HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:11 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by china_fei
Who can talk about CPD4 connection in the osd? Schematic diagram of the best there is

Thanks
I second that.
I have a CPD4 here and want to build it into my Easystar.
But how to connect?
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
All, sorry for delayed reply. I have been out of town for the last few days.

Regarding top and bottom spacing on PAL, I believe version 7.79 will address this, but I have not had a chance to adequately test it. So, I'm posting it to our "alpha" tree:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...lpha/setup.exe

Please give it a try if you have a PAL camera, and let me know of any issues. Note that you will likely need to reduce the vertical offset setting in the on-screen menus, since the text will be more "spread out" now for PAL. This adjustment can be done on the PC under the OSD Pro setup page, as well as in the onscreen menus, of course. Note that this change will not affect NTSC.

RCWingFlyer, we certainly plan to provide a stabilization mode when we release support for the stabilization sensors.

guyavitov, china_fei, BlueAngel2000, we will be releasing support for the CDP4 very soon.

Neo360, I am not aware of any way to retrieve the RSSI from Futaba receivers. We will be releasing a sensor for video battery voltage soon that plugs into your OSD Pro.

RCWingFlyer, unfortunately linear accelerometers will likely not be sufficient for stabilizing the plane, since changes in the plane's motion affect the readings, as well as gravitational forces. However, we are going to be releasing an accelerometer for the eLogger soon (we already support this for our recorders) and at that time we can do some experiments to see if the data can be used for very stable planes, for stabilization.

The_Mongrel, sorry to hear about your issue. Leaving a pack connected to your eLogger definitely should not kill it. I do that all the time, sometimes intentionally. :-) I am not sure what went wrong, but if you can email support@eagletreesystems.com, we will get the problem unit checked out and fixed/replaced.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
Joined Jul 2009
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa

Regarding top and bottom spacing on PAL, I believe version 7.79 will address this, but I have not had a chance to adequately test it. So, I'm posting it to our "alpha" tree:

Please give it a try if you have a PAL camera, and let me know of any issues. Note that you will likely need to reduce the vertical offset setting in the on-screen menus, since the text will be more "spread out" now for PAL. This adjustment can be done on the PC under the OSD Pro setup page, as well as in the onscreen menus, of course. Note that this change will not affect NTSC.

RCWingFlyer, we certainly plan to provide a stabilization mode when we release support for the stabilization sensors.

guyavitov, china_fei, BlueAngel2000, we will be releasing support for the CDP4 very soon.

Neo360, I am not aware of any way to retrieve the RSSI from Futaba receivers. We will be releasing a sensor for video battery voltage soon that plugs into your OSD Pro.

RCWingFlyer, unfortunately linear accelerometers will likely not be sufficient for stabilizing the plane, since changes in the plane's motion affect the readings, as well as gravitational forces. However, we are going to be releasing an accelerometer for the eLogger soon (we already support this for our recorders) and at that time we can do some experiments to see if the data can be used for very stable planes, for stabilization.

The_Mongrel, sorry to hear about your issue. Leaving a pack connected to your eLogger definitely should not kill it. I do that all the time, sometimes intentionally. :-) I am not sure what went wrong, but if you can email support@eagletreesystems.com, we will get the problem unit checked out and fixed/replaced.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

With the other rx what is the connection?

When the sensor of battery is released, you contact me please

Thanks bill
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:53 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Neo360, many of the Spektrum RX's provide RSSI via a digital port, which we support. Also, Thomas Scherer's long range RX supports RSSI analog output, which we will support soon.

Yes, we will post here when the secondary voltage sensor is available!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:09 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,814 Posts
Quote:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Thanks Bill. I emailed them yesterday.

Not sure why it died either. I have had had for year and a half, so probably not covered by warranty (and that's OK - these things happen) Was my own stupid fault.

I am about to place another order for gear anyway, as all my stock form the last order is sold!

Thanks Bill.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:14 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:

FYI: I installed the new Alpha software and updated the OSD PRO with the included 1.37 firmware. If there's any change, I can't tell what it is.. The first image is the previous firmware (1.35 I think) and the second image is from the new 1.37 firmware.. However, I couldn't find any place to turn on the new "spread out" feature (I assume it's automatic?) and I didn't have to reduce the vertical offset (currently 55).
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:26 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Mongrel, sounds good, and great news on the sellout!!

KnimRod, do you have a Pal camera? If not, the change will have no effect.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:42 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Mongrel, sounds good, and great news on the sellout!!

KnimRod, do you have a Pal camera? If not, the change will have no effect.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

Yes, It's most definitely a PAL camera.
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:46 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Good day, BillPa!

Thank you for reply. I cant find Co-Pilot sensors head to order it, FMA site doesn't support PayPal, sensors head out of stock now, e.t.c

So, can it be possible in future to purchase ET own sensors (doesn't matter it will be optical or not) for RTH and flight stabilization?

It is will be possible to RTH or stabilize Flying Wings models like Toro or Swift?

Thanks a lot!
-- Sergey
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:58 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Thank you Billpa.

About the Pal screen I hope it is selectable by the user... In my las fly I made some edititng job and I cut the extrems of the screen... It looking nice.

This is the result with the sn555 and lawmate (you can see the letter still too much white) now I change the TX and I put airwawe one. The result is much better with the last one.

Soaring in south spain

Nº25- Vejer de la Frontera. E-hawk 2200 fpv (9 min 44 sec)

regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Last edited by Kiof; Jul 31, 2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:23 AM
Joined Jul 2009
805 Posts
Quote:
Neo360, many of the Spektrum RX's provide RSSI via a digital port, which we support. Also, Thomas Scherer's long range RX supports RSSI analog output, which we will support soon.

Yes, we will post here when the secondary voltage sensor is available!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
OK bill my RX has Rssi analog, look the datasheet is not compattible?

Bill sorry for all question

This is the RSSI of my RX

And this is the datasheet of controller in my RX:
http://www.cdiweb.com/datasheets/mic...S2724-F-03.pdf
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Last edited by Neo360; Jul 31, 2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:57 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,814 Posts
Hi Guys,

A couple of things...

Can I run the Servo Current Logger with the OSD. I am trying to determine how much current is being pulled from my ESC.

AND

I need to run 6 Servos and the OSD. Should I use an RX battery or a separate BEC?

Just not sure what is the best way.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:41 AM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
RCWingFlyer,

I am flying a wing and have been able to use the RTH mode successfully. It takes some tweaking of the values and you need a co-pilot and hardware delta wing mixer...

its not going to be as clean as with a easystar or telemaster, but it will save your bacon in case you have an emergency...

flight testing the RTH Autopilot (3 min 31 sec)
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:46 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Downeym, thanks for reply!

I am need to purchase complete set of Co-Pilot or only thermopile sensors are needed for use RTH with OSD Pro? Some soldering as i heard from the topic pages, is not a problem for me!
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:10 AM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
currently you need the entire set and it needs to be installed downstream from the OSD pro...

in the future eagle tree will release an interface PCB to connect the sensors directly to the OSD pro so that the OSD RTH mode can use the thermopile to sense the bank and pitch angles (along with artificial horizon), but that's not released yet.

see below for a wiring diagram to illustrate the connections

downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym