HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:17 AM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,200 Posts
The output of the osdpro audio is line level which is much too high for a microphone level input if indeed thats what you transmitter is looking for. Please tell us what xmitter you are using.
Be sure in the audio config menue that you have Mute External Audio set to YES.
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
hi
Tom in Cincy :
I have a 2.4g tx from Range Video...
I have the ext audio muted..set to yes..
what I get is clear vid untill the voice--then it is static but i can here the voice and my vid gets lines in it...this goes away as soon as the voice stops..
all lvls are at 1..

is the osd output overloading the audio on my tx..??

and I dont have a gps unit yet...besides voice alerts ...is there any things I can do that are not on the old osd...
looks like without gps theres nothing eles to use...

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,200 Posts
It may be overloading. What is the power level of the RangeVideo. He has several different models.
Also , have you listened to the audio out of the Osd Pro on a set of powered computer speakers to make sure it is clean. They take line level input.
UPDATE: . I have the 200mw Range Video transmitter and it exhibits these same characteristics you describe when it is over driven with audio. I put a 10k resistor in the audio line and set the level to 2 on the osd and the problem went away.
Tom in Cincy is offline Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Last edited by Tom in Cincy; Aug 13, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:53 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,943 Posts
I made severals flights in two days with the OSDpro, weather conditions was ideal for flying.

I changed some setting in the OSDpro. The female voice is replace by the male voice, altitude is display in the first osd screen to be able to heard voice alert at 400 feets, if I put the altitude on the second page, voice alert do not work like said previously. Battery pack is adjust at 9.2V, it was 9.0V. It’s still too low, I barely have time to land, I will adjust it at 9.4V for next flight.

I choosed voluntary to put voice alarm setting too high or too low to be able to heard them at the same time. Only the word Ampere is not audible. Temperature, battery pack, altitude are clearly audible, it was not audible with the female voice.

Altitude in this video is around 20 feet off at landing, that’s very good. But after some flights yesterday it was 75 feet off at landing. I removed the wing since yesterday, perhaps the little hose coming from the pitot tube was lightly squeeze yesterday, I will be sure of the accuracy after severals days of flying. Airspeed work well, very usefull in some aerobatics. But at landing I’m so concentrate on the runway, I always forget to check airspeed causing most of time not perfect landing. I think with the audible airspeed, landing will be perfect near each time. Check my landing, my battery was too low compare to normal flight, I was not knowing my speed was lower and the plane bump lightly at landing because of that.

I will power the Data recorder with a 4.8V battery for the next flight to see if a pure source of DC make a difference in the accuracy of the altimeter. After plugging the battery, it drift enough to require to replug the battery just before take-off for another calibration, perhaps with better voltage source it will not happen. I will try also to power the Data recorder by the usb port.

password: cap232

CAP232 Eagletree OSDpro flight test (6 min 26 sec)
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Last edited by VRflyer; Sep 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Cincy
It may be overloading. What is the power level of the RangeVideo. He has several different models.
Also , have you listened to the audio out of the Osd Pro on a set of powered computer speakers to make sure it is clean. They take line level input.
UPDATE: . I have the 200mw Range Video transmitter and it exhibits these same characteristics you describe when it is over driven with audio. I put a 10k resistor in the audio line and set the level to 2 on the osd and the problem went away.

hey sounds right too me...ill try it and let you know...1/4 watt resister is ok??

tkx
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:53 AM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
454 Posts
Issues with airspeed and altitude ladders and distance to home

Hi everyone, I'm having issues with the airspeed and altitude ladders and distance to home. I get the speed and altitude numeric readouts but the ladders are inactive. Oh, my climb and vario gauges are inactive as well. The distance to home is always 16384 (or very close).

The GPS altitude numeric readout was working correctly my last flight after I set the "Use Altimeter for RTH/Ladder" and "Use Pitot for RTH/Ladder" to no.
I have a feeling I screwed up a setting in the "GPS and Waypoint Settings Menu" or the "Configure OSD Display Menu".

Here's a video demonstrating my issues in a previous flight.

FPV Easy Glider 2nd flight (08/09/09) (12 min 12 sec)

I'll upload the latest video shortly.

Otherwise I'm quite happy with my Eagle Tree setup

PS: I have the Data Logger V3, OSD PRO and GPS V3, no pitot or barometer.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Last edited by g00bd0g; Aug 14, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:59 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g
Hi everyone, I'm having issues with the airspeed and altitude ladders and distance to home. I get the speed and altitude numeric readouts but the ladders are inactive. Oh, my climb and vario gauges are inactive as well. The distance to home is always 16384 (or very close).

The GPS altitude numeric readout was working correctly my last flight after I set the "Use Altimeter for RTH/Ladder" and "Use Pitot for RTH/Ladder" to no.
I have a feeling I screwed up a setting in the "GPS and Waypoint Settings Menu" or the "Configure OSD Display Menu".

Here's a video demonstrating my issues in a previous flight.
PS: I have the Data Logger V3, OSD PRO and GPS V3, no pitot or barometer.
If you are using a GPS and do not have the barometric altimeter or airspeed indicator then you definitely want to have "Use Altimeter for RTH/Ladder" and "Use Pitot for RTH/Ladder" set to No in the menus. If in the video that you posted you had those set to Yes then that would cause the problem you're seeing.

