*
aaron_gx is offline Find More Posts by aaron_gx
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,428 Posts
Ahhh...proof of the wisdom of an RTL function when pushing the limits of your radio's control.

Nice work! Very impressive range.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Sep 16, 2008, 07:05 AM
Denmark
Joined Jan 2007
100 Posts
Nice flight! What antenna did they use for video receiver? What radio beacon are they using to find plane again?, how its range?
The only ones i found have a short range like 500meters when plane is on ground.
LoopForEver is offline Find More Posts by LoopForEver
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,652 Posts
Vive España !!! Que bonito cuenta hicieron en el video No se porque, pero por un país pequeño, España tiene mucho actividad en FPV, nos están ganando... Unos cosas que yo aprendí de volar distancias largos… Primero el video y el radio se cambia con el orientación del avión, cara rato hay que voltear el avión en un circulo para asegurar que hay video y control en todos los rumbos. Es muy común tener buen video a un rumbo y muy mal cuando estas volviendo. Necesitan mas poder de video y radio también, un transmisor del video de 1000 mW es el mismo tamaño y te da mejor video por largas distancias. 500 mW de radio mando es muy poco, no pueden comprar el amplificadora de 7 watts que venden ¿ Mas que nada, un Dragón OSD que es mejor, con el auto return fialsafe, y debes que ajustar el failsafe para que el avión se regresa y se sube mas alto cara minuto es muy necesario. Si yo no tiene este fialsafe, yo ha iba perdido 100 aviones ya ¡

Puedes poner fotos de todo tu equipo, avión detalles, antenas, equipo de tierra ¿ Mas que nada, cual radio locutor usaron ¿ Como hicieron para conseguir el ayuda de los ultraligeros para encontrar el avión, algunos de ustedes vuelen ultraligeros también ¿ Que buen distancia hicieron en tu vuelo, espero que tienen mucho éxito con volar mas y mas largo ¡ Gracias por el video.

JettPilot
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2008, 03:08 PM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
Hi Jett.

They were testing the new firmware for the DMD 868Mhz system ,now they have -100Dbm with 100% useful data and -107Dbm with 10% useful data ( limit). That means that they have increase the receiver sensibility 3 times and just with 500mw ( legal limit ) , and if you want there are a lot of 900 mhz amplifiers ( 5-20-100 W) that you can use at your own risk....They flight on a regular basis to 10-12 Km at just 100-200 mts altitude ... The problem was with the video because they were to low for that distance (<300mts for 17Km ) and the Fresnel zone were probably disrupted . They made the second flight to 18 Km without problem just a little bit higher . Wat I like from this sistem is that you see over osd the signal strengh in Db and the useful data in % . The navigation system is on test by now and of course it will have return home like the Dragon and others . For those flights they use 14Db pach antennas ( they have 24Db grid as yours , but not used ). Concerning power , remember that if you double it ,you just increase 3Db and you need 6-10 Bd to double the distance... so double power not meens double distance..
The ultralight pilots were a couple of friend that help them finding the plane ,personaly I flight a 1:1 scale Airbus ,je ,je , but for leasure I do fpv..

¡ Thank-you for your Spanish !

http://tienda.dmd.es/epages/ea0697.s...ts/Kit869Mhz_1
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,652 Posts
Albert,

I hope they post videos of thier long range success also, whoever did that video did a great job, I hope me makes many more. Que hace sus videos especial es que no solo muestran video del avión, pero además toman video de los gentes, todo el trabajo que hicieron buscando el avión cuando se perdió, y la “ Fiesta “ que hicieron en el fin cuando encentraron el avión.

I did not know that 500 mW was the legal limit, it would be nice even if they could cheat a little bit and bump it up to 2 watts, that would also double the range Con el progreso que están haciendo, me van a ganar bien pronto de distancia. Mi máximo son quince millas todavía. Mi antena de Grid es el mas pequeño, solo es como 15 dBI, se venden unos mas grande, pero no tengo espacio en mi camión por esto y los aviones también. Tengo la tentación volar hasta 20 millas, pero también tengo miedo de perder un avión, si lo pierdo aquí, va a ser en un área inaccesible donde solo un helicóptero puede llegar. Yo también vuelo ultralivianos y experimental, son muy chéveres. De mi español, yo vive tres anos en Perú. Mi primero esposa fue latina, me esposa ahora es latina, todos mis novias también son latinas. No me aguanto las mujeres americanas

Espero que tus amigos tienen mucho suerte con sus vuelos de larga distancia, me alegro mucho que están haciendo el trabajo para avanzar nuestro afición. Por favor sigue poniendo los cuentos de ellos aquí para que todos pueden ver.

JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Last edited by JettPilot; Sep 17, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
Joined Nov 2007
547 Posts
That was awesome, not trying to be negative but 300m-500m is still high enough to colide with a real aircraft. How do they overcome that problem? Are they in radio contact with general air traffic?
talkthetorque is offline Find More Posts by talkthetorque
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkthetorque
That was awesome, not trying to be negative but 300m-500m is still high enough to colide with a real aircraft. How do they overcome that problem? Are they in radio contact with general air traffic?
Its a little foam airplane... THOUSANDS of birds bigger and heavier than that airplane fly at those altitudes every day. If its to dangerous to have one foam airplane at that altitude for 20 minutes, then its far to dangerous to fly with thousands of birds up there all day long. In other words, dont be paranoid about something that is just not that big a risk. Your wife puts more people in danger every times she drives to get her hair done.

JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:06 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
airline planes descend to 500 meters just when they are ready to land...
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Sep 20, 2008, 07:06 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Your wife puts more people in danger every times she drives to get her hair done.

JettPilot

LOL

......and a big truth They´re flying at Ultralights height, and they did only pass this limit as a short range test, and only by some meters. Not something to worry about as some altitute records we have seen in the web

Andres
AndrésMtnez is offline Find More Posts by AndrésMtnez
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:04 AM
albertocvr
Joined Jan 2007
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrésMtnez
LOL

......and a big truth They´re flying at Ultralights height, and they did only pass this limit as a short range test, and only by some meters. Not something to worry about as some altitute records we have seen in the web

Andres
That´s it
Now they are trying to choose the range ( for control and video ) at just 300mts agl to stay under legal limits .....and of-course out of controlled airspace
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:05 AM
Smoke on , go !
Verona - Italy
Joined Jan 2007
2,527 Posts
Alberto, no offense for you but I think your flights are dangerous and stupid. This has been discussed also in Italian forum and 100% of the people in that thread think the same. Plus showing it here it's another stupid thing in my opinion. I invite you to be more responsable and at least to do not show off these adventures online.
zaguruinzasky is offline Find More Posts by zaguruinzasky
Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:06 AM
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Its a little foam airplane... THOUSANDS of birds bigger and heavier than that airplane fly at those altitudes every day. If its to dangerous to have one foam airplane at that altitude for 20 minutes, then its far to dangerous to fly with thousands of birds up there all day long. In other words, dont be paranoid about something that is just not that big a risk. Your wife puts more people in danger every times she drives to get her hair done.

JettPilot
Stupid answer...

So why don't kill all the birds in the sky? and for safety kill all deer, rabbit, chicken that can cross your way, they are dangerous!

Please remain serious, sending an Rc airplane 17, 20 or 50 Km out have not sense!
Why not put a camera in RC car and drive it through an highway? It's little, what injuries can bring to a big car or truck?

This post attest only irresponsibility of some modeler, and the worse thing is the admiration of other members.
gualtierico is offline Find More Posts by gualtierico
Closed Thread