HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2009, 08:43 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
BlueAngel, glad 7.73 is working for you. I've not been able to reproduce any ugprade issues from 7.73 to 7.75 (just tried again here) but will work with you when/if you need to upgrade again.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

I have tried again today to update OSD Pro to firmware 1.35.
Updating works, but the error code comes again when i hit the OK button.

System is Windows Vista 64bit

this time a made a screenshot for you:
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:16 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,050 Posts
Hi Bill, I have a question regarding the use / operation of the Aux2 input for turning the overlay on/off and page switching.

Is it supposed to work like this..... say you have 2 or more pages of OSD data set up in the "Choose parameters to Display" window, and you have Change Pages with Aux2 enabled, and you also have turn OSD on/off with Aux2 enabled....

Should each toggle of the AUX2 input cause the OSD to cycle through each page of data and then to OSD off, then to OSD on again, then through each page again etc.

sorry for my long winded question but thats how I'm thinking its supposed to work but its not working for me that way.

If its not supposed to work that way could you explain how its supposed to work.

thanks Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Hi Bill, I have a question regarding the use / operation of the Aux2 input for turning the overlay on/off and page switching.

Is it supposed to work like this..... say you have 2 or more pages of OSD data set up in the "Choose parameters to Display" window, and you have Change Pages with Aux2 enabled, and you also have turn OSD on/off with Aux2 enabled....

Should each toggle of the AUX2 input cause the OSD to cycle through each page of data and then to OSD off, then to OSD on again, then through each page again etc.

sorry for my long winded question but thats how I'm thinking its supposed to work but its not working for me that way.

If its not supposed to work that way could you explain how its supposed to work.

thanks Geoff
I've been using the feature and believe it is working as designed. I have 2 pages setup and have it configured to turn off with the Aux 2 switch. Here's how mine works, which seems correct:

Start at page 1
<Flip the switch>
Swithes to page 2
<Flip the switch>
Turns OSD off
<Flip the switch>
Turns OSD on at page 1

What are you seeing?
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
Israel
Joined Jun 2008
240 Posts
Eagle Tree PRO R.T.H test

On windy day. without FMA AP i did my first RTH test.
the RTH was on bearing only.
and it is working excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy45G...er_profilepage
motiganot is offline Find More Posts by motiganot
Last edited by motiganot; Jul 22, 2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:15 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mueller
Hi Guys. I am trying to get my voice prompts to be clearly heard. The problem I have is the there is a lot of background noise from the microphone on board. I snipped off the microphone wires, and just a huge amount of interferenece white noise. Any recommended solutions? Using a Future hobbies system. I want to keep the vice prompts and eliminate any microphone or other interference noise- when I remove the mic.
Thanks!

Hey Bill/Gentlemen. OK, so I muted the speaker but I am getting a lot of interference sounnd when the voice alerts speak. Anyone have an idea how to silence all the loud white noise transmitted when the voice alert talks?? On my FutureHobbies 900mhzVideo Tx, the worst interfence on sound is channel 1. The other 3 channels are better, but not perfect by any means. Thanks for advice in advance!
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Last edited by rob mueller; Jul 18, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:03 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
I had another great flight this morning...

7-18-2009 thermal soaring flight (51 min 27 sec)

Its not really edited, so if you don't want to watch the whole thing (I don't blame you) here are the highlights

1:00 takeoff
3:15 motor shutdown @ 2100 ft
5:41 found a nice thermal @2074 ft
8:09 managed to scratch up to 2300ft
12:49 down to 1748 ft but found the thermal again
16:55 up to 1939 again
26:57 Since I was facing south, I reoriented the map
28:54 still around 1950ft, but now im in a strong thermal
32:38 peak altitude of 2782ft
41:42 motor back on again at 1222 ft
43:23 motor off again at 2211ft
44:49 max distance of 6042ft from home
45:00 I have to pee!
47:38 Decide to land and engage autopilot home
51:24 reasonably good landing!

4 minutes of motor run time and 50 minutes of flying! Not too shabby! and I only used half my flight battery...

who says you cant find thermals with just a gps?
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Last edited by downeym; Jul 19, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:40 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,278 Posts
The voice alerts are just too funny to me. Someday I must get the mic hooked up through my osd pro.
Carlyle Harper is offline Find More Posts by Carlyle Harper
Old Jul 19, 2009, 01:03 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
748 Posts
Well I guess I can qualify for the upgrade then I got my rma number back in MARCH

Thanks Bill, mine will be in the mail on monday.

I can't wait to get mine up and running, especially after watching some of the recent vids like downey's last post. Awesome video!!!!
lilphil26 is offline Find More Posts by lilphil26
Last edited by lilphil26; Jul 19, 2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 01:16 AM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,206 Posts
Nice job Mike. Thanks for sharing.
Tom in Cincy is online now Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old Jul 19, 2009, 02:49 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
kiof/emagnee, I have just re-enabled the white level/black level menu settings. This may help with your text issue. I assume the problem is a combination of the SN555 & your TX, but hopefully decreasing the text white level will help. Pls let me know what you find!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Bill Thank you.
As I said i use the SN555 with Tx lawmate 500 mw.
When I conect the camera wired to the recorder it looks much more better...

Now I put the white level to number 1 and black level to 0 and the resut is much better, thank you again.

I have a questions
1- I use metric units, please can some one tell me waht is the meaning of the 3 number os climrate?? If meter/second why show 3 numbers??

2- what is the difference in to climb rate and variometer rate (I use the altimeter)

3- Is possible to conetc a buzzer to the audio ouput (just for the vario)

Thank you

Regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Last edited by Kiof; Jul 19, 2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:21 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,249 Posts
Bill,

Thanks so much for the ability to configure the osd parameters in the software! Much easier!

I am waiting for one last feature to be implemented. Any idea when the configurable layout of the software will be available? Being able to reposition the gauges etc, and being able to utilize all of the available space and resize the window will be of great help when using the smaller screen notebooks.

Thanks!
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:42 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Yeah, thanks Bill, great work again!!

Is the ability to have ladders/radar on and off per page still in the pipeline?

Thanks again!
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jul 20, 2009, 02:38 AM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
477 Posts
Is it possible to have the option to display airspeed and vario in Knots and altitude in feet irrespective of the units used for logging(metric or imperial).

Thanks,

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
BlueAngel2000, I *think* the issue you are hitting is now fixed, in 7.76 on our beta site. Let me know if 7.76 fixes it. If not, I'll need to collect some more data from you, as it is specific to how Vista is installed on your PC.

motiganot, great flight! It's fantastic to see RTH working well on windy days, without FMA stabilization.

rob mueller, there is one more thing to try - can you short the ground and signal pins of the OSD Pro mic input together, using a jumper? Let me know if that reduces the noise when voice is active.

downeym, great flight also! So much for not being able to find thermals with GPS!

Kiof, glad to hear that changing the white level improved your video. Regarding climbrate, the the Climbrate and the "Var" (Variometer) parameter are displayed in meters/minute. Additionally, the Var parameter shows the results of total energy compensation, which is based on changes in speed. This feature helps to eliminate "stick thermals." Connecting a buzzer or small speaker to the audio output might just work!

techspy, the gauge resize/move feature is well underway. Hope to have that ready soon. I don't have a precise date unfortunately.

Dion, the programmable ladders feature is on the list, but not yet started.

Stuart, the knots/feet feature is also on the list.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 21, 2009, 02:14 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Thanks Billpa!!

Hoping to add my "RTH Working" video very soon...Work getting in they way :-)

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports