Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 09, 2009, 10:21 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
Hi Bill

I installed the Data recorder and osd pro in my CAP232 this week and made few flights with it yesterday and today. It is absolutly awesome to fly with it. The precision of the barometric pressure sensor is very good, they help me already in some aerobatics. The data are very clean and easy to read. I did not install the GPS in my CAP, it will be useless. But I will also use this system in my F-16 later this season, then I will use the GPS in it.

I did not make a video yet, I'm still in the fine tunning adjustement.

When the voltage was going bellow the voltage preset for voice alert, the voice begin to repeat for 1 to 6 time in a row the same message like VOLTAGE 8.5 VOLT. The voltage of the main battery fluctuate a lot, I don't know if I can do something to avoid consecutive repeating of the message, one time would be enough. Perhaps it's possible to do something in the firmware?

Bill you said it would be possible to set metric or us on each parameter individually. I do not ask so much, but at least to be able to choose metric for all the parameter and use use altitude in feet?

I saw in the data recorder manual that is possible for the wireless dashboard to configure Landing Speed Variable Beeps, but it is not possible with the osd pro.

This is the text copied in te data recorder manual for the wireless dashboard:

To set up a notification alarm which will begin beeping slowly at the specified airspeed, and increase down to a very rapid
beep at half the specified airspeed, follow the steps below:
1) Select the “Speed” parameter, and enable it.
2) Click “Low Alarm Enabled” button.
3) Enter the speed at which you wish the Dashboard to begin beeping slowly, as the Alarm Trigger value.
4) Click the “Enable a varying beep rate for this alarm” button.

Many person will like to use that feature to know when the plane begin to approch stall speed at landing, but also in flight. I would use it also in some aerobatic figure. Is it possible to add it on the osd pro?
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2009, 11:04 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
463 Posts
I just got back from the 2nd flight of my new Eagle Tree OSD PRO equipped FPV Easy Fly. For some reason the home arrow arrow and distance seem to be messed up as well as the speed and altitude ladders. Maybe I didn't get a good GPS fix? How do I know if my gps is ready to go? It worked well for the first flight...

Video Posted!

FPV Easy Glider 2nd flight (08/09/09) (12 min 12 sec)

I think I figured out my gps/home issues, I had the following options enabled.

Use Altimeter for RTH/Ladder:
Use Pitot for RTH/Ladder:

I turned them back off (as I don't have the barometer or pitot) and the home function and ladder guages seem to be working again.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Last edited by g00bd0g; Aug 10, 2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:14 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Good day BillPa,

my suggestions about displaying flight times in a different variations, do you remember?
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:09 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
791 Posts
Billpa, you should be able to use two of this input on eLogger v3 (Temp1, Temp2, Temp3 and Throttle) to get the video battery voltage and the RSSI function.

I hope to use this way.
Neo360 is online now Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:21 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
791 Posts
Billpa, look the graphical compass with the 1.38 firmware

Last edited by Neo360; Aug 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
VRflyer, thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the repeating voice alarms, when your voltage fluctuates, yes we need to find a way to fix that. We need to add some hysteresis to the trigger, or add a repeat time. I have opened a bug on that and we will get it fixed. Do you know approximately how much variation you are seeing in your voltage (for example, does it jump from 8.3 to 8.6 volts, or more/less?).

We also have the feature of individually choosing metric/english units on the list.

Yes, we will also add the stall speed feature to the OSD Pro. That's a nice feature to have when doing FPV!

RCWingFlyer, sorry, I missed your feature requests for times. I have now added those to our feature list.

Neo360, we will be releasing a new add-on board for RSSI measurement, at least for Thomas's LR transmitter. There is a problem when using the eLogger temperature input directly with Thomas's transmitter.

Regarding the compass problem above, if you disconnect power from your system, and re-apply power, is the compass correct?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Do you know approximately how much variation you are seeing in your voltage (for example, does it jump from 8.3 to 8.6 volts, or more/less?).
I will record a video of my flight, a picture worth one thousand words, imagine a video...
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:10 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,653 Posts
Quote:
Neo360, we will be releasing a new add-on board for RSSI measurement, at least for Thomas's LR transmitter. There is a problem when using the eLogger temperature input directly with Thomas's transmitter.

So Bill... Is there any way to read any RSSI data from Thomas's System right now?

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The_Mongrel; Aug 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:18 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Regarding the compass problem above, if you disconnect power from your system, and re-apply power, is the compass correct?
Cycling the power fixed the issue for me and is probably why I didn't see a difference in the 1.37 Alpha firmware when I tried that.. However, every time I make some change to the display now, the offsets get screwed up until I power cycle the OSD again..
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Mongrel, right now there is no way to read the RSSI from Thomas's system (but we're working on it!).

Knimrod, correct, immediately after changing the settings the display would be incorrect, but after the first power cycle, the display should be correct.

But, this was annoying, so I just fixed it. :-) Version 7.81 has the fix:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:17 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Hi every one

Finally I change the video TX. Lawmate (before) vs Airwave (now)

I think there is big diference about the quaility, not only for the OSD also for the video quality. anyway i think my old lawmate tx was a little "tired" after two years and various crashes.

In the first video i try for first time to active also some voice alarms and variometer... I like this feature.

Airwawe 500mw:

Nº 26 - Persecución FPV en ladera: e-hawk vs Petrel 5m (4 min 6 sec)

Lawmate 500mw:

Nº25- Vejer de la Frontera. E-hawk 2200 fpv (9 min 44 sec)

Best regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:57 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
791 Posts
Quote:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
You have now released this addon? Work on Futaba 2.4ghz Rx?

If you want I can try with my TX use the input temp on the elogger, which I say that I have to make. Maybe on the futaba in 2.4ghz should be!
Last edited by Neo360; Aug 11, 2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:32 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Knimrod, correct, immediately after changing the settings the display would be incorrect, but after the first power cycle, the display should be correct.

But, this was annoying, so I just fixed it. :-) Version 7.81 has the fix:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe
That did the trick! Thanx!
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:01 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiof
Hi every one

Finally I change the video TX. Lawmate (before) vs Airwave (now)

I think there is big diference about the quaility, not only for the OSD also for the video quality. anyway i think my old lawmate tx was a little "tired" after two years and various crashes.

In the first video i try for first time to active also some voice alarms and variometer... I like this feature.

Airwawe 500mw:

http://vimeo.com/6016246

Lawmate 500mw:

http://vimeo.com/5768536

Best regards

I can't beleive the difference in quality! I always thought the problem was my camera. My video looks the same as yours, but my Tx is <1yr old and has been in no crashes. I've always heard good things about Lawmate.
emagnee is offline Find More Posts by emagnee
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Bill, as far as you know/predictable.. the delivery date of the new batch still set for the next week?
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole