HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:13 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
ran across a strange bug flying today... when I tried to turn off the display, it would begin flashing and I couldnt recover without a power cycle.

http://www.vimeo.com/6120579

the audio was also VERY slow.. I expected it to begin singing "Daisy... Daisy...."
I had this happen while I was ckin the audio...
I think it was because I set the display to "off" and the screen "on " for alerts...what happens is the screen goes off then the alert turns it back on then display off ..over and over..now the time to switch pages makes it blink slower or faster....

just ck your settings for display..

RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:37 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,011 Posts
Hi downeym, that bug is also very familiar to me as well, including the audio aspect. I have no idea what causes it but now I'm glad to know I'm not alone on that one.
I've posted a couple of videos for Eagletree to have a look at so I expect there working on it.

cheers Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Aug 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
Electric Addict
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,170 Posts
ah... your explanation would make sense... I was in an alarm state for mAh...

Of course the problem is when you flip the switch again to turn it back on it wont respond.

The expected behavior would be to turn off the OSD, notice the alarm, turn it back on and leave it back on due to the alarm condition...
downeym is online now Find More Posts by downeym
Old Aug 17, 2009, 02:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
flashing screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
ah... your explanation would make sense... I was in an alarm state for mAh...

Of course the problem is when you flip the switch again to turn it back on it wont respond.

The expected behavior would be to turn off the OSD, notice the alarm, turn it back on and leave it back on due to the alarm condition...
yes i agree...i had it on the bench when it did it for me and you couldn't get to the display screen to undo it..
had to pull the power to reset it... ..cant do that "in flite"

next day or 2 ill be flyin my pro osd to try it out....
let you know how it goes.....

hey how do you post pics and vids on here..?

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:27 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
I have noticed a bug i think.

Since:
Version 7.75/OSD Pro FW 1.35 (16-July, 2009) - OSD Pro white/black level re-enable, support for PC update of on-screen settings

setting up the on-screen parameters, is not 100% working.

That means i am setting up showing the GPS Coordinates when trouble, through the computer.
Looking in the settings on the on-screen parameters with Aux1/2 the value shows something like: "Eagletree"
Same for Safetymode. Set up RTH, it shows Distance!

Looking back at the settings with the computer, it shows the right values.

Another question is about RTH.
I have an Easystar with FMA Co-Pilot without servo buffer and a futaba 1410dp PCM receiver. So normally i should use a servo buffer, but it works also with channel 2 and 4 (signals are not send on the same time, like on channel 1 and 2)
When i activate RTH, how are the signals send to the Co-Pilot.
Same time or shifted?
Because in the Artificial Horizon menu, i can set up CPD4-without servo buffer.

RTH turns my plane with Copilot off, but when the Co-Pilot is on, the plane flies straight forward, maybe i must increase the values for turn rate, because the Co-Pilot stabilizes too much.

Another question is about the new TURN function in the Safety Mode menu.
How is it working?
Is this already the feature to find the right RTH values in the air?

thanks
Blue
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:48 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000
I have noticed a bug i think.
Looking in the settings on the on-screen parameters with Aux1/2 the value shows something like: "Eagletree"
Same for Safetymode. Set up RTH, it shows Distance!

Looking back at the settings with the computer, it shows the right values.
I think I've seen what you are describing. Try changing the value in the OSD instead of the application then leave the menus and come back. The menu should return to a normal value. You might want to cycle through 'all' of your menu items looking for any that might have gotten messed up. Or, you 'might' try doing a Factory Reset although that will require you to set everything up again.

Quote:
Another question is about RTH.
I have an Easystar with FMA Co-Pilot without servo buffer and a futaba 1410dp PCM receiver. So normally i should use a servo buffer, but it works also with channel 2 and 4 (signals are not send on the same time, like on channel 1 and 2)
When i activate RTH, how are the signals send to the Co-Pilot.
Same time or shifted?
Because in the Artificial Horizon menu, i can set up CPD4-without servo buffer.

RTH turns my plane with Copilot off, but when the Co-Pilot is on, the plane flies straight forward, maybe i must increase the values for turn rate, because the Co-Pilot stabilizes too much.
When you turn ON the feature in the OSD menus that says you are using the CPD-4 without a servo buffer, the OSD will serialize (shift) the signals so that the CPD-4 does not freak out. It achieves this by using part of the audio hardware and so just be aware that audio announcements will not work during RTH if you have set this menu to Yes.

