Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi,
as far as i remember ... the problems with the weird AHI in live-mode was solved with 10.40 and 10.53 has the enhanced video-diversity.

cu Thomas
Are there a select few who have had video problems that v10.53 has not gone beta yet??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstjern View Post
Dio,
One way to "see" what the throttle is doing is to activate servo deflection display on the osd. If the throttle value equals zero throttle at rth, you have a setup/sw problem. If not, I'd start looking at hw issues. It is not necessarily so clear cut, but should focus your debugging.

I'd first do what Thomas suggest, though, and do a factory reset, and start from scratch.

Jonas
hei jonas, mit kuuluu? I stayed in Finland for quite some time, Jyvaskyla and Tampere. Great time dude!

I'll try that too. I figured after some time of error checking that baro alt was used for the alt ladder, but I have removed the baro sensor, it's gps. I modified the setting to "use GPS", I tried a dry run and the motor started. Now it's time to fly (got held up yesterday).

Thanks Jonas and Thomas for your support!

Dio
Dionysos is online now Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
151 Posts
hi guys!

I got mine working flawlessly today. The problem was indeed that I checked the option "use baro for alt ladder". I just switched it off and oh my, it was beautiful!

... almost boring, hahaa

it really gives you a good feeling of increased safety.

Again, thanks for your help!

Dio
Dionysos is online now Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:39 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,247 Posts
Hi Dio,

good news ... so the selection of the wrong height sensor causes your issue. ill remember this in my "knowledge database".

Hi Mykro,

10.53 was the first attempt to improve the switching. actually Bill made the 10.56 for testing .... but on the northern hemi its winter an therefore there are only 2 or 3 people testing. youll find the 10.56-link in this post ... im sure Bill would be happy to have more testers.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

cu Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:54 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
The problems never end!
Unfortunately, some time ago, I made ​​this mistake http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=147
I thought, as I was told Billpa, nothing had happened. Yet today, here are the top problems.
1. the RSSI signal does not work well: when I turn radio assault and battery of the model, it seems to work fine: RSSI tells me fixed between 90-100 without swinging as he did before, then turn off the radio, the model engages the RTH and RSSI is to 1; turn on the radio and RSSI remains at 1 with an arrow upwards.
2. The GPS seems to lock on to satellites, after a long time, it makes me see the coordinates but the number of satellini not (I marked with an asterisk).
3. if you orient the model seems to mark the correct direction.
4. values ​​HDP and Cou show me only an asterisk.

The Guardian seems to work well, Altimeter seems to work well, the speed sensor seems to work well and OSD seems to work fine (I can do all the steps of setting with the display and I have also tried the visual flight and everything works well. According to me has failed or Elogger or GPS.

What has failed? I do not know where I should start and how to control and diagnose the problem. Give me some suggestions?
thanks
goryc is offline Find More Posts by goryc
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:40 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
The problems never end!
Unfortunately, some time ago, I made ​​this mistake http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=147
I thought, as I was told Billpa, nothing had happened. Yet today, here are the top problems.
1. the RSSI signal does not work well: when I turn radio assault and battery of the model, it seems to work fine: RSSI tells me fixed between 90-100 without swinging as he did before, then turn off the radio, the model engages the RTH and RSSI is to 1; turn on the radio and RSSI remains at 1 with an arrow upwards.
2. The GPS seems to lock on to satellites, after a long time, it makes me see the coordinates but the number of satellini not (I marked with an asterisk).
3. if you orient the model seems to mark the correct direction.
4. values ​​HDP and Cou show me only an asterisk.

The Guardian seems to work well, Altimeter seems to work well, the speed sensor seems to work well and OSD seems to work fine (I can do all the steps of setting with the display and I have also tried the visual flight and everything works well. According to me has failed or Elogger or GPS.

What has failed? I do not know where I should start and how to control and diagnose the problem. Give me some suggestions?
thanks
I say alone, but I would like that you take note of what happened to me.
It seemed that does not work at all, and instead, everything works! I had set, the menu display the "Display Live or Max Values" in MAX and then gave me values ​​corresponding to the time of pre-flight. I texted with Billpa because one of the features I would like to have in a future firmware was a summary of all the maximum values ​​reached during the flight and shown at the end of the flight as shown in the OSD competitor ET and I had replied that it was possible to use the function I mentioned above, I obviously did not used properly!
I apologize to all of my mistake but I got really scared to have broken everything.
Gory
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:03 AM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
I had asked Billpa can have in future releases of the software something that I can summarize the flight data at the end of flight:

Now he told me, so I've got that already exists in the software and display the menu item "Display Live or Max values".
But how do I use it? I can not understand how it works, which is why I made the mistake I described above!
thanks
Gory
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:35 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goryc View Post
I had asked Billpa can have in future releases of the software something that I can summarize the flight data at the end of flight:

Now he told me, so I've got that already exists in the software and display the menu item "Display Live or Max values".
But how do I use it? I can not understand how it works, which is why I made the mistake I described above!
thanks
Gory
gory,

I have never used max values, but I assume that you would fly in Live, and then at the end of the flight you can navigate the menu and display max values, if you want to see the post flight data.

Then you would want to change back to live, for the next flight.

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:00 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
gory,

I have never used max values, but I assume that you would fly in Live, and then at the end of the flight you can navigate the menu and display max values, if you want to see the post flight data.

Then you would want to change back to live, for the next flight.

-Mike
Thanks Mike,
In fact, I have already reported to the Live setting and I breathed a sigh of relief, everything works! I will never use more or toggle the parameter Max, I went to see them well in the manual!
Gory
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:58 PM
Christchurch NZ
Joined Sep 2009
132 Posts
Is there a way to set the altimeter sensor to "zero" before a flight? When powering up the total system it always registers a different altiude at the same location. I have a complete ET set up on board. Thanks.....
piet9 is offline Find More Posts by piet9
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:24 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Sep 2012
456 Posts
reset home i think does it
fpvbasher is online now Find More Posts by fpvbasher
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piet9 View Post
Is there a way to set the altimeter sensor to "zero" before a flight? When powering up the total system it always registers a different altiude at the same location. I have a complete ET set up on board. Thanks.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvbasher View Post
reset home i think does it
I also set a minimum satellite count of 3 with a 3d fix,

and a max hdop of 1.7, and a

Post GPS fix countdown of 5 seconds.

By the time it all checks out, everything is pretty accurate.

Then if it still is slightly off before launch, I will reset home position.

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:10 AM
Christchurch NZ
Joined Sep 2009
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I also set a minimum satellite count of 3 with a 3d fix,

and a max hdop of 1.7, and a

Post GPS fix countdown of 5 seconds.

By the time it all checks out, everything is pretty accurate.

Then if it still is slightly off before launch, I will reset home position.

-Mike
Thanks both for your help...
piet9 is offline Find More Posts by piet9
Last edited by piet9; Feb 09, 2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:13 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2008
207 Posts
I'm having a weird elevator channel problem on my OSD PRO. When I first plug in a servo through the OSD on the elevator channel I have full travel on the stick, then after about 5 seconds I loose top and bottom travel and only have a small movement in the middle of the stick.

I've tried multiple receivers and servos with the same results and all of the other channels on the OSD work just fine.

Any ideas? I'm thinking I'll send it in for repair.
blively is offline Find More Posts by blively
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Sep 2012
456 Posts
Run the servo wizard. Mine does that to after a new firmware install.
fpvbasher is online now Find More Posts by fpvbasher