HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2009, 05:51 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
I had a problem this afternoon while flying... I was tweaking the RTH mode settings and I accidentally entered the safety wizard... the problem is there was no way to get out of it!

Bill, can you please make change that would allow a timeout or another way to exit the safety wizard? I had to land and unplug the battery to get out of that mode (or go all the way through it)

or even better, don't allow us to enter safety wizard mode while flying!
Same thing for me to
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2009, 11:25 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
The_Mongrel, yes, you can display the servo current sensor as a parameter on the OSD Pro display.

Regarding whether you need a separate battery or BEC, I'd suggest seeing what the servo current sensor reads (max value) and then if that comes anywhere near to the max capability of your ESC's BEC, something would need to be done. But that's just one opinion.

guyavitov, we currently aren't adjusting the rudder based on the elevator, but I've added that to the feature request list.

VRflyer et al, some wavy text is normal in the menus, but NOT on the main screen. If you see any waves on the main screen, could you please post a video? Also, there will be a firmware fix for the waviness in the menu screens later.

VRFlyer, are you connecting the OSD Pro control channels also? the OSD Pro expects those to be connected, or the "receiver not detected" message will appear.

All, regarding invoking the wizard in-flight, I have just made a change that will cause the wizard to time out in 15 seconds, as long as you are on the first page of the wizard. So, if you inadvertently invoke it, just wait, and you will exit automatically to the main screen. This will be in the next version.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 02, 2009, 02:20 AM
Israel
Joined Jun 2008
239 Posts
need some more data !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle Harper
In the OSD menu setup you get to choose which kind of receiver you have. PPM or 2.4/PCM. The difference is how the servos act when signal is lost. Servos on a PPM receiver will jitter slightly and can be physically moved by you when signal is lost. The OSD will detect this jitter and activate its own failsafe or return to home.

For 2.4/PCM receivers (most 2.4 receivers are also PCM by the way), the servos will either lock into a preset position (failsafe) or hold their current position when signal is lost. The is also true for the long range receivers sold in this forum. You get to choose whether you have one or more failsafe channels. What I have done is to set throttle failsafe to below what I normally use for throttle off, and also put this setting on a switch. All other channels I have set for straight and level flight. This way, when the receiver goes into failsafe, the osd will detect the lower setting and activate the return to home. By also putting this setting on a switch I can activate return to home at will from the transmitter without having to turn it off.
Carlyle Harper:
if you can explain in more detail please.

Hello bill.
it his possible to turne on the RTH with switch ?
not in test mode.

moti.
motiganot is offline Find More Posts by motiganot
Last edited by motiganot; Aug 02, 2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2009, 03:57 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer

all the data and graphic generate by the osd waves when I check the picture in my goggle or directly on the TV, I mean they slightly move from left to right, sometime they waves clearly, other time it harder to see. I can upload a video if neccessary. Is it normal ? ( I don't think so)
Hello this wavess are some like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhxi823__s4

Regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Aug 02, 2009, 04:40 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiof
Hello this wavess are some like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhxi823__s4

Regards
Yes you got it, this is exactly what i talk about.
VRflyer is online now Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:07 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,582 Posts
Are you using your V3 logger USB to your computer at the same time? If so, unplug the USB using lipo power only and see if that wave goes away.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
Yes you got it, this is exactly what i talk about.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:32 AM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
motiganot, I am using a PCM Rx and I have the failsafe set to a negative setting on the throttle. I also set a switch on my Tx to achieve the same setting, fooling the OSD into thinking a failsafe occurred. If I want to engage the autopilot, I just set the throttle stick all the way back and flip the switch.

If you are using PPM, I dont see a way to do this...
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Aug 02, 2009, 08:37 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
motiganot, I am using a PCM Rx and I have the failsafe set to a negative setting on the throttle. I also set a switch on my Tx to achieve the same setting, fooling the OSD into thinking a failsafe occurred. If I want to engage the autopilot, I just set the throttle stick all the way back and flip the switch.

I use this method as well and like it. A couple of additional points to remember if you are doing this (and if your receiver supports failsafes):

* It's best to set the OSD to only check 1 failsafe channel. That way if you happen to have some elevator or rudder trim dialed in, it won't prevent RTH from invoking when you flip the switch.