If you turn on the CoPilot you will almost certainly have to increase your RTH gain settings because, as you say, the CoPilot is stabalizing the plane and so requires greater inputs to make the plane turn.

Quote:
Another question is about the new TURN function in the Safety Mode menu.
How is it working?
Is this already the feature to find the right RTH values in the air?
Bill can answer this but I have not heard of that feature being implemented.
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Aug 18, 2009, 02:08 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
cvandenb, glad the PAL improvements are working well for you. That's great news!

downey, this can only be attributable to human error. http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/wav/error.wav As you surmised, this is a firmware bug, where one part of the firmware wants to turn the OSD off, and the other is trying to turn it on. Anyone who's been married for a while can relate to this. :-) We'll get it fixed in the next release. Sorry about that!

BlueAngel2000, it does sound like you are hitting a bug with the PC menus. We'll try to reproduce this and we will get it fixed if we can get a repro. if you can find a particular sequence that causes it, that would be great information.

I am not familiar with a "TURN" feature in the menus either. I am wondering if the problem you hit above is causing the word "RETURN" to be displayed as "TURN?"

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2009, 02:22 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Hello billpa:

The Pal screen is selectable or is automatic? If selectable where is the option?

About the RSSI:
It will be possible to read analogic rssi?, I am planning to adquire 869 long range system (from dmd) Untill now the DMD systems only give digital rssi, but I consult to this company and they confirm me that is possible to put out analogic RSSI.
I would like to use the eagle tree osd with the DMD long range system and I would need if you can confirm that the rssi reader you are making will be able to read the analogic rssi from the dmd System.

Thank you

Best regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Aug 18, 2009, 02:43 AM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,504 Posts
Hi Lads,

I am sorry if this has been discussed before... but how badly will the GPS affect 900Mhz video?

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:15 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
Hi Lads,

I am sorry if this has been discussed before... but how badly will the GPS affect 900Mhz video?

Cheers
-J
The GPS receives only, so it won't affect 900Mhz video. Some have had problems with 900Mhz video TX's affecting their GPS. I haven't had problems in my installations with this.
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:50 AM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb
The GPS receives only, so it won't affect 900Mhz video. Some have had problems with 900Mhz video TX's affecting their GPS. I haven't had problems in my installations with this.

Hmm.. Well remember my really good 1000m+ flight?? Well today I could only get out to about 200m when the video would break up badly!!

Check this out...

Bad Video Interference!! (1 min 33 sec)

I have no idea why. I have not changed ANYTHING since that first flight - so I don't know what is going on.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:10 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,267 Posts
You could try making an antenna like this one that is successful for OMM: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post12897151
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:23 AM
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Tests done on the ground! Why negative altitude?
Habits of the Chinese people for the South! How do I set up for display on the south to the north?

老鹰树OSD地面测试 (5 min 21 sec)

Ignorance! Not made the video! Who can tell me how to made the video?
china_fei is offline Find More Posts by china_fei
Last edited by china_fei; Aug 18, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:02 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by china_fei
Tests done on the ground! Why negative altitude?
Habits of the Chinese people for the South! How do I set up for display on the south to the north?

http://vimeo.com/6129229

Ignorance! Not made the video! Who can tell me how to made the video?
Try this:

Menu -> GPS and Waypoint Settings -> Require 3D GPS Fix: Yes
Menu -> GPS and Waypoint Settings -> Seconds to Wait Post GPS Fix: 30

Then turn the OSD off and then on. See if that helps.
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
624 Posts
Servo wiring for copilot and elogger/osd

Hi

I would like to use the FMA copilot for flight stabilization to aid the RTH and eventially for the Sensor to drive articial horizon.

In preperation can you point me to how one would wire the servo wires between the two systems. would the servo output of the copilot go to the respective servo inputs on the osd/elogger or would the OSD/Logger go first with outputs to co-pilot.

Also, I know serveral have asked for a temporary wiring /splicing diagram for the cdp4 sensor and the e-logger/osd for artificial horizon. I recognize that an interface board has been in plans and or in production - until that is available can someone show the unofficial - use at your own risk - splicing to get this tested out.

Thanks
Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100