SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:21 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
If you were to use the Y-harness, you wouldn't have to worry about any of that.

Just plug it into your input voltage, to the OSD, and over to the elogger.
Just to clarify... I would "Y" off of the main battery input cable that powers the elogger which would power a BEC..which plugs into a "Y' harness which is plugged into the battery backup port on the elogger..?

Or do I "Y" off of any input to the OSD and over to the battery backup port on the elogger..?
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
You only want 5 - 5.5V going to the elogger.

So if you were using the BEC from the ESC, then you would normally plug that into the OSD (throttle out).

In this case, You would put the y-harness inbetween that connection, and the other plug would go to the elogger (throttle in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
Just to clarify... I would "Y" off of the main battery input cable that powers the elogger which would power a BEC..which plugs into a "Y' harness which is plugged into the battery backup port on the elogger..?

Or do I "Y" off of any input to the OSD and over to the battery backup port on the elogger..?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Last edited by m_beeson; Dec 09, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:48 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:

So if you were using the BEC from the ESC, then you would normally plug that into the OSD (throttle out).

In this case, You would put the y-harness inbetween that connection, and the other plug would go to the elogger (throttle in)
I got it..! I forgot all about the elogger " throttle position" input...

What I have right now is a CC BEC powering the Rx..Would you suggest adding another BEC for what you suggest??.. Or would my existing BEC do the job for both??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:56 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:

Mike,
Am I missing something here? Or are you just taking about the rpm sensor into the e-logger? Because I'm currently running my 4s lipo to my OSD Pro at 14v then off the esc I have my bec going to my rx at 6v for servos. My esc is powering my e-logger at 14v.
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
Does the ground need to be hooked up too?
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:20 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
No, just bring that power supply over to the elogger throttle input for backup power to the elogger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
I got it..! I forgot all about the elogger " throttle position" input...

What I have right now is a CC BEC powering the Rx..Would you suggest adding another BEC for what you suggest??.. Or would my existing BEC do the job for both??
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
You are correct BriGuy,

What I am discussing with ashdec is to supply a backup 5V power supply to the elogger, to test it and see if it eliminates his problems with AHI drift.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the sensors being underpowered for some reason.

It is described in the manual, under Y-harness connection.

You can find it in the osd and the elogger manual, and you can find that it is used for several different conditions.

I am merely asking him to investigate this further, and if he chooses to try it, then we will see if it resolves his issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Mike,
Am I missing something here? Or are you just taking about the rpm sensor into the e-logger? Because I'm currently running my 4s lipo to my OSD Pro at 14v then off the esc I have my bec going to my rx at 6v for servos. My esc is powering my e-logger at 14v.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:27 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Yes, please read the manuals on this procedure, and if in doubt; ask Bill.

You would supply the 5V (+) & (-) to the elogger throttle input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
Does the ground need to be hooked up too?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Can somebody help with google earth live tracking. When I am in live mode and on google earth, If I click on the live file in My Places it takes me somewhere over the Pacific ocean ( I live in PA) I read that I need to set the altitude option to "Relative with ground" but it will not give me that option. Any help would be appreciated.
AutoPilotOn is offline Find More Posts by AutoPilotOn
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,049 Posts
Are you using the EE to get the GPS data.?
If so you need to have your EE connected to your pc buy USB cable and in the pc software select the EE as the device from which to be reading data.

Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post
Can somebody help with google earth live tracking. When I am in live mode and on google earth, If I click on the live file in My Places it takes me somewhere over the Pacific ocean ( I live in PA) I read that I need to set the altitude option to "Relative with ground" but it will not give me that option. Any help would be appreciated.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,092 Posts
beeson- I dont think the AHI is caused by a brown out situation. But I do think the issue I'm having with my other setup is. The OSD resets on throttle up after launching and some times on the ground. Nothing else makes sense for that problem.

I did send my guardian back to ET to have it looked at. I'll see what they say.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
OK,

That is interesting. Please update us of your results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
beeson- I dont think the AHI is caused by a brown out situation. But I do think the issue I'm having with my other setup is. The OSD resets on throttle up after launching and some times on the ground. Nothing else makes sense for that problem.

I did send my guardian back to ET to have it looked at. I'll see what they say.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Are you using the EE to get the GPS data.?
If so you need to have your EE connected to your pc buy USB cable and in the pc software select the EE as the device from which to be reading data.

Geoff
Thanks, yes I have the EE connected to my PC and it is is recieving the proper GPS coordinates. I have everything set up properly in the eagle tree software I think. I think my problem is in the settings on google earth.
AutoPilotOn is offline Find More Posts by AutoPilotOn
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
huge thanks to m_beeson and mykros.

I feel like i just won the powerball!

went flying today. sunny 10-15 wind. cold. EE working and prior RTH with guardian setup with carlyle trigger working well. flying around in new area. video going in and out, triggered RTH but for some reason didnt seem to want to come back this time on the OSD radar. I have my guardian on VrE on futaba 10c and usually move it back and forth to adjust gain during manual flying. it was set to 0 gain. (but it shouldn't matter, right? bc RTH uses the overall gain setting no?)

so video goes out, RTH is supposed to be triggered as I've done before. EE tracking and beeping. 6min go by. no plane. EE stops tracking. 10min go by. I think i'm hosed. I start thinking i might as well pack up and go. I turn transmitter off. 2 more min go by and i'm packing up my stuff and suddenly theEE starts beeping for diversity and tracking starts moving. I check my goggles...IT'S COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A feeling of relief and triumph like this doesn't happen every day. Big Big Big thanks to forum contributors. I'm sending good Karma your way!

I think the RTH took so long because it was flying into a headwind.

Ques: does the RTH with OSD pro and guardian decrease altitude by cutting throttle? because during the servo wizard it asks for throttle during descent, no? or does it do so by actually adjusting the elevator?

sorry for the long post but i had to share and my wife doesn't care.
jimbo24 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo24
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo24 View Post
...and my wife doesn't care.
welcome to the wife doesn't care support forum
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member