* If your ESC supports auto calibration or auto end point adjustment you might want to disable it. With auto end point adjustment turned on, when the ESC sees the throttle go to the lower than 0 value, it will recalibrate itself to use that value as the new minimum throttle setting. Then, when you flip the switch off, even if you set the throttle stick all of the way down, you will probably find that the motor is still spinning because your original "zero" throttle value is now above what the ESC believes is the minimum value.
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Aug 02, 2009, 01:31 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Are you using your V3 logger USB to your computer at the same time? If so, unplug the USB using lipo power only and see if that wave goes away.
Cheers,
Jim
I use the Data recorder, not the V3 logger. Also everything is wire togheter to simulate a complete Easystar with all servos. I power everything with one 3S lipo. It is not connected to Computer.

I will check it later today. Anyway I can live with it. I fly presently with my Fox with a prop in the picture, and I don't see it inflight, I'm too concentrate on the trees that trying to hit my plane
Old Aug 02, 2009, 02:03 PM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Good day, guys!

BillPa,

Can i ask you to add to the feature list some needed parameters which can be logged and (or) displayed in OSD/OSD Pro and PC screen too:

- session flight time (rezero automatically when main power is off from e-logger) hh:mm:ss
- summary flight time (rezero while user select clear recorder in Windows Application) hh:mm:ss
- Current home time in usual format with GMT correction, which can be set up via onscreen menu (for me in Saint-Petersburg it will be +4 GMT for example) hh:mm:ss

Session flight time is very useful when you trying to find exactly session from e-Logger you whant. The same in flight on the OSD screen!!
Summary flight time can be useful to determine how many time i was spent into the sky today, and how many flight data can be stored into e-Logger memory with my logging preferences.

Current home time can be useful in a long prolong flights with a thermals. If you going to drink beer tonight and whach your favourite TV show, this parameter on the OSD screen will warn you to land soon!!!

Thank you Bill! Hope that's it's not so hard to implement those useful features!

--Sergey
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Aug 02, 2009, 05:38 PM
Israel
Joined Jun 2008
239 Posts
downeym

Quote:

i am using the 149 futaba PCM RX and 9Chp TX but didn't understand
what to do .
Old Aug 02, 2009, 05:52 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
Set the throttle end points to 100/100 and the idle down to 39% on switch C. Then when you go to the servo display page you will see that the throttle stick will go from the top line to the bottom line. Flip switch C with the throttle all the way down and the throttle will go past the top line (negative throttle position)

now go the F/S page and select the throttle channel. put the throttle stick all the way down and flip switch C (setting the throttle to 139 negative) and use this position as the failsafe...

now when you do the safety mode wizard, it will trigger on a -139 throttle position, either when the radio is turned off (failsafe) or when you flip switch C with the throttle stick all the way down.

dont forget to turn off end point calibration on your ESC like reckless bill mentioned.
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:53 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,963 Posts
I had lost my GPS data. I'm doing bench test with my new OSDpro and data recorder. Yesterday I had no problem to aquire satellittes and see the coordinate on the screen. But today I got no coordinate and the distance and arrow show a star (*)

My gps is correctly connected. does it should have a led that flash when it is power?

I updated the firmware again today of the data recorder and the osdpro without getting back the gps info.

can you explain when we need to use the backup power, I power my data recorder using a spare slot in my receiver. But I also tried to power it with an external power supply at 5-6V.
Old Aug 03, 2009, 02:24 AM
SPL
Joined Aug 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Set the throttle end points to 100/100 and the idle down to 39% on switch C. Then when you go to the servo display page you will see that the throttle stick will go from the top line to the bottom line. Flip switch C with the throttle all the way down and the throttle will go past the top line (negative throttle position)

now go the F/S page and select the throttle channel. put the throttle stick all the way down and flip switch C (setting the throttle to 139 negative) and use this position as the failsafe...

now when you do the safety mode wizard, it will trigger on a -139 throttle position, either when the radio is turned off (failsafe) or when you flip switch C with the throttle stick all the way down.

dont forget to turn off end point calibration on your ESC like reckless bill mentioned.
Is it possible with Futaba 7c?
SPL is offline Find More Posts by SPL
Old Aug 03, 2009, 05:06 AM
Israel
Joined Jun 2008
239 Posts
Quote:

downeym

you are talking abut the throttle cutof function on the TX menu ?

Do I need to run safety mode wizard when switch C is activated ?
I am using the jeti 30 ESC donít know if it as this option !

Thank you very much for your help
Last edited by motiganot; Aug 03, 2009 at 06:52 AM.