Also, when you arranged your parameters using the Eagle Tree application, did you add "Altitude" and "Airspeed" or did you add "GPS Altitude" and "GPS Airspeed". You have to select the "GPS..." ones so check that as well.

As for your distance to home. You might need to try setting the menu options that tell the OSD to require at least 4 or 5 satellites and to wait something like 30 seconds after a lock before initializing. This will help ensure that you get a good GPS lock and 'might' help with the distance to home.

Best of luck to you!
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:44 AM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
454 Posts
Yes this seemed to be the problem. I really thought I had double checked those setting but I went back and sho' 'nuff they were set to yes. Do you have to exit the menus or something to get it to save the settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Bill
If you are using a GPS and do not have the barometric altimeter or airspeed indicator then you definitely want to have "Use Altimeter for RTH/Ladder" and "Use Pitot for RTH/Ladder" set to No in the menus. If in the video that you posted you had those set to Yes then that would cause the problem you're seeing.

Also, when you arranged your parameters using the Eagle Tree application, did you add "Altitude" and "Airspeed" or did you add "GPS Altitude" and "GPS Airspeed". You have to select the "GPS..." ones so check that as well.

As for your distance to home. You might need to try setting the menu options that tell the OSD to require at least 4 or 5 satellites and to wait something like 30 seconds after a lock before initializing. This will help ensure that you get a good GPS lock and 'might' help with the distance to home.

Best of luck to you!
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:01 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,272 Posts
I've had settings apparently re-set themselves before. Not sure what triggers it.
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
oh yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Cincy

that did it ....works ok now...

still get some static after its on a while but I think thats the tx getting hot cause its not in the air..

tkx
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
my setup

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]this is a heads up help note

for anybody thats using a 12v camera and a 5v tx..or vice versa....
I put a voltage regulator from radio shack (5v one) on the side of my plane with a heat sink...works great...I have a another battery that powers the cam/tx setup.its a small 11.1v 1200mah from a heli...the Vista ( sailplane wingspan 78.5" )needs weight up front cause I took out the motor and put a EDF unit ( 33mm ducted fan ) between the wings on top...no more broken props and motor when I land a little nose down it works great and flies better...will put up pic if can..
Old Aug 14, 2009, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
npole, re delivery dates of more OSD Pro, we are supposed to receive more units on Monday, 24 August, and it will take us a few days to get those shipped. So, we are a little bit behind schedule. Sorry for delay! Will post if the status changes.

RocketJoe, sorry to hear about your audio issue, but glad the 10K inline resistor fixed it. What I think we will do in the next build is add this to the board, since the audio volume can always be increased if needed. This should solve both the "hot mic" and "hot voice" issues.

KnimRod, sorry to hear about your crash! Glad there was no damage and the 2nd flight went better.

VRflyer, thanks for posting these amazing videos. I can't help but grin when I see the little pilot manipulating the controls. That's really incredible.
Regarding your audio issues, I see at least two bugs:
a) we need some hysteresis/time delay for the voice alarms. The problem is that a new voice alert gets queued up each time a limit is crossed, and that's bad if the parameter in question is right around the limit. Will get this addressed, hopefully this weekend.
b) since we are queuing all these unnecessary voice alerts, the voice alert buffer is getting full, which causes the issues with voice at the end of the flights, I think. This will be addressed with "a" above.
Regarding your altimeter issues, if the recorder's temperature is changing right after power-up, there can be some drift. The easiest way to address this is to turn the system off and on a few minutes after you first power up the system, especially if the plane has been moved to an area that has a big temperature difference (from your air conditioned car to the field on a hot day, for example). That should reset the altimeter, and it should not drift much after that.

g00bd0g, it's necessary to select the "Exit" choice at the bottom of the display menu page, to save the settings. If somehow the settings were made, but then you powered off, or the menu timed out, then the settings would not have been saved.

Menu settings should never reset themselves, assuming they were changed. One of our upgrades a few weeks ago forced this to happen, but that should never be necessary again.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Aug 14, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:26 AM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Hi Billpa,

I've finally had a chance to test the latest software with the PAL camera support. Its brilliant.. It spaces the parameters really well across the screen and makes use of every inch, much better.

Cant wait to get it in the air and get some nice shots.

Thanks again..
cvandenb is offline Find More Posts by cvandenb
Old Aug 15, 2009, 02:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
npole, re delivery dates of more OSD Pro, we are supposed to receive more units on Monday, 24 August
I can't wait bill.. i'm pretty stuck because my BSOSD gps stopped to work a couple of week ago, so im basically flying around my field and getting bored... ..my order is just sitting there at hobbykings with all the other stuff (gps.. altimeter.. and so on). grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Cheers.
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:30 PM
Electric Addict
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,170 Posts
ran across a strange bug flying today... when I tried to turn off the display, it would begin flashing and I couldnt recover without a power cycle.

http://www.vimeo.com/6120579

the audio was also VERY slow.. I expected it to begin singing "Daisy... Daisy...."
